2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
Welp, there goes any idea of Ty Dillon being in the seat.

Can you feel the love, grandson? :lol:
Ty has a guaranteed ride with the 13 team. They have their own sponsor, and a "technical alliance" with RCR.

Ty has a guaranteed ride with the 13 team. They have their own sponsor, and a "technical alliance" with RCR.

I know, just making a joke on the apparent idea that Ty is the least favorite grandson. I am amused at the thought of Brenden Poole (Guy who looks like he just walked straight out of an awful 80's TV show) being the candidate.

Since Lukewarm Mayonnaise personified has been moved out of the 24, I can finally go back to rooting for a driver week to week, Byron running the Red flamed Blue Axalta #24 is just an added bonus

Still having doubts on FCA coming in anytime soon though. The two Dodge cars they could enter, the Challenger and Charger, are both ancient by automotive standards and their planned major updates are apparently pushed back until 2021. I can't see them wanting to come back into the top level until they have a fresh product to showcase. I could possibly see them taking the route Toyota did and returning into the truck series first to get re-established though, especially since trucks are the most profitable thing in North America right now and Ram is one of their highest-profile names.
So RCR to Dodge...in 2021. Somehow it actually makes sense

Since Lukewarm Mayonnaise personified has been moved out of the 24, I can finally go back to rooting for a driver week to week, Byron running the Red flamed Blue Axalta #24 is just an added bonus

Psst, its just a number change. No drivers have actually moved teams.

Oh and hey, you. Welcome.

So RCR to Dodge...in 2021. Somehow it actually makes sense
Alternate Dimension, 2021: Ferrari follows through on their threat to leave Formula 1, builds a V8 sedan in North America, and joins NASCAR with RCR as its flagship team. Sergio Marchionne releases a statement that simply says, "I hope this breaks the Internet".

That said, if RCR ever does change manufacturers it's gonna be fun watching the few aging rednecks left going into hysterics over seeing the Earnhardt 3 on a non-Chevy.

That said, if RCR ever does change manufacturers it's gonna be fun watching the few aging rednecks left going into hysterics over seeing the Earnhardt 3 on a non-Chevy.

I’ve always found it funny how many supposedly diehard NASCAR fans completely forget that Dale drove a Ford early in his career.

50a6b9cfdd8834804f64514ab183d0fe--wrangler-jeans-wrangler-car.jpg

True, but that wasn't between the years of 1996 and 2000 which, according to the Internet's highly selective memory, is The Only Time NASCAR Was Good™.

I miss real racers like *insert past NASCAR driver's name(s)* not these pretty boys drivin' 4 banger cars that don't have pushrods and overhead valves from the factory. Pull the roll cages and safety stuff out and let men be men like the good ol days!

I miss real racers like *insert past NASCAR driver's name(s)* not these pretty boys drivin' 4 banger cars that don't have pushrods and overhead valves from the factory. Pull the roll cages and safety stuff out and let men be men like the good ol days!

And no more foreign cars (even if technically they are the only car made in the US)!

And no more foreign cars (even if technically they are the only car made in the US)!
Sort of on this subject, we still have yet to hear about what Ford is doing for next year. The Fusion's production is done entirely in Mexico starting in 2018, which makes it ineligible for use in NASCAR since the car has to be built in a US manufacturing plant (they were building extras in Flat Rock, MI up until the 2017 model year).

Normally this means they have to bring in a new car, and we'd expect the Mustang since it's already used in Xfinity. But given the "ehh, we haven't decided yet" response given at a recent press conference, and the previous announcement that Ford plans to move away from road cars to concentrate on making living rooms on wheels SUV's and trucks, which don't need a motorsports presence to make sales, it kinda makes me wonder if they're going to try and lever NASCAR for a one-year extension on the Fusion while they fully decide on what to do next, or maybe if they want to start winding down their NASCAR presence.

Granted, Ford could just be acting coy until they have all the details for the Mustang finalized and want it to be a "surprise" announcement. But all that plus their pulling out of rallycross, which is incredibly popular right now, triggered my inner conspiracy theorist. :P

Sort of on this subject, we still have yet to hear about what Ford is doing for next year. The Fusion's production is done entirely in Mexico starting in 2018, which makes it ineligible for use in NASCAR since the car has to be built in a US manufacturing plant (they were building extras in Flat Rock, MI up until the 2017 model year).

