2017 Total 24 hours of SpaSports Cars 

• Thread starter jontikis
  • 95 comments
The only onboards that are working are the #8 Bentley and #63 Lamborghini. The Lambo is in 3rd so that's gonna be good to watch, but where is the #8?

So I leave and come back to find out the other Jag blew something or another. Bugger, that really dampens the race for me.

RIP.

upload_2017-7-29_16-46-58.png

I have a question about race car headlights. Are they simply the same ones that come with the road car or do they change bulbs for something brighter? I know they add lights in places. Are there regulations for that in terms of where they can be put and how powerful they can be? Or anything like that?

#55 Ferrari out! Massive accident after contact with the #90 Mercedes

Looks like the 8th Place is out after contact with the #90 AMG that was 2nd. Ferrari wasn't able to slow down or turn up into Eau Rouge. Looked like he went into it hard, but the driver seems fine, just very angry.

He just flipped off the Mercedes. YouTube comment: He said, "You're number 1 in Italian". :lol:

He would have been in the lead or very close to it once everyone does their mandatory brake change, I can understand how frustrated he is. I think Audi might have got this in the end... Very good strategy to get the long pitstop just as the rain came, the cars on track are going slower so you effectively lose less time.

He would have been in the lead or very close to it once everyone does their mandatory brake change, I can understand how frustrated he is. I think Audi might have got this in the end...
You're right. I thought he was in the lead when they said the second place car made contact with him. Couple that when I last turned the stream off to sleep for a bit, he had the lead.

Did they ever show anything about the Barwell accident? I read the story on SC365 but saw nothing about it in the highlight package.

Didn't see anything about the wreck other than SC365 either. I checked YouTube and couldn't find the wreck there yet. The only thing I've seen other than the press release is the post from Oliver Gavin below.

Oliver Gavin
2 mins ·
We had a tough weekend at the #Spa24Hrs.
Please see the team statement below for how our race ended. My very best wishes go to Adrian for a full and speedy recovery.

Statement from Barwell Motorsport
Re Incident at Spa 24 Hours, Sunday July 30th

Unfortunately early on Sunday morning, our Lamborghini Huracan GT3, number 77, was involved in an accident at Stavelot corner during the Spa 24 Hours.
Our driver, Adrian Amstutz, sustained some non life threatening injuries in the accident, and the Spa incident and medical teams were immediately on the scene to assist him. He was taken to the circuit medical centre, where he was stabilised and treated by its medical staff, and has been transferred from there to Liege hospital. He is in a stable condition and has sustained some 2nd degree burns and a broken rib.
Barwell Motorsport’s Managing Director, Mark Lemmer, is currently with Adrian at the hospital and reports that he is talking to him and team mate, Martin Kodric, and is in good spirits.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the circuit marshals, incident team and medical team for their fantastic efforts, plus also the Race Director and all of the team at SRO for their help.
I’m sure everyone in the world of GT racing will join us in wishing Adrian a speedy recovery.

Chris Needell
Barwell Motorsport

Back