2017 SUPER GT ThreadTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 281 comments
Wha

What car is that based off of? :odd:
They race that model in Super Taikyu.
images

Its like the Chaser. Cool.

So its basically Toyota's version of the HSV?
Not even close. HSV was a unique design just for Super GT GT500. The Mask X is one of Toyota's flagship luxury models.

I haven't kept up to date with all th different names of the current big body Toyotas and Lexus, but it used to be that the Toyota Chaser,
Crown, and Mark II (which became the Mark X) were all the exact same aside from the grill and various trim packages.

You wrote an essay for a reply based on your opinion that I was stating a rumor as fact. Gotcha. I stated factually that the company is no longer a Nissan affiliated brand.

Was never in question.

I don't know where you got that I said there's no chance factually that Calsonic is will be on the Impul car. There is no reason for me to go find information on the sponsor contracts. You want to know it, go do it yourself. I said don't expect it to be on the car next year. I personally have no care if it's right or wrong but I took the information as pretty accurate. Maybe I'll find the source of the tweet so you can ask him.

This was my bad, I went too far in terms of reading between the lines. I think the "next year" bit is what I had the most issue with, as it implied finality. Something like, "future in question" etc, probably wouldn't have put me in 'attack' mode.

My battle for self improvement never falters, carry on!

Was never in question.

This was my bad, I went too far in terms of reading between the lines. I think the "next year" bit is what I had the most issue with, as it implied finality. Something like, "future in question" etc, probably wouldn't have put me in 'attack' mode.

My battle for self improvement never falters, carry on!
The information came from someone who seemed to be in the know. I think with the sale, it's not unreasonable to think Calsonic won't be their title sponsor. We'll see.

How the Japanese say we are making this car AWD: Subaru announces the Super GT To change "BRZ drive method" to "Subaru original one".

Full text:
Subaru / STI announced the 2017 season's motor sports activity structure in the Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 which started in Makuhari Messe, Chiba prefecture on March 13. In the Super GT 300 class, Subaru BRZ will be introduced continuously from last year, suggesting a revamp of the driving method. Subaru has introduced BRZ to GT 300 class from 12 years. Last year I used two people, Takuo Iguchi / Hideki Yamanouchi, and expanded the front size diameter of the Dunlop tire to be fitted. In such a 16-year season, the fourth race SUGO, the fifth race Fuji 3rd place finish, the 6th race Suzuka 1000km won the victory, but many races ended with no points, suffered from ranking sixth. There was no change in the position in the 17th season, and Subaru BRZ GT300 was subsequently launched with tags with R & D SPORT. Continue, under the direction of Tatsumi Eiji STI Team General Director Iguchi / Yamanouchi challenge to win the title. Tire also wears Dunlop for the third consecutive year. Subaru challenges the Super GT 300 class at BRZ in 2017 Subaru challenges the Super GT 300 class at BRZ in 2017 In addition to improving the straight speed which was a weak point with respect to the machine, in addition to improving the thermal efficiency and output efficiency of the 2-liter horizontally opposed turbocharged engine to be mounted, it is also improving the weight, aerodynamic performance, inertia It is said that we are improving the moment and so on. Also, President Yoshio Hirakawa of Fuji Heavy Industries, Ltd. / Subaru Technica International Co., Ltd., which appeared at the press conference, said, "I can not give you any details on this occasion," he added, "Subaru's proprietary drive system is newly added I will put it into the car (BRZ GT 300). " It revealed that it will challenge by changing the driving method from the rear wheel drive so far. Speaking of Subaru's proprietary drive system, a four-wheel drive scheme such as "symmetrical AWD" comes to mind, but I'm curious whether this will be put into the BRZ GT 300.

Shoooooooot. Would Nissan think about doing that for a GT300 GT-R?

Oh, and that Lc500 is just crazy. These engineers are wizards, man.

Back