2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,412 views
It should be interesting to see how the new tires perform.

I think it is strange that this Penske Honda rumor is around because those two groups have done so little business together. Ilmor (75% owned by Penske) made the Honda V8 for the IRL thru 2006 then went in-house. They all ran spec Honda engines until 2012 when Penske switched to Chevrolet when the DW12 was introduced.

I don't think it's all that strange. Penske has been looking at getting back into sports cars and Honda (if they are the manufacturer) are looking for a top tier team that can aid in developing the car.

It just seems odd to me that HPD would hire Shank to run their program for only 1yr and then switch all of their factory backing to Penske, a team they havent worked with since 2006.

I doubt they will pull the NSX program considering how much they hyped it.
 
It should be interesting to see how the new tires perform.



I don't think it's all that strange. Penske has been looking at getting back into sports cars and Honda (if they are the manufacturer) are looking for a top tier team that can aid in developing the car.



I doubt they will pull the NSX program considering how much they hyped it.

My only hope is that Honda is actually ready, cause Penske always is, and so if it becomes another McLaren debacle I can bet safely that Penske wont stick around long. Honda might want to realize that as soon as possible.
 
The Honda engine will most likely be the same 3.5l one they used to win Daytona, Sebring, and Petit last year.

The GTD programme is single year only for MSR, afterwards it's purely a customer programme. Same rules for the Lexus programme.
 
Honda has always beem a strong supporter of American sportscar racing and I hope that MSR and/or Penske can do a strong showing with the brand. They, along with GM have what it takes to support multiple entries.
 
24 in the wall.
 
So how are you folks enjoying the 2017 12 Hours of Sebring?

Yeah, RACECAR. I just saw the No. 24 BMW get into the tire barrier. Tough break for that team.
 
Looking at the replay, can't figure out if the right front suspension just broke or they had a tire let go.
 
Could anyone help me out with a decent stream?
 
Is imsa.tv not working for you? A couple of my american buddies have it on youtube.
Edit: never mind had a flash player install that I needed to give permission for. Works fine now, thanks 👍
 
Last edited:
17353543_10155250352569258_7157661205338103526_n.jpg

quick lil #JDCBananaBoat thing I did today.
 
I thought this year's Sebring race was very cool. I didn't see a whole lot of it, but it was pretty entertaining for what I saw.


Up next... the state of Florida is nice, but the West Coast needs some loving, too. So bring on Long Beach!
 
I thought this year's Sebring race was very cool. I didn't see a whole lot of it, but it was pretty entertaining for what I saw.


Up next... the state of Florida is nice, but the West Coast needs some loving, too. So bring on Long Beach!

I liked the mid race show, where they launched a rocket. If they could do that next year and every year, i'll book my trip. :sly:
 
I was right near the jumbotron near turn 7 when they showed it on the screen, it looked like a comet, then I saw people pointing to the sky and I saw it, was pretty cool

I was near turn 10 (the second hairpin), and my god it looked AMAZING!
 
Send your thanks for the yellows and lapped traffic to Toyota USA for inspiring the addition of the GTD class.

TBD in the PR1 car and TBD/TBD in the 27 Change racing entry.:odd:

Still waiting for the new BOP table...
 
Hopefully Larry DeGeorge gets put into the fountain on lap 1 so we don't gotta deal with him.
 
C8Cj0ziXgAAVj8p.jpg:large

Finished up all the 2017 IMSA GTLM cars and put them on my threadless if anyone wants to buy things.

Neat 👍

Plan on doing anything similar for other series?
 
Back