2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
This.

Twitcher, are you talking about how difficult it is to get back on the lead lap in the 12 hour? I prefer that method to the getting a lap back for no reason IMSA method, but things could definitely be done better.

This is exactly where I think slow zones / code 60's should be looked into. No unfair advantages / disadvantages to anyone and a race that is considerably more natural.

Agreed, but when code 60's/ slow zones are active they need to close the pits, we've seen on insane advantages made in the blancpain series by pitting while the course is under code 60, though its all about tweaking the rules to ensure clean safe racing

Would the race be better off not having gravel traps on the exit of the first and last corners? I know they work wonders for enforcing track limits, but several safety cars were called to recover cars that could otherwise have sorted themselves out under a local yellow. We'd have more green flag running and the victim of an incident wouldn't lose so much time.

Roo
Would the race be better off not having gravel traps on the exit of the first and last corners? I know they work wonders for enforcing track limits, but several safety cars were called to recover cars that could otherwise have sorted themselves out under a local yellow. We'd have more green flag running and the victim of an incident wouldn't lose so much time.

Not really, for 2 reasons, the approach speeds for those corners are high, both have walls fairly close to the circuit, which realistically cant be moved back any further without messing with infrastructure outside the circuit, secondly, miles of run off is extremely unappealing, people never get properly punished for making mistakes with run off areas in place,

Honestly 99% of those could have been covered with a recovery vehicle, a bungee cord and a temporary code 60,

Back