2017 Total 24 hours of SpaSports Cars 

• Thread starter jontikis
  • 95 comments
I fail to understand the logic of going FCY then safety car. The dead Audi was 15 ft from a access point and in a safe place once the field was slowed down.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that being a 24 hour race, the safety car stage gives all the drivers a slight (and well needed) break. I drive a taxi and believe me, being in that seat for a long time --even with cushioning-- takes it's toll on you. Any chance to stretch the legs and lift your butt is greatly welcomed.

A shorter race would probably just have the FCY to clear the car and that's it. Edit: Unless it's IMSA in which case they have two laps with the pits closed, then two laps with it open, COMMERCIAL, then two laps circling around, COMMERCIAL, back to green just before back from COMMERCIAL.

That's Blancpain procedure. FCY, then SC. I believe if they can they'll just use an FCY.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that being a 24 hour race, the safety car stage gives all the drivers a slight (and well needed) break. I drive a taxi and believe me, being in that seat for a long time --even with cushioning-- takes it's toll on you. Any chance to stretch the legs and lift your butt is greatly welcomed.

A shorter race would probably just have the FCY to clear the car and that's it. Edit: Unless it's IMSA in which case they have two laps with the pits closed, then two laps with it open, COMMERCIAL, then two laps circling around, COMMERCIAL, back to green just before back from COMMERCIAL.
No that's not it. The race directors have no control over when Fox goes to commercial.

Last edited:
I wasn't implying that they did. If it came out that way I apologize, was just making light of the horrible FOX coverage.

What's the deal with the two 911 Cup mobile chicanes? I understand it's some form of invitational class, but only 2 entries?

I wasn't implying that they did. If it came out that way I apologize, was just making light of the horrible FOX coverage.
Oh. :lol: In that case, perfect description. :P

What's the deal with the two 911 Cup mobile chicanes? I understand it's some form of invitational class, but only 2 entries?
Last year there was a few more...and a Super Trofeo entry IIRC. Didn't go too well this year I suppose.

That Red AMG is slowly losing more and more teeth on it's grille I'm noticing, punching them out one by one.

Now we have corner workers standing on the track and Nissan pickups crossing the hot race track and only a yellow flag covering them.
Idiots 👎👎

Oh yeah, there's a Nissan in the race, the broadcast seemed to have forgotten about it :lol:

3 minute penalty for 117, that's their race over...

But my bandwidth. :ill: :scared: :lol:
Hell, I'm on a Dell Latitude D505 that I had to upgrade the half gig of RAM to the max 2GB it can handle. And it's still on the last version of Windows before they did the major UI overall. I can't watch videos on here and it's really only good for internet browsing and music storage along with my 1TB external HD. Bandwidth? Ha... don't tell me about bandwidth... :banghead: :cheers:

How long is a driver stint maximum?

Edit: Thanks Race Director. So detailed. Why doesn't every series have that?

Was Leena Gade forced to leave her strategy-craft at Audi when she left? That's bush league level calculation errors there...

I'm running a solid 480P thru my PS3 and 4 open tabs on my laptop with 2.8 mbps DSl so unless you have AOL dialup you should be fine.:)
Well I have to mirror the display from my tablet onto this Firestick thing for the TV, and the wifi is not happy with me right now. :lol:

Wife? Kids? Either push them out of the way or take the system to another place you can use it :P

My wife went shopping with her mother so me and the kids are making full use of the Xbone and the 50" watching in full hd :lol: My oldest son is cheering for the Lambo, the youngest one wants an Audi to win, and I'm rooting for the Bentley, so there's a lot of banter going on!

My wife went shopping with her mother so me and the kids are making full use of the Xbone and the 50" watching in full hd :lol: My oldest son is cheering for the Lambo, the youngest one wants an Audi to win, and I'm rooting for the Bentley, so there's a lot of banter going on!
In a twist they're all owned by VAG so you're rooting for the same "team" sorta hehe

Back