Normally this means they have to bring in a new car, and we'd expect the Mustang since it's already used in Xfinity. But given the "ehh, we haven't decided yet" response given at a recent press conference, and the previous announcement that Ford plans to move away from road cars to concentrate on making living rooms on wheels SUV's and trucks, which don't need a motorsports presence to make sales, it kinda makes me wonder if they're going to try and lever NASCAR for a one-year extension on the Fusion while they fully decide on what to do next, or maybe if they want to start winding down their NASCAR presence.

Granted, Ford could just be acting coy until they have all the details for the Mustang finalized and want it to be a "surprise" announcement. But all that plus their pulling out of rallycross, which is incredibly popular right now, triggered my inner conspiracy theorist. :P
I think they are patiently waiting on Brad Keselowski to design the unbeatable flagship supercar for their sedan lineup.

The Fusion's production is done entirely in Mexico starting in 2018, which makes it ineligible for use in NASCAR since the car has to be built in a US manufacturing plant (they were building extras in Flat Rock, MI up until the 2017 model year).

I didn't know Australia was part of America...
131129852.jpg

131129852.jpg
I'm trying to find exactly where, but I've read that GM got by on a technicality by doing the last bits of the SS's(ssss) rebadging work in America to have it count as "final assembly", which I guess is enough by NASCAR's standards.

To be honest, if I'm wrong and it turns out NASCAR just flushed that part of the requirements entirely at some point, it wouldn't surprise me either.

Alternate Dimension, 2021: Ferrari follows through on their threat to leave Formula 1, builds a V8 sedan in North America, and joins NASCAR with RCR as its flagship team. Sergio Marchionne releases a statement that simply says, "I hope this breaks the Internet".

Actualy I'm hoping the number goes back into the vault should this deal go through. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near social media if RCR went to the Italians

Short course truck and early monster truck racing called. Watching trucks beating up on each other (Literally, look it up) is literally the best place to sell modern trucks, but unlike most "big" Motorsports, we can't get no satisfaction.
131129852.jpg
I dunno why, but I nearly busted out laughing as I read this. Bravo, good sir.
I'm trying to find exactly where, but I've read that GM got by on a technicality by doing the last bits of the SS's(ssss) rebadging work in America to have it count as "final assembly", which I guess is enough by NASCAR's standards.

To be honest, if I'm wrong and it turns out NASCAR just flushed that part of the requirements entirely at some point, it wouldn't surprise me either.
I'm pretty sure it's basically moot at this point. only the most redneckiest NASCAR fan at this point cares about this stuff and as you can see, they royally screw it up.

P.S. The Camry, and most of Toyota USA, are so American at this point, the only thing remotely Japanese in their entire lineup anymore is the 86, which btw, SHOULD be running Xfinity.

What die hard fans forgot? None around here I suspect.
Check Facebook or Twitter. Plenty of those whose logic is basically Earnhardt=lifelong Chevy driver. Admittedly no merchandise has ever been produced for that Thunderbird but still, Facebook diehards should know better

Check Facebook or Twitter. Plenty of those whose logic is basically Earnhardt=lifelong Chevy driver. Admittedly no merchandise has ever been produced for that Thunderbird but still, Facebook diehards should know better

Eh wouldn't consider them diehard, typical people that pretend to be. However, any fan that enjoys NASCAR and the history knows two things that normal people consider myth or yet gained knowledge: Earnhardt didn't always drive a Chevy, and Petty didn't always drive a Dodge.

Eh wouldn't consider them diehard, typical people that pretend to be. However, any fan that enjoys NASCAR and the history knows two things that normal people consider myth or yet gained knowledge: Earnhardt didn't always drive a Chevy, and Petty didn't always drive a Dodge.
Petty has driven, and won, in everything but a Toyota.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/TheNASCARBrain/richard-pettys-wins-by-car-manufacturer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Petty#Grand_National_Series

Back