2018 F1 Constructor development/techFormula 1 

I imagine if they sponsor the undertray, a nice big Coca Cola logo would look good as the car is hoisted on television during a yellow flag session.

-

I would so love to see a livery based on Coca Cola as the major sponsor.

Yeah totally agree, can't stand the product but as a livery reckon it would look the goods.
It’s got potential......if it’s a title sponsorship.

They’ve announced a sponsorship but I suspect if it was a Naming Rights/Title deal, it would’ve said so.
Makes me think there will be a Coca Cola logo somewhere on the car & supply deal in the hospitality suite :lol:

Ferrari update is pretty big aero wise
Dp0B5QEVsAIZ6i0.jpg

ferrari-sf71h-floor-detail-1.jpg

ferrari-sf71h-bargeboard-detai-1.jpg

We get to see new bits of carbon flying off when Vettel tries to go up the inside of the Hamster at T1 in Austin?

I imagine if they sponsor the undertray, a nice big Coca Cola logo would look good as the car is hoisted on television during a yellow flag session.

-

I would so love to see a livery based on Coca Cola as the major sponsor.
You'd think that Fanta would go better with McLaren.

I remember that bearded guy saying he wanted to enter F1 sooner than later and if it wasn't with Force India he'd find a way with someone else.

Yeah I didn't follow it the first time, but did anybody ever identify where this company came from? They showed up out of the blue with a huge checkbook to buy Force India right? But it wasn't allowed or something and now they're shifting sights to back Haas? I didn't follow it fully the first time, but they still seem odd/sketchy. Never heard of the product either.

It's just another energy drink company

Are they? One would think that if they have enough cash to sponsor an F1 team there would at least be some evidence of them actually existing that isn't published by them. Seriously, google image search "Rich Energy Can", I can't find a single image that wasn't originally posted by them. Their is also no evidence to suggest their "partnerships" are real things. Surely something as big as becoming the exclusive energy drink of 2 major hotels would generate an article or two besides the one they published?

The whole thing seems very odd and sketchy.

If their on-site shop is any indicator, Rich Energy is one of those "make a common product as pretentious as possible to draw in idiots with more money than common sense" type of things. £200+ for a couple cans of crap energy drink with a vial of gold leaf vodka in a fancy wooden box? Yeesh.

If I had to guess, they probably run on a made-to-order manufacturing schedule and live off investor/partnership money, and expect being plastered on a Formula 1 car to draw in the monocle and top hat crowd that you don't get from selling on the shelves at Tesco.

Last edited:
Are they? One would think that if they have enough cash to sponsor an F1 team there would at least be some evidence of them actually existing that isn't published by them. Seriously, google image search "Rich Energy Can", I can't find a single image that wasn't originally posted by them. Their is also no evidence to suggest their "partnerships" are real things. Surely something as big as becoming the exclusive energy drink of 2 major hotels would generate an article or two besides the one they published?

I'm with you. I smell a rat. :odd:

Indeed, they also have investments of billionaires... if it smells like a money laundering front...

A clone of Leopard Energy Drink it seems...

While it’s not uncommon in this industry, it’s a shame that Motorsport attracts so many shady companies. eyetime, the sponsor of this year’s Austrian MotoGP and F1 Grand Prix, for example.

I take it that they're not really interested in selling their products in brick and mortar stores, it's only online and like one specific corner shop brand (Nisa)? I also take it they're not really aiming to make any profit from the actual drink itself, but by some other shady means.

Up until 2016 I went from working in pubs, classy nightclubs to student nightclubs, and also a lap dance club - none of which sold this drink or ever had the option to order it.
I'm in retail at the moment, have worked for 4 different major retailers the past two years whilst moving about, I saw/still see every product coming in because it's me who puts it on the system - this drink has never been listed in any of the retailers I've worked at. Nor can we order it.

I read the "Testimonials", they're telling people to supply it in their stores... Well, maybe if Rich Energy were actually interested in supplying a product for them to sell? You want to go up against Monster and Redbull by selling online only, to particular corner shops and at some sports venue occasionally? We sell more than 1000 cans of those each per week in my store alone and it's not even one of the big stores.

A quick look at their instagram and, like some have said, they appear legitimate. But I think there's certainly outside funding being moved through them. I'm sure it's not dirty money though. It's not like the owner of Haas F1 has ever been in trouble for that sort of thing...oh wait. :rolleyes:

I read the "Testimonials", they're telling people to supply it in their stores...

On the subject of the "testimonials" someone on Reddit did some digging when they were trying to buy Force India and the only one that checked out was the sponsorship one.

Up until 2016 I went from working in pubs, classy nightclubs to student nightclubs, and also a lap dance club - none of which sold this drink or ever had the option to order it.
I'm in retail at the moment, have worked for 4 different major retailers the past two years whilst moving about, I saw/still see every product coming in because it's me who puts it on the system - this drink has never been listed in any of the retailers I've worked at. Nor can we order it.

Does their pricing seem normal? I obviously have no clue what energy drinks go for across the pond, but I'd imagine most sell for more than the £.83 they are asking. :odd:

On the subject of the "testimonials" someone on Reddit did some digging when they were trying to buy Force India and the only one that checked out was the sponsorship one.

Does their pricing seem normal? I obviously have no clue what energy drinks go for across the pond, but I'd imagine most sell for more than the £.83 they are asking. :odd:

Monster usually goes for £0.90 to £1.50 - Ultra and Absolute Zero usually get pinned at the £1.00 mark and this is the general rule for all of the more popular drinks.

Red Bull will set you back about £1.50 for a slim can, but all of the no-name drinks such as Boost go for the same price as a can of Rich.

I would therefore come to the conclusion that Rich might be awful. I also dislike that they only sell to consumers and only on their website.

All-in-all, Haas has got some funny dealings ahead.

Monster usually goes for £0.90 to £1.50 - Ultra and Absolute Zero usually get pinned at the £1.00 mark and this is the general rule for all of the more popular drinks.

Red Bull will set you back about £1.50 for a slim can, but all of the no-name drinks such as Boost go for the same price as a can of Rich.

I would therefore come to the conclusion that Rich might be awful. I also dislike that they only sell to consumers and only on their website.

All-in-all, Haas has got some funny dealings ahead.
I mean, if they have money they have money.

Haas, like most businesses that need large amounts of money don’t worry about who’s offering it or where it’s coming from.

I mean, if they have money they have money.

Haas, like most businesses that need large amounts of money don’t worry about who’s offering it or where it’s coming from.
In the event that they have money, it's all fine. However, their use of the market at large seems incredibly suspect to me. In my opinion, the side of a Haas machine is infinitely less valuable a place to put your logo than the shelves of Sainsbury's.

Case in point - I was still buying loads of Monster before they started sponsoring Mercedes, purely because they had the sense to sell their drinks in shops.

In the event that they have money, it's all fine. However, their use of the market at large seems incredibly suspect to me. In my opinion, the side of a Haas machine is infinitely less valuable a place to put your logo than the shelves of Sainsbury's.

Case in point - I was still buying loads of Monster before they started sponsoring Mercedes, purely because they had the sense to sell their drinks in shops.
Like I said before in this thread, Rich Energy seems more like a money laundering front, rather than an actual drinks company.

Like I said before in this thread, Rich Energy seems more like a money laundering front, rather than an actual drinks company.

They certainly have value somewhere, it's hard to tell where in the network it's actually parked. Haas claim that they were satisfied with the outcome of their due diligence and one has to presume that their lawyers have access to better data than we do.

Certainly a weird one though.

Back