2017 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour | February 3-5Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 482 comments
Not sure why SVG was trying to keep up with Whincup anyway. He's on old tyres, no way to take the place back even if you didn't know about the drive through looming over your head...

It was certainly a great drive for Ferrari and they certainly deserved the win.

The sucky thing is now after 2 weeks of sports car racing there isn't anything happening until Mid-March (unless I'm forgetting something). :irked:

Haha, Maro sticking the boot into svg on telly! # legend

Honestly glad he did that, it's about time someone called him out on the many, many dumb or outright malicious decisions he has made over the years in both Endurance racing and in V8 Supercars

People posting all kinds of stuff on Facebook of Maro Engel's reaction to Shane Van Gisbergen's crash. This was as nuts as nuts can get. All kinds of comments posted on the Bathurst 12 Hours' Facebook fan page.

Anybody know if the Bentleys are any good?
Yes. They are very good ,i usually see them in the top ten or 2 ,3,4,5 or leading the race ,they are very fast and have alot of torque you wouldn't think it was fast by just looking at it cause it look so big and gives the impression of looking heavy . One of my favourite to watch .

People posting all kinds of stuff on Facebook of Maro Engel's reaction to Shane Van Gisbergen's crash. This was as nuts as nuts can get. All kinds of comments posted on the Bathurst 12 Hours' Facebook fan page.

The amount of people defending SVG is insane, talking about how Maro was a bad driver in V8 Supercars (in an Erebus Mercedes where everyone did badly) and how he's too **** to be invited into the V8's again (Oh no, I guess he will just continue racing in a more prestigious worldwide series instead)

The last 30 minutes really speak for itself and how racing can have its highs, lows, and twisted fates just like the Mount itself... It was like survival out there... Extremely exciting though!
Screenshot 2017-02-05 at 01.54.46.png
Screenshot 2017-02-05 at 01.47.59.png
Screenshot 2017-02-05 at 01.48.29.png
Screenshot 2017-02-05 at 01.49.46.png
Screenshot 2017-02-05 at 01.56.40.png

Many cautions eliminated the top contenders early on in the event unfortunately. Some miscalculations and aggressive moves were made to not sacrifice speed. This years race also had its fair share of mechanical problems as well. However, like a stone, the #88 Ferrari of Maranello Motorsport stood its course all week, taking the pole, showing speed and consistency to dominate a large portion of the race, and limited its mistakes. Congrats to Toni Vilander, Craig Lowndes, and Jamie Whincup to take the win and conquer Mount Panorama in the 12 hours of Bathurst. Congrats to all the podium placers, all who finished and participated, and the people who made this event possible for this year's 12 hour race, it was amazing and did not disappoint. Lets hope that 2018 brings a even better 12 Hours of Bathurst!

What a week it has been. Began with a fast, down to the wire 24 Hours of Daytona classic, an excellent Australian motor race in the 12 Hours of Bathurst, and then the Super Bowl...👍 ;)

Last edited:
The amount of people defending SVG is insane, talking about how Maro was a bad driver in V8 Supercars (in an Erebus Mercedes where everyone did badly) and how he's too **** to be invited into the V8's again (Oh no, I guess he will just continue racing in a more prestigious worldwide series instead)

While I agree with you, one SVG is going to be defended and more so now because of winning a championship in Supercars. Two I wouldn't say Formula E is more prestigious in the slightest compared to Supercars. However, if Engel wasn't able to voice simply due to results in one series with a car that had the least development out of all the cars at that time, then that's outright stupid and people should probably conceal their bias for SVG. Cause it's clouding their better judgement. Anyways glad I checked out of this one, it got boring seeing Whincup in a usual spot at Bathurst even if CL was with him and Vilander.

The amount of people defending SVG is insane,
It's the usual "if you don't go for a gap, you're no longer a racing driver" garbage. And maybe there's merit in that, but I would counter with "if you can't pass a significantly slower car without making contact in a racing discipline where navigating through slower traffic is a vital skill and when the driver of that car is aware of your presence and will move to accomodate you if you're patient enough to wait three seconds, you're no longer a racing driver". But I'm having trouble fitting it into 140 characters or less.

Two I wouldn't say Formula E is more prestigious in the slightest compared to Supercars.

I'd say Formula E is more globally recognised, but it will definitely be more popular then V8 Supercars in a couple of years if the V8 Management continues going the way it is now. The point was more that it's not like he is looking for a drive in a slowly dying series

It's the usual "if you don't go for a gap, you're no longer a racing driver" garbage. And maybe there's merit in that, but I would counter with "if you can't pass a significantly slower car without making contact in a racing discipline where navigating through slower traffic is a vital skill and when the driver of that car is aware of your presence and will move to accomodate you if you're patient enough to wait three seconds, you're no longer a racing driver". But I'm having trouble fitting it into 140 characters or less.

This is exactly what I was talking about a month ago in the Supercars thread when others thought the guy did no wrong, and some of us brought up the fact that he frequently drives with a style that does wrong. And gets placed as a great driver on the limit, which he is a great driver that is far too anxious for the experience he's had.

I don't understand how Tander gets made fun of but no SVG for the same actions basically.

I'd say Formula E is more globally recognised, but it will definitely be more popular then V8 Supercars in a couple of years if the V8 Management continues going the way it is now. The point was more that it's not like he is looking for a drive in a slowly dying series

I don't disagree with that, but then again we need to allow the new rules to set in so manufactures can see the series as a return to ATCC like experience and not the former "V8 Supercars" it no longer is.

Back