2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
I think Indy is great at Barber, but I also could care less about overtaking.

What a cluster of a race...I'd argue the qualifying was better than the race (outside of Ed Brown pedaling around 3-4 seconds off the pace...)

I'd absolutely love to see anybody go to Mid-Ohio - it's been done before and it's a great track.

What a cluster of a race...I'd argue the qualifying was better than the race (outside of Ed Brown pedaling around 3-4 seconds off the pace...)

I'd absolutely love to see anybody go to Mid-Ohio - it's been done before and it's a great track.
ALMS was beautiful there.

I've enjoyed races from both Mid-Ohio, and Barber (hell I'd love to see VIR return - is it on the schedule this year?). America is chock a bock full of fantastic, scenic B-class race tracks (i.e. ones without multi-billion dollar venues - I don't mean it as a slight!). We're damn near spoilt for choice.

PS: This is why I was happy to see Watkins Glen get a nice makeover, and Mosport under the command of Ron, also getting a decent refurb (lite).

WE NEED TO BUY THIS NOW PLEASE! :drool: Wait why's the car missing its mirrors? :odd:
2.png

What the hell is this? :lol:
1.png

Ah memories.
3.png

I know the guy was a complete **** head, but I miss Level 5. Mainly nostalgia, but I do miss that team. Especially those Ferrari's from the first ever IMSA WSCC race in 2014 at Daytona. But also because I remember them in P2 during the last ALMS season, and I dunno it just sucks to see that the team fell apart so quickly when it was officially known that Tucker was an *******. :(

Last edited:
If everyone chips in, we can have a GTP racing team! I vote myself a driver...
I think we need to host an autocross event to determine the team drivers.

I've always fancied a run in the 25 hours of Thunderhill. Could go for an overall win in one of those P2's easily, or maybe do a more conservative run in a GT car.

For the cost of most of those cars, though, you could buy a new P3 and actually have places to go race it.

I've always fancied a run in the 25 hours of Thunderhill. Could go for an overall win in one of those P2's easily, or maybe do a more conservative run in a GT car.

For the cost of most of those cars, though, you could buy a new P3 and actually have places to go race it.
True, or I could get one of the P2's and enter it in the time attack events that I'm doing this summer...:lol:

Sadly, it seems all of the prototypes are Sans-engine, so that price is chassis only. Given the ARX's similarities with the Oreca FLM09, I think a Katech Chevy V8 could be fitted in there to give you a relatively inexpensive and reliable power unit. As sacrilegious as that would be.

That would further complicate things as there's really only a few places they can be raced.

Honestly, I think the 458's are the best things there. Still relatively new, capable of being updated to GT3 spec and would work well in most club level GT racing.

The F430 Crawford Grand Am seems like it could be a solid car as well, and easier to work on by a team without needing Ferrari/Michelotto techs to keep it moving.

For those looking for something more affordable, there's an ATV a few pages in!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back