2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
Germany has a really poor defence atm. It's a shock to see them face going home but they deserve it.

Löw needs to go, simple as that. You can blame it on the players as much as you want, there's a fundamental defecit in the way we play, and that'll only change with a different coach. I reckon we're going home with 0 points and 0 goals!
The argument, that we've lost key players was certainly still true when we played the Euro Cup, but not any longer. Too little change in the line up, keeping some of the best and most valueable players (for change) at home, no wonder it isn't working out.

But I hope this is the necessary wake up call, and "Jogi" takes his hat after the World Cup.

Brilliant goal by Sweden - and Neuer has the sheer audacity to claim it was a handball... what an arsehole.

It was an own goal but nobody has noticed and nobody cares either of course because it's still a goal.

It should have also been a penalty but there is zero chance it's getting given when it also means a red card because it seems in this World Cup the refs have clearly been told to avoid issuing reds if they can, so VAR giving one is even less likely. I wish they'd just enforce the rules though, it's not hard.

Hopefully Sweden hold out for a draw and then in the final game against Mexico both teams just knock the ball back and forth to each other and Germany go out even though they hammer South Korea :lol:

As it stands the penalty the refs and the VAR ignored would put Germany out of the WC.

And now Germany are down to 10 - with the person who didn't concede the penalty that never happened given a second yellow...

Germany played the super secret finishing move... and it worked! Man they were lucky.

They did have a lot of bad luck throughout the game though. They could easily have scored five goals or more. So maybe it was their turn now :P

Incredible. Now Mexico should be careful vs Sweden and South Korea still have a chance of advancing.

Very good 2nd half by us! Continued to push and finally showed some will to win the game. The free kick was an absolute peach and I'm happy, that we were able to secure the win. However now we need another win in order to advance, I don't think we're able to count on Mexico to give us any slack or they desperately want to be 1st in the group. Either way, if we're able to utilize the drive we had in the 2nd half, Korea shouldn't be too much of an issue, and we potentially save ourselves into the next round.

If Mexico beats Sweden and South Korea rolls up Germany with enough goals, South Korea also has 3 points but a better goal difference.

Oh sure. But I don't believe SK can win against Germany.

Oh sure. But I don't believe SK can win against Germany.

Well, that doesn't matter. South Korea is still in the game. And seeing how this WC is going, I am not surprised if they destroy Germany with a enough goals.

edit.

To add. If there ever was a chance for Portugal, or more precisely Ronaldo, to become world champion, it's this tournament. They just need to be careful of Belgium.

Well, that doesn't matter. South Korea is still in the game. And seeing how this WC is going, I am not surprised if they destroy Germany with a enough goals.

OK, there's very remote chance for them. They lost against Sweden and Mexico, I don't believe they will be able to win against a German team who needs to win.

Germany lost agaisnt Mexico but the pressure was not the same and the team was very different.

Back