2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
The more you think about it, the comments get more stupid.

This moron realizes that Ford and Chevy go to Le Mans right? He thinks WEC Ford fans are a different group than IMSA Ford fans? Hell, without Ford and Chevy, WEC would basically be at WTCC levels for 2017.

From WEC to IMSA, it's the same damn drivers, many of the same teams, in GTLM is the exact same, the cars basically look the same.....but somehow the fans are different? Shut the 🤬 forever!

How might I reach out to these assholes to give them a piece of my mind?
Pretty sure he was speaking about lmp1 and dpi, the top class, not GTE. There's also a language barrier as he's French, so English isn't his native tongue. The French aren't known for holding their tongue anyway. You really have to read endurance-info articles to understand what he's actually saying. Google translate works well enough.

What he said about American fans perhaps not interested as much about what's under the hood, he's speaking about the NASCAR camp (which own's WTSC). And those guys are not really interested in 'fancy hybrids' like kers and exhaust heat generators. I think it's pretty obvious the rule makers for WTSC took a dpi formula which was close to NASCAR's formula and combined it with lmp2 (chassis), but they left out a lot of things lmp1 has. The bop being the biggest thing imo.

And Audi didn't pull out because costs, they were probably the one's spending the most. They did it to save face as they were running a diesel. Those big fines came from the diesel controversy, that's why you see them in Formula E so they can get their image to look clean.

It's possible to be fans of both series. The politics are a side show. I'll enjoy dpi (when the other's can compete with Cadillac) and lmp1.

Okay, a few points.

1) The diesel controversy affected them financially. They pulled out mainly because of costs while fighting a legal battle. It was a major reason for them leaving.

2) There was only one race so far, wait until Sebring or at least a few races in before you say Cadillac is the leader. One race means abso-🤬-lutely nothing.

Toyota USA should have know Gentilozzzi was a snake going into that deal.
As the impact is a little bad publicity at worst, I don't see the harm.

This is an issue between Gentilozzi and Reay and it seems it's remained that way.

As the impact is a little bad publicity at worst, I don't see the harm.

This is an issue between Gentilozzi and Reay and it seems it's remained that way.
Did you even read the article? Assets seized and U.S. Marshalls knocking on the doors is a problem.

I won't be wearing my RSR shirts at events anymore. I really liked the Jaguar shirt.

I find it funny that Gentilozzi's representation and/or himself thought an appeal was going to work in their favor. Yeah, until the Marshalls showed up. :eek:

After the morning session all but the VFR Riley managed to beat the IMSA lap record. Trap speeds in session 2 are all in the 172-173 range with the exception of the Riley which is only capable of 167 mph. This is bad news for Riley if they cant compete with the other P2's and have their bodywork homologated for 4? yrs.

More details about the lawsuit and that scumbag Gentilozzi. http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/138329-insight-hunter-reay-s-case-against-gentilozzi

Last edited:
Did you even read the article? Assets seized and U.S. Marshalls knocking on the doors is a problem.
I did read the article, thanks. I read the part that said that 3GT and Lexus' operations would not be affected.

So imagine my confusion when I felt like you implied the correlation.

Last edited:
They run LMP2 and LMP3 cars in ELMS, and do rather well. Joest is quiet unfortunately.

Considering how long Joest have been around and their record, I suspect that for now they're looking into bodywork mods and which chassis to run for when they find factory to back them. I don't see them having a problem find one of those either, Hyundai/Kia have been making some bold looking things lately, maybe they'd be interested.

Considering how long Joest have been around and their record, I suspect that for now they're looking into bodywork mods and which chassis to run for when they find factory to back them. I don't see them having a problem find one of those either, Hyundai/Kia have been making some bold looking things lately, maybe they'd be interested.
Don't forget Bentley were thinking about it, and there's always a chance of Mercedes and or Porsche maybe?

Well this just got interesting. TRD better have a backup plan.
1-800-Derek-Walker

If there are no fans at Sebring wearing this gear near the 3GT team trailer and Lexus tent I will be very disappointed. ;)

DSCN6134__62357.1461258105.1280.1280.JPG

M2129_th.jpg

A package of internet cookies to the fans who show up in full Raylan Givins.

c8bbbb1eb09308430647b29652d002ef.jpg

I'm wondering if to make the best sell job he possibly could to Lexus, Paul got his sons to do the work. Everybody knows Paul and thus don't think too highly of him, but his sons? Nope. No heat on them and a new team name, they made one hell of a convincing sell.

I'm wondering if to make the best sell job he possibly could to Lexus, Paul got his sons to do the work. Everybody knows Paul and thus don't think too highly of him, but his sons? Nope. No heat on them and a new team name, they made one hell of a convincing sell.
And I bet Lexus are kicking themselves right now for buying into his sons sales job.

Derek Walker, we have a team for you! :D :P

Was it Lexus or was it the other way around and the 3GT team approached Lexus first, or was the only team to approach Lexus to run the RC F's?

Update: Turns out not only were his sons part owners of RSR, but the also were part owners of F Performance AND, surprise, 3GT Racing. Looks like my suggestion might not be off. Interstingly, the 3GT site has Paul down as the "Managing Partner".

Was it Lexus or was it the other way around and the 3GT team approached Lexus first, or was the only team to approach Lexus to run the RC F's?

I'm thinking it was them that came to Lexus, thus forming F Performance Racing.

Back