2018 Grand Prix Heineken du CanadaFormula 1 

Hartley got smashed into the wall by Stroll on lap 1 and Hamilton got jumped in the pits by Ricciardo, I don't even remember seeing a pass in the race.
Lewis’s engine or a part connected to it failed/partly failed which forced him to stop well too early and then left him with less power for the rest of the race.

I think if he hadn’t have had the issue he had the race pace for a podium.

Gutted for Hartley, he had a good quali session... only for Stroll to smash him off into a wall.
Have to say, that was twice this weekend when he got a puncture but kept it nailed to the floor. First time he got away with it due to it being on a straight...

Breaking news: The guy who dominated thinks everything’s fine.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...l-annoyed-short-sighted-critics-dull-f1-races

Vettel is perhaps the least helpful driver in terms of his ‘state of f1’ he never see’s any problems while he’s doing ok, but soon as he gets a bad result or is unlucky, the sport needs to do something.
Similar to his VSC/SC comments earlia on in the season.

Lewis’s engine or a part connected to it failed/partly failed which forced him to stop well too early and then left him with less power for the rest of the race.

He had a cooling issue that forced him to stop early and it got fixed during the first stop. He had no further issues after that. There was a radio message about it.

Breaking news: The guy who dominated thinks everything’s fine.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...l-annoyed-short-sighted-critics-dull-f1-races
Seems like it's summer already:
127618110033.jpg

They could've waved the girl around, she pretty much passed for a chequered flag herself.

I'm going to hell for this...
True story BRO. :cheers::P

He had a cooling issue that forced him to stop early and it got fixed during the first stop. He had no further issues after that. There was a radio message about it.

Nope

"There were lots of hesitations, engine dropping in power, so I thought the engine was going to blow.

"We don't have a problem with cooling, we just had something fail that sent temperatures up.

"It was an unforeseen issue and that was losing us power. We were operating far below our power target.

"The whole race, 70 laps, I thought the engine was going to blow up. It's gone a long way [on mileage this season].

"I was conflicted at the end because I wanted to push to get that next position but if the engine goes in the last couple of laps... the second to last lap I had some big dips in power.

"It was like, 'please, just one more lap to go'."

They could've waved the girl around, she pretty much passed for a chequered flag herself.

I'm going to hell for this...
Not gonna lie, wanted to post something like this, but it might've sounded a bit more, well, intolerant, to say the least. :D

I was looking at his top speed when he was drafting Ricciardo in the DRS zone, he wasn't going above 315. I'd have thought he'd be breaking at least 320 if he didn't have issues. Did anyone see what speed others were getting with DRS?

Edit: Scrolled through a Youtube upload, and half way through the race there's an onboard shot of Perez with telemetry, and he easily hit 335 more than once.
Once at 57m 29s, again at 1h 13m 38s. Best I saw of Lewis's top speed is at 1h 22m 57s.

Last edited:
I was looking at his top speed when he was drafting Ricciardo in the DRS zone, he wasn't going above 315. I'd have thought he'd be breaking at least 320 if he didn't have issues. Did anyone see what speed others were getting with DRS?

Edit: Scrolled through a Youtube upload, and half way through the race there's an onboard shot of Perez with telemetry, and he easily hit 335 more than once.
Once at 57m 29s, again at 1h 13m 38s. Best I saw of Lewis's top speed is at 1h 22m 57s.

Wrong car, it's Bottas in the sister Mercedes. Perez is in a Force India (different chassis/aero) and was fastest of any other car by quite some margin in the trap.

Hamilton's car was seemingly faster than that of Bottas at the three sector points but about 2km/h slower in the speed trap. Source, so you don't need dodgy on board graphics :)

adb
Not gonna lie, wanted to post something like this, but it might've sounded a bit more, well, intolerant, to say the least. :D

It could also be taken the wrong way due to a disease from birth that changes the color of her pigment and gives her patches. She is a supermodel so the reason she was there can easily be guessed.

I rather let the season finish to make that statement. Because a driver is only as good as their last race, especially if it's one with a polarizing opinion on them.
Wow. Vertappen keeps it clean for one race weekend & all is forgiven. What a form guide.

The great Marko has spoken so all must be correct in the world :rolleyes:

Indeed very opportunistic. First some consistency with good and clean racing results over a longer period.
At least we have something to talk, discuss, debate about ;)

In general: you love him or hate him, but isn't Max the most debated F1 driver of the last decade?

Not sure... Lewis had a lot of debate about him and his lifestyle, which for some reason is contentious for certain people...

Especially thinking back to 2011... I mean Lewis was kind of a more extreme version of Max. As a rookie he instantly turned up and then matched his raining double world champion team mate, winning the title the following year. McLaren then had a poor season and then Lewis imploded in 2011.

Edit: I don’t love or hate Max. He’s a great driver but he’s got some work to do to really unlock his potential

Back