2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupé Revealed

• Thread starter townha99
  • 54 comments

How much do you like it?

• Total voters
No it hasn't. The old car had a 6.2L. They rounded up. New engine? Time for new numbers.

Regular models, for which BMW is also doing the same thing, aside, the A45 AMG started the fake numbering thing for AMG in 2013, so technically it has been like that for years, just not very many of them.

Maybe this is one of those cars that look a lot better in real life. Like the CLA.

No it hasn't. The old car had a 6.2L. They rounded up. New engine? Time for new numbers.

W204 C180 CDI, 120hp = OM651, 2143ccm
W204 C250 CDI, 204hp = OM651, 2143ccm

If you go back to 2007-2009, the C200 CDI and C220 CDI used exactly the same engine which was downtuned over engine software for the C200 CDI.

I don't know which year/model they started to abandon their old naming sheme though.

The only luxury manufacturer that I know of that stays true to their numbers (most of the time) is Lexus.

IS250 = 2.5L V6
ES350 = 3.5L V6
RC350 = 3.5L V6
GS350 = 3.5L V6
LS460 = 4.6L V8
LX570 = 5.7L V8

Then you have the hybrids, which some are somewhat off.

CT200H = 1.8L I4
LS600H = 5.0L V8

I'm not liking these new VW Passat CC rears :yuck:

Went Merc last went from angular to curvy (mid to late 00's) it was a tragedy IMO.

Regular models, for which BMW is also doing the same thing, aside, the A45 AMG started the fake numbering thing for AMG in 2013, so technically it has been like that for years, just not very many of them.

The A45 wasn't the first, by far, it started way earlier than 2013.

Last edited:
c-class_cab_design_sketch.jpg

A sketch of the upcoming C-class Cabrio.

This is a hugely impressive car when you see it in the flesh. Though, it seems people have moved from BMW to Audi, and now seem to reside in A-classes...

This is a hugely impressive car when you see it in the flesh. Though, it seems people have moved from BMW to Audi, and now seem to reside in A-classes...

For the cost, the CLA45 I heard earlier just sounded so ordinary. I miss multi-cylinder performance cars in that class.

I wonder how will Jag XE coupe would look like if it was ever produced. All 3 german coupes are underwhelming.

If you like outlandish styling, there is the Lexus RC. The Infiniti Q60 also looks like a promising prospect with the VR30DDTT engine.

Back