2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,407 views
What is "Mustang Sampling" exactly?

It's a manufacturing company that specializes in gas/fuel products (e.g. regulators and sensors and so on). We talked about this in one of the older threads when the team originally came about.
 
We as in me specifically? Because I don't recall that but whatevs. As long as they don't retain any characteristics of Mustangs at car meets.
 
Yeah. The 5 and 31 are Action Express, or AXR.
 
Sector 3 is the technical section with yes, many low speed corners, but there is lots of room for overlap and side by side. Just watch the Caymans in the Continental Series race.
The end of that race was great to watch. Boundaries? Yeah, right. :eek::dopey::lol: 👍👍

Edit. Oh look, speaking of Caymans!

 
Last edited:
Gonna be in Ithaca all Summer... Hoping to make the trip to the Glen on the race weekend but I won't have my car so I'll have to get creative with trying to get there lol
 
Gonna be in Ithaca all Summer... Hoping to make the trip to the Glen on the race weekend but I won't have my car so I'll have to get creative with trying to get there lol
Unknown.jpg
 
I'm working on getting a new job right now so hopefully I get it and can set up days off in time to make it up there. Can I get camping tickets and just my Corolla to sleep in? I won't sleep much anyway what with cars waking you up early and partying all night.
 
I'm working on getting a new job right now so hopefully I get it and can set up days off in time to make it up there. Can I get camping tickets and just my Corolla to sleep in? I won't sleep much anyway what with cars waking you up early and partying all night.
That's what I do.
 
I was planning on my brother driving up from Virginia in his Tacoma and he was gonna outfit the back to be a camper but things came up and he had to take extra days off this year so I doubt he'll be able to get more so soon.
 
Cheapest camping is $135 plus your $80 weekend ticket. There will be plenty of both available.
We will be track side at the top of the boot from noonish Thursday through noonish Monday.
 
So $215 to have get in for the whole weekend. Then I just need money for food and drink for four days. In total I think $400 should be enough. I'd love to buy merch but it's so expensive.
 
Unsure of whether I can go, but if I do... expect the usual photo crap I post :P
 
I'm jut gonna be hammered with my buddies and yep.

---------------------------------

CoTA Data:
Track-Map-1.jpg

Prototype.jpg


WTR fastest through the fiddly bits, down on the straights.

That's commitment/setup speed. Not power.
 
Last edited:
That's commitment/setup speed. Not power.
Thats more downforce, and the extra power to be able to carry it. They are also superior under heavy braking, see sector 2 and 4. The superior torque is reflected in sec 2 and 5. You can keep claiming the BOP is just fine but the times dont lie. The P2 cars are 1.6,1.7,2.0 sec behind and they only way that will change anytime soon is if Fonzie Taylor becomes the 3rd driver. The fact that AXR are also 1 sec is interesting considering they used to be a competitor of Dallara (Coyote) and are now just a "customer".
 
Fastest laps from ELMS 4hr Monza P2's.

Oreca 1:38.673
Ligier 1:39.048
Dallara 1:39.108
 
Thats more downforce, and the extra power to be able to carry it. They are also superior under heavy braking, see sector 2 and 4. The superior torque is reflected in sec 2 and 5. You can keep claiming the BOP is just fine but the times dont lie. The P2 cars are 1.6,1.7,2.0 sec behind and they only way that will change anytime soon is if Fonzie Taylor becomes the 3rd driver. The fact that AXR are also 1 sec is interesting considering they used to be a competitor of Dallara (Coyote) and are now just a "customer".
Every session bar the race ended with a non-Cadillac between the WTR car and the next Cadillac. The BOP for the class is Good, WTR is just on a tear, and I don't want to see team-specific BOP come back like what ESM had in the ALMS.
 
Every session bar the race ended with a non-Cadillac between the WTR car and the next Cadillac. The BOP for the class is Good, WTR is just on a tear, and I don't want to see team-specific BOP come back like what ESM had in the ALMS.
You might want to review the timing again.

P1 Best 10-5-2
P1 ideal 10-31-2

P2 Best 10-5-85
P2 ideal 10-5-31

P3 Best 31-5-85 WTR was having Penske Indycar parts installed.:p
P3 ideal 31-5-85

Q Best 10-22-31-5 10 by 1.5 sec
Q ideal 10-31-22 10 by 1.44

The data from the ELMS race shows the Dallara is not 1.5 sec a lap better than any other car. As far as team BOP I dont want that either, but this is still broken and one brand of car is still in a class by itself. The fact that AXR are struggling with their engineering with a far superior car is on them, or maybe they are not getting the same level of support from Pratt & Miller, Dallara, and GM.
 
Fastest laps from ELMS 4hr Monza P2's.

Oreca 1:38.673
Ligier 1:39.048
Dallara 1:39.108
In high downforce trim. They'll be flying at Le Mans. Wonder how the Riley will fair?
 
In high downforce trim. They'll be flying at Le Mans. Wonder how the Riley will fair?
IMSA has only used the sprint spec FIA aero so far and other than some private testing none of the new P2's have raced in Le Mans spec aero yet.

This is the only picture I have seen of the low drag Riley.

C_mz8X-XsAAIyol.jpg


Quite a difference
C_J1ORuW0AEVof_.jpg


The front wheel arches look like a work in progress on Keating's car.
 
I don't know if it matters to the conversation but is Keatings car pictured above LMP2 class? I'm wondering.
 
I don't know if it matters to the conversation but is Keatings car pictured above LMP2 class? I'm wondering.
Keating's car in the picture above is a Riley WEC Spec LMP2. I think that that's the one he's going to race at Le Mans with as well.
 
They are testing their P2 and the Merc today with several other teams at Watkins Glen.

DADQX3zXsAEboKD.jpg
 
Back