2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
So apparently some Football tournament starts tomorrow....

Thursday
Russia v Saudi Arabia (A 4pm)

Friday
Egypt v Uruguay (A 1pm)
Morocco v Iran (B 4pm)
Portugal v Spain (B 7pm)

Saturday
France v Australia (C 11am)
Argentina v Iceland (D 2pm)
Peru v Denmark (C 5pm)
Croatia v Nigeria (D 8pm)

Sunday
Costa Rica v Serbia (E 1pm)
Germany v Mexico (F 4pm)
Brazil v Switzerland (E 7pm)

All kick-off times are GMT.

Ill post the games for next week on Sunday.

Yes, there really is four games on Saturday!

All this mess over the Spain stuff and they've got Portugal in two days!

I guess they came to the conclusion that the only way Canada or Mexico could ever host a World Cup was if they combined with the US.

I don't buy it. Canada maybe but this will be the third time Mexico has hosted the World Cup; they did so in 1970 and 1986.

It just seems a way of milking three cows instead of one.

We did the office sweepstake today. There's not that many of us so we get 2 teams each. I got Brazil and England. Not too shabby, although it'll stick in my craw to have to cheer on England...

We did the office sweepstake today. There's not that many of us so we get 2 teams each. I got Brazil and England. Not too shabby, although it'll stick in my craw to have to cheer on England...
I start a new job next week. That's 2 sweepstakes I can't participate in haha.

I'm currently about 6 months into not working at the moment as technically I'm a carer for my partner. I do have a job interview today between 3-4 so unless they haven't done theirs and I got offered it immediately I won't be doing one this year. First time since I was 16. Actually feels a bit weird to not have a random team to cheer on.

I've just been asked by a couple of English colleagues if I know of any good places to watch England's World Cup games... I said 'England'.

I reckon there are one or two pubs that would be fine for watching England games, though inevitably there is always the ABE crowd to contend with too.

ITV's World Cup 'Czar' style studio mixed with a fire and lava theme is a bit much! :lol: The fact it's CGI also makes it look kinda bizarre.

Dfp88J-W4AUV0mU

Belter of a header, interested to see VAR not consulted for a potential push on the defender!

The more you swear at the Russian football team and joke about them, the better they perform. :D
Good result, but it's not like the opponent was very strong, so they shouldn't get cocky anyway. Let's see what happens next.

Congrats @Liquid and other Russian GTPers!!
But he's not Russian... ;)

Last two goals were beauties!

They have been slated by the Russian press in the last few days so they needed this win.

Somehow, by a fluke, the hosts get the easiest possible first match (along with the second easiest other two games), and win it.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you. Shocked.

Back