2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
Vamos Latinoamerica!!!!

Kind of expected from Uruguay, since in the qualifiers as well they didn't went full speed there. Also, Salah had to enter to give Egypt the push they needed

Something tells me Salah wasn't even fit enough to come on as a substitute, but they hoped "wasting" a spot on the bench for him would give the players on the pitch the motivational push they needed. The fact he could come on at any time, but management and Salah himself knowing he wasn't.

Probably a random shot in the dark there, but I just don't know where the thinking comes from to leave him on that bench with the game so delicately poised as it was for so long.

If he could have played, he would have been out there with 15-20 minutes left. Unlikely we see him at all now.

I'm back in South Wales visiting family for the weekend, just checked into my hotel room and turned the TV on in time to see Uruguay's winner!

Something tells me Salah wasn't even fit enough to come on as a substitute, but they hoped "wasting" a spot on the bench for him would give the players on the pitch the motivational push they needed. The fact he could come on at any time, but management and Salah himself knowing he wasn't.
They have a 23 man squad. Obviously, 11 play. The remaining 12 sit on the subs bench, and any of them can be chosen to come on as a sub. They're not wasting anything.

Thanks for clarification @daan - I thought they had a subs bench of 7 like regular games. Makes even more sense then that he was definitely not fit enough for even a guest appearance today. 2 games left (at least, or at most?) and hopefully he can actually feature in 1 of those. I now doubt it though, the games comes quickly...

Morocco 0-0 Iran so far, second half just started, only highlight really is a quite brilliant goalmouth scramble.

I still wonder how can VAR still allow such goals. Still, more goals in one half than in the two previous games combined.

Ronaldo didn't have any effect on play until he was onside. There's no way they could remove that goal.

Latest Posts

Back