2018 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 1,284 comments
That race yesterday was a snoozefest. They clearly didn’t think about passing opportunities when they put together this layout. It was all about the spectacle, not about the actual, you know, racing. Whoever gets out front on the last restart will win. It also doesn’t help that the drivers are too scared to race hard out of fear of spinning and losing points.

The coverage yesterday was awful as well, even worse than the standalone Xfinity races, made the race seem even more boring since they just showed people driving around by themselves all day.

And of course, stages make absolutely zero sense at road courses and I hope they do something about that soon.

There’s already been a pass for the lead under green in this race so it has that over the race yesterday (no, Cindric spinning himself out doesn’t count)

How is it that with all the sponsorship issues the series is having, they can still find companies willing to do stupid crap like getting naming rights to a corner? :confused:

Race has been ok so far, I'm just happy to see them add a 3rd road course even if it is an infield course.

How is it that with all the sponsorship issues the series is having, they can still find companies willing to do stupid crap like getting naming rights to a corner? :confused:
I would imagine that's a deal arranged with the track directly, not with NASCAR.

So many crashes as I expected. Granted I'm still happy to see road racing and I hope they do more with this but IDK if it's just the way the cars handle or something but they are all over the place.

So many crashes as I expected. Granted I'm still happy to see road racing and I hope they do more with this but IDK if it's just the way the cars handle or something but they are all over the place.

As it should be. That’s what separates NASCAR from something like Aussie V8s. The cars are supposed to be hard to drive, especially on road courses.

Hence why Larson has been dominant most of the day. And it’s all the same drivers at the front of the field you see at the other “driver” tracks like Darlington, Bristol, and Martinsville.

Drivers were saying before the race that the infield section was really slick.
I think I read somewhere that Charlotte was considering coating the infield with PJ1, but decided against it.

Have a PERFECT view of turn one from my seat. I also have a video of the accident, but probably can't post it because of the amount of swearing from EVERYONE around us when they hit the wall. It looked like Brad forgot that they run faster from the restart zone than they did when they use the chicane. I'm sure he was driving harder from his mirror than his windshield, and just missed his mark on his brake point.

Have a PERFECT view of turn one from my seat. I also have a video of the accident, but probably can't post it because of the amount of swearing from EVERYONE around us when they hit the wall. It looked like Brad forgot that they run faster from the restart zone than they did when they use the chicane. I'm sure he was driving harder from his mirror than his windshield, and just missed his mark on his brake point.

Upload to youtube and give us link with swear warning!

Back