2017 SUPER GT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 281 comments
United States
Los Angeles
racingheartruby
RubyWooby
2017 schedules have been announced, along with some new pairings. I think it's time for a new thread.

A few things to start us off, Team Mugen confirming Mutoh and Daisuke Nakajima.
https://supergtworld.wordpress.com/...confirm-2017-gt500-entry-with-mutoh-nakajima/

h03-1280x853.jpg

Kosuke Matsuura joining Baguette in Nakajima Racing.
https://supergtworld.wordpress.com/2016/12/13/matsuura-joins-baguette-at-nakajima-racing/

h04-1280x853.jpg

There is nothing new for Lexus atm, but IMPUL might be switching to Michelins after JP Oliveira posted a IG story with a Michelin tent at a Sepang test, either that or it's just nothing.

The Calsonic branding might not be on the Impul car next year.
Could you elaborate on this? Would they switch to another team, or not be on any car next year? Super GT without Calsonoc...:(

If that turns out to be true, is it not a little strange that both Motul and Calsonic would both leave Nissan at the same time?

Could you elaborate on this? Would they switch to another team, or not be on any car next year? Super GT without Calsonoc...:(

If that turns out to be true, is it not a little strange that both Motul and Calsonic would both leave Nissan at the same time?
Nissan sold their 41% share of Calsonic Kansei to KKR http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Deals/Nissan-to-sell-Calsonic-Kansei-to-KKR

Since there's no more ties between the two companies I don't think you'll see that famous blue GTR on the grid next year :(

Well I imagine a sponsorship contract is still valid and I doubt Nissan would tie in a racing sponsorships expiration with the date of them selling shares in a company.

But your point is nonetheless the same, the new company may not continue the branding come expiration time. Hopefully they recognize the international exposure they get through the car and keep with it.

This is the scheme Team Impul runs in Super Formula...if the sponsors transfer over from that programme to the GT500 programme, I'd expect the car to look similar.
super-formula-%E7%AC%AC6%E6%88%A6%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3%83%84%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89sugo-2016-%E9%96%A2%E5%8F%A3%E9%9B%84%E9%A3%9B-itochu-enex-team-impul.jpg

Well I imagine a sponsorship contract is still valid and I doubt Nissan would tie in a racing sponsorships expiration with the date of them selling shares in a company.

But your point is nonetheless the same, the new company may not continue the branding come expiration time. Hopefully they recognize the international exposure they get through the car and keep with it.
The sale is of all their stake in Calsonic Kansei. That means they are not going to be affiliated with the Nissan any more. Doubt you'll see them on the car.

They really don't get "international exposure" from it. IIRC you can't buy Calsonic stuff outside of Japan, and SGT isn't broadcasted on television outside of Japan. It's a domestic company with a domestic audience.

It's telling the amount of "exposure" they get internationally when everyone outside of Japan has to ask what they produce.

I don't see Calsonic leaving Impul anytime soon, there's a similar partnership that Denso and Sard have.

Also with Calsonic leaving the Nissan umbrella, their names could very well be on Impul's Toyota-powered Super Formula cars in the future as well.

Very interesting. Ryo Hirakawa (who drove the #37 last season) is a newly sponsored Red Bull driver, but they could also bring over Pierre Gasly since he'll be in Japan racing Super Formula. That would fit the "high profile international driver" rumors that have been going around.

The sale is of all their stake in Calsonic Kansei. That means they are not going to be affiliated with the Nissan any more. Doubt you'll see them on the car.
If I sign a contract extension to continue sponsoring a car for 5 years and then the next year I sell my stake in the company, unless the contract is void with new ownership, they are obligated to continue the sponsorship or risk financial penalties if they terminate it early.

The rumor is what I said. I only relayed it here so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue about it. Calsonic was on the cars because it was a Nissan affiliated brand. The Japanese guy who first posted this on Twitter is familiar with Super GT and said you probably won't see the branding because of the sale.

The rumor is what I said. I only relayed it here so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue about it. Calsonic was on the cars because it was a Nissan affiliated brand. The Japanese guy who first posted this on Twitter is familiar with Super GT and said you probably won't see the branding because of the sale.
Because you are stating a rumor as fact. You cannot retroactivley try to repair this situation by saying "Lol I'm just saying what this other guy said", when you havent suggested that at all in any of your previous posts on this topic.

Your very first post on this topic boldly stated that since Nissan sold their shares in Calsonic, Calsonic would no longer be on the Super GT car. As this has yet to be confirmed, your statement is knee-jerk at best, false at worst.

If you are simply parroting someone else, then that applies to them as well.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, that is the truth and therefor the only thing that can be posted.

I'll say again and clarify: This certainly puts the future of Calsonic sponsorship of Team Impul in doubt, but contracts are not suddenly void if a company changes ownership (and if they are, shame on Impul for allowing that vulnerability).

If you can provide information that suggests Calsonic's sponsorship runs out this year or has to be renewed each year, then it will certainly lend strength to the rumor.

Because you are stating a rumor as fact. You cannot retroactivley try to repair this situation by saying "Lol I'm just saying what this other guy said", when you havent suggested that at all in any of your previous posts on this topic.

Your very first post on this topic boldly stated that since Nissan sold their shares in Calsonic, Calsonic would no longer be on the Super GT car. As this has yet to be confirmed, your statement is knee-jerk at best, false at worst.

If you are simply parroting someone else, then that applies to them as well.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, that is the truth and therefor the only thing that can be posted.

I'll say again and clarify: This certainly puts the future of Calsonic sponsorship of Team Impul in doubt, but contracts are not suddenly void if a company changes ownership (and if they are, shame on Impul for allowing that vulnerability).

If you can provide information that suggests Calsonic's sponsorship runs out this year or has to be renewed each year, then it will certainly lend strength to the rumor.
You wrote an essay for a reply based on your opinion that I was stating a rumor as fact. Gotcha. I stated factually that the company is no longer a Nissan affiliated brand. I don't know where you got that I said there's no chance factually that Calsonic is will be on the Impul car. There is no reason for me to go find information on the sponsor contracts. You want to know it, go do it yourself. I said don't expect it to be on the car next year. I personally have no care if it's right or wrong but I took the information as pretty accurate. Maybe I'll find the source of the tweet so you can ask him.

Anyway, check out the render from Japanese Autosport on a Toyota Mark X gt300
C1A93diVIAAjKqh.jpg

Wha
You wrote an essay for a reply based on your opinion that I was stating a rumor as fact. Gotcha. I stated factually that the company is no longer a Nissan affiliated brand. I don't know where you got that I said there's no chance factually that Calsonic is will be on the Impul car. There is no reason for me to go find information on the sponsor contracts. You want to know it, go do it yourself. I said don't expect it to be on the car next year. I personally have no care if it's right or wrong but I took the information as pretty accurate. Maybe I'll find the source of the tweet so you can ask him.

Anyway, check out the render from Japanese Autosport on a Toyota Mark X gt300
C1A93diVIAAjKqh.jpg
What car is that based off of? :odd:

Back