2018 Dodge Durango SRT

• Thread starter Slash
  • 57 comments
Surely the Durango wouldn't need a diesel engine over 3 and a half litres? A modern turbodiesel V6 would suffice.

Have you seen the last gen Volvos? I was behind one at night and it was blinding, I couldn't see anything for a minute after. I think it was a C30)

As for the rest of the Durango, those headlights have been ripped straight from the 2012 Ford Mustang

Really??
01-boss-302-frpp-parts.jpg

2014-dodge-durango-r-t-headlight-photo-509186-s-1280x782.jpg

other than the overall shape (which Durango had since 2011) they are NOTHING alike.

So is this the new standard for the SRT or is this still Hellcat SRT exclusive?

I really dont know, The Center Scoop is SRT Standard but the Heat Extractor vents is Hellcat. which so far as i know, the Durango is not getting the Hellcat treatment. unless this is the Grand Cherokee's hood as they are similar.

I really dont know, The Center Scoop is SRT Standard but the Heat Extractor vents is Hellcat. which so far as i know, the Durango is not getting the Hellcat treatment. unless this is the Grand Cherokee's hood as they are similar.

That's why I bring it up cause there is a history of American Manufactures just making things more simple and suddenly integrating all cars with in a certain range the same treatment. Also the only time I recall the Center Scoop not being on an SRT was 2011-14 Chargers. Then when the 2015 came out with the scoops we're now use to, they also offered the center scoop in other combos that weren't SRT. So it's quite strange cause at a time we could easily say "yeah that's the next upcoming SRT such and such", but now we can't.

Just why?

We already have this:

Dodge should spent their time and money creating a new generation Durango. It's pretty useless to have a Durango SRT when we already have the Jeep. Also, the regular Durango is pretty outdated compared to other competitors (Pilot, Explorer, Highlander), and it is due for a redesign.

Because the Grand Cherokee isn't the same thing as a Durango.

And the only one of those that is in the timezone of being a competitor to the Durango is the Explorer, which isn't any newer.

Because the Grand Cherokee isn't the same thing as a Durango.

And the only one of those that is in the timezone of being a competitor to the Durango is the Explorer, which isn't any newer.
Still, barely anyone is going to say "hey, let's take a look at that Durango SRT they got over there". Too expensive and racy for typical families, too bulky heavy for sports drivers, and since it's an SUV, the old-timers who buy new Challengers will also turn their heads. It faces the same pitfalls as the SRT Jeep does.

I like the SRT Cherokee much better. Since the Durango has three rows, it's bound to be heavier than the Jeep.

The Explorer did receive a substantial facelift two years ago, keeping it up-to-date. Almost half of the SUVs moms drive in the town I live in are new Explorers (the rest would be a mixture of Highlanders, Pilots, and Santa Fes). Not too many new Durangos near me. There must be a reason why moms choose the aforementioned SUVs over the Durango.

Last edited:
Still, barely anyone is going to say "hey, let's take a look at that Durango SRT they got over there". Too expensive and racy for typical families, too bulky heavy for sports drivers, and since it's an SUV, the old-timers who buy new Challengers will also turn their heads. It faces the same pitfalls as the SRT Jeep does.

I like the SRT Cherokee much better. Since the Durango has three rows, it's bound to be heavier than the Jeep.

The Explorer did receive a substantial facelift two years ago, keeping it up-to-date. Almost half of the SUVs moms drive in the town I live in are new Explorers (the rest would be a mixture of Highlanders, Pilots, and Santa Fes). Not too many new Durangos near me. There must be a reason why moms choose the aforementioned SUVs over the Durango.

There is an entire market that is expanding so fast GM probably wishes they had made there version worked all those years ago. It's called the Sport SUV and Super SUV categories. Jeep isn't that.

I haven't seen any Explorers, in fact I see the Pilot the most then I see a mix of GM and then I see plenty of Durangos, however most moms per say are getting Vans rather than looking for the 3rd row seat SUV. Also 70k sales for it is pretty good in a decline market where U.S. automakers are making more profits in China than they are at home...

"Hey, guys, people are buying performance, and they'll pay us more than it costs us to add more more!"

"Well, what can we add more performance to?"

"There's the Durango, we haven't done anything with it yet, and all the hard work is done because we already did it to the Grand Cherokee. Oh, and I guess we could turn the Hellcat up some more for the Challenger."

Anyone who thinks the Durango is completely outdated and non competitive has never been in or driven a Durango. It's also the only RWD SUV in it's class, and has actual towing capabilities and now TWO option V8's. Even if this means nothing to you doesn't mean these aspects aren't important to many prospective buyers. There's a market for this vehicle even alongside the Jeep. Think of all the Hellcat/392 owners who also have a family. You don't really think they'd be okay with that ass ugly generic Honda Pilot do you?

You don't really know that. I'm pretty sure there have been people who have been waiting for some time for a performance spec Durango since the last time they made one, (which was I think the Shelby one in the 90s?)

Your opinion.

I really don't see how the Durango is outdated, it still looks pretty cutting-edge compared to other SUVs, like the Tahoe.

Which would be a concern to Dodge if they were looking to sell a hundred thousand of the things every year.

They really are going to put that engine into everything they make...

They really are going to put that engine into everything they make...
Honestly I would love to work for them as they seem to be having a lot of fun over there at Dodge. But I don't want to live in Michigan because snow. :P

There's going to be so many spectacular crashes with these. Physics just aren't on this vehicle's side and knowing how FCA engineers its vehicles, it's probably just going to have the same running gear under it as the R/T.

spectacular crashes
I hate to laugh but damn I just spat out my coffee.

EDIT: I love how nobody gave a single care about the Durango since 2017 but now it's got 700 hp and we're stoked.

Back