2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,395 views
No action for the GT/Vette dustup after investigation.
 
96 BMW got a drive through after playing BMW battering ram with a couple AMGs.
 
If I was Porsche I would consider bringing the leader #911 in very soon to cover that Ford strategy.
 
Well would you look at that! What driver at Corvette is out again via wreck...fourth one this year. Maybe he's a Meeke fan
 
There will be many a bro hug when they meet again for the next Indycar broadcast. :lol:
I'm betting his Le Mans podium finishing teammate and victim of that chrome horn Jeff Segal will not be happy with just a hug.
 
Cack, the #007 Aston has ground to a hault with what, 7mins left :(.

Edit: darn it, now the #67 has had to come in....Looks like Westbrooks mighty stint wasn't enough :nervous:.
 
Really good battle between the 3 and the 24 for 3rd in GTLM.
 
Well, very well done to the #911, getting the '17 RSR's first win in IMSA, and a mighty display in general for Porsche to get a one-two in GTLM, fair do's. And nice little battle for third in the end there, nice one by Tomczyk in the #24, glad he held off the #3 Vette to hold 3rd :D.

And speaking of Porsche, mighty stuff for the #73 GT3 R to get the win in GTD, mighty drive there, plus a very decent recovery drive by the #93 to get back up to 5th. Otherwise, not quite the the day for my beloved Ford's, with the #66 suffering "problems", and the #67 unfortunately having to pit at the end there, looks like their adventurous strategy they tried at Laguna last year, didn't quite pay off, even if it was a very impressive stint by Westbrook.
 
Last edited:
I hope Justin Bell heard what Hindy just said about him on the track PA, no class indeed for pushing Shea out of the way for a interview.
 
Great race, fantastic to not have craptastic Prototypes anywhere to be seen and just good GT racing at a lunatic track. 👍
 
Yea, interesting to see there were no yellows too, I'm kind of surprised given Lime Rocks, tight, narrow nature, but was just a very good GT race.
 
I hope Justin Bell heard what Hindy just said about him on the track PA, no class indeed for pushing Shea out of the way for a interview.
Shame that I missed that since I still haven't bought a charging cable for my laptop.
 
Well that's expected/unexpected. The Multimatic is in a state of limbo as it's fixed and made competitive so a switch for a desperate team makes sense. However, why Ligier if the rumor was a Dallara Cadillac next year? Will they stick with an LMP2 or...get a Nissan? :odd: Just seems odd, as the Ligier is/isn't as competitive as the Oreca, right now. Probably reading way too much into it, but to choose a Ligier specifically seems interesting at this moment.
 
So I'll be at the Road America round! Got tickets for the Audi tent too. Then a track day the Tuesday after the event there also!
 
Well that's expected/unexpected. The Multimatic is in a state of limbo as it's fixed and made competitive so a switch for a desperate team makes sense. However, why Ligier if the rumor was a Dallara Cadillac next year? Will they stick with an LMP2 or...get a Nissan? :odd: Just seems odd, as the Ligier is/isn't as competitive as the Oreca, right now. Probably reading way too much into it, but to choose a Ligier specifically seems interesting at this moment.

...Or maybe a Ligier was the only car they could get on such short notice? I wouldn't read too much into what they choose, I think they just needed to get out of the Multimatic.


Unrelated note: I was at Lime Rock at the weekend, and it didn't disappoint!



I have more pics, but I don't wanna make a giant post. It was an absolute blast!
 
I wonder if that #52 PR1 car that ended the race upside down at Mosport with paying drivers in it ends up being the chassis they use?

nope.

DFmv03fVoAAnQDa.jpg

http://www.onroak.com/en/news/visit-florida-racing-takes-delivery-of-a-ligier-js-p217/
 
Last edited:
Why not both?

There's already complaints about the length of the schedule, so as nice as it would be I don't think the calendar will be expanding any time soon.
 
Back