2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupé Revealed

• Thread starter townha99
  • 54 comments

How much do you like it?

• Total voters
United States
California
townha99
Pictures and article excerpts are from Car and Driver.
2017-Mercedes-Benz-C250d-4MATIC-coupe-Euro-spec-101-876x535.jpg 2017-Mercedes-Benz-C300-coupe-109-876x535.jpg 2017-Mercedes-Benz-C300-coupe-107-876x535.jpg 2017-Mercedes-Benz-C250d-4MATIC-coupe-Euro-spec-115-876x535.jpg2017-Mercedes-Benz-C300-coupe-119-876x535.jpg

With the release of the W205 Mercedes C-Class early last year, people have long been waiting for the release of the sleeker, sportier C-Class Coupé. The coupé was revealed today with large amounts of tech and features, as well as a radically different design from the last one. The design largely mimics that of the bigger, more expensive S-Class Coupé, as the C and S sedans do. From Car and Driver, " The 2017 C-class coupe rollout begins next spring, with the rear-drive C300 and all-wheel-drive C300 4MATIC... the C300s will be joined within a few months of their launch by a C450 AMG coupe powered by a 362-hp twin-turbocharged V-6, as well as a fire-breathing Mercedes-AMG C63 coupe with a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V-8 in 469-hp and 503-hp states of tune." What are your thoughts on the new coupé, and do you think it holds a candle to the Audi A/S/RS5, and the BMW 4-Series/M4?

C&D article link: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-mercedes-benz-c-class-coupe-photos-and-info-news

I'm not a fan of the A45esque curve where the headlight-meets-grill bottom corners. I miss the double round headlights. Even the 1980s sealed beams with the amber parking lights.

I quite like it, but it's quite 'cab forward' and as a result the proportions make it look FWD!!

This should be a bigger scandal than Bangle Butt. It's disgusting. Interior looks great though. Another car with Eiffel Tower Syndrome, whereby one escapes the eyesore from within.

I quite like it, but it's quite 'cab forward' and as a result the proportions make it look FWD!!
I think that's a perspective thing. Merc's own press release says the distance from the bulkhead to the front of the car is 60mm longer than the previous C-Class Coupe.

It looks ugly from B pillar onwards especially if you check the official high pics form top gear :( Looks really fat compared to the current gen and current S-class coupe

Move the rear wheels forward by about 10-15 cm and it would look great. As it is, it looks like they tried to stretch a small coupe body over a much larger platform.

As I have said a few times. These type of car are not about the exterior or performance but the interior imo.

I like it.

As I have said a few times. These type of car are not about the exterior or performance but the interior imo.

I like it.
Given that it's a coupe version of a car available as a saloon or estate, it will be bought almost solely for looks and performance. People after a nice interior can get the same interior in the saloon and estate, and both of those are more practical.

Given that it's a coupe version of a car available as a saloon or estate, it will be bought almost solely for looks and performance. People after a nice interior can get the same interior in the saloon and estate, and both of those are more practical.
True.

This should be a bigger scandal than Bangle Butt. It's disgusting. Interior looks great though. Another car with Eiffel Tower Syndrome, whereby one escapes the eyesore from within.

Funny you should say that.

2017-Mercedes-Benz-C300-coupe-109-876x535.jpg

Because that looks a lot like an X6.

I wouldn't buy this car purely on the fact that is has a B-pillar. Mercedes coupes should never have B-pillars. Ever.

I haven't been a fan of the C-class stuff in some years, but this just screams "BMW is doing better so we'll follow their steps" along with try to place CLA and some AMG GT into alot of their product line.

They're still calling it a C63 even though it has a 4.0L twin turbo. **** Mercedes.

Latest Posts

Back