2017 Rolex Daytona 24 Hour: Results Inside

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,149 comments
Bonfire.

upload_2017-1-28_14-31-18.png

Suddenly the penalty people were complaining about in the Conti series for the crew member not wearing Nomex socks shows its purpose with the Lambo fire. People can complain about their penalties all they want, but that could have potentially been very bad if people were not wearing safety gear (you could argue the socks, but people can still get burns from areas not fully protected by the firesuit.)

Suddenly the penalty people were complaining about in the Conti series for the crew member not wearing Nomex socks shows its purpose with the Lambo fire. People can complain about their penalties all they want, but that could have potentially been very bad if people were not wearing safety gear (you could argue the socks, but people can still get burns from areas not fully protected by the firesuit.)
Nobody argued that they shouldnt have the right socks, they argued that the penalty was a punch in the nuts when all that was needed was a warning.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (following the race via this thread) but didn't Mazda say they were entering their RT24 prototype in this?

If they did, how is it doing?

Nobody argued that they shouldnt have the right socks, they argued that the penalty was a punch in the nuts when all that was needed was a warning.
I get the point that a warning should have been used, but on the other hand, I also followed the story of drag racer Lyle Barnett. The guy easily could have burned to death in a wreck, and it took him a couple years and several surgeries to get back to where he was. Even other drag racers said that they now only care about safety as much as they do because of what everyone saw him go through. Harsh rule or not, it exists to protect the drivers and crew, and we both know that humans are not always the most safety conscious creatures.

So how are you all liking the 24 Hours of Daytona so far? I've tried to follow every Daytona 24 since my first one in 2000. It's great seeing the newer cars and the multitude of driving talent at Daytona.

IMSA Radio (RLM) saying Continental is mounting rain tires for some teams now. Sounds like teams are expecting it to rain at some point in the race.

Back