2018 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 561 comments
Not watching it now, so I don't care.

This is where I'm at too. The SB is now tainted because of the results of the NFC championship game, and for that reason I'm out. I'll find something else to do that Sunday. And depending on the outcome of whatever fix (if any) may be coming, I may not watch any NFL next year either. I'll just stick with college and free up my Sundays.

Me either.

I had picked the Saints to win the whole thing at the beginning of the year, They finished with the best record in the NFL, had arguably the most balanced team in the NFL and were about to score the winning touchdown in the NFL championship game when Robey-Coleman blew up the receiver because he got beat (badly) and was late . I watched with the anticipation of what would come next, or wouldn't come in this case, a Yellow flag. You could sense the direction this game was going, there were a lot of questionable calls in the second half against the Saints. The officials did everything they could to keep the Rams in the game before they cheated them out of the win at the end of it. It's a sad result for the game and it's fans because it draws into question the integrity of the game (Tuck Rule, here we are again) and I think the NFL will suffer for it. There is a lot of really angry fans over this and I don't think it will blow over that easily this time as it has in the past because people are getting tire of the NFL's crap and heavy handed officiating determining the outcome of games.

Yes. Absolutely. I heard Jeff Reinebold say this on Sky yesterday. If they really want to promote safety and penalise challenges like those, they should take measures to ensure that it would at least be challengeable. Even if the Steelers PI call in their game vs the Saints would be corrected.

This is the NFL's PR plan for handling these infamous incidences:

Step One- Admit fault to the egregious call/no-call/ officiating error "we got that wrong guys, sorry about that"

Step Two- Leak possible solutions to fix the problem, officiating errors

Step Three- wait until the hysteria dies down, then do nothing.

So yeah, I'm not hopeful any useful solution is going to come out of this and if by draft day there is nothing, then I may just have to move on from the NFL as sad as that is to say.

I’m just going to let that one stand on it’s own. :lol:

There's about 26 QBs in the Hall of Fame, and there'll probably be a bunch more in the next ten years or so.

There can only be 10 or 15 in the top 10 or 15 all-time...

I mean I think Tony Romo has a legitimate Hall of Fame case, does that mean he's an all-time great? Or just good? Romo was good but he's definitely not an all-time great.

This might be the worst Pats team I've ever seen getting to the postseason. I highly doubt they'll get there...

This aged poorly.

My bold prediction:

The Bears are taking it.

And this aged even worse.

Maybe by means of reverse jinxing, I can get something right for once:

6th Ring is coming for the Evil Empire. God help us all.

I been thinking about this match coming up this Sunday. It's almost like "pick your poison." Many people are sick and tired of seeing the New England Patriots keep winning championships (so beat them, already!). A number of others feel the Los Angeles Rams cheated their way into the Super Bowl on that controversial Pass Interference call in the NFC Championship game. So it's like this- can the "underdog" Patriots defeat the Rams (who most feel shouldn't be in Super Bowl LIII), or will the Rams prove they are totally awesome as they were a favorite to make the Super Bowl anyways?

On these fronts, it's almost like not many people will be proud of whomever wins Super Bowl LIII. I'm with a lot of other people- Super Bowl LIII might have been that epic offensive shootout between the Chiefs at Rams on Monday Night Football earlier this season. So I am not really as intrigued about the matchup. I will still watch the game.

I've seen just about every Super Bowl since seeing my first Super Bowl when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers took on the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII. The latest Super Bowl will still be something to watch regardless of which team hoists the Lombardi Trophy into the air.

Did anyone watch the Pro Bowl by chance? I didn't bother to watch and only cared to look at the school when the game was over.
Watched it. Wasn't particularly brilliant, even by pro bowl standards. Poor weather, poor attendance, poor atmosphere. Some of the plays were inventive and fun, but it was mostly an exhibition into how boring American football can be. I believe the NFL YouTube channel has the highlights.

The Pro Bowl is pretty boring in the midst of these playoff games, I think it should be held after the season or something.

74284258-F8BB-4C4D-9A86-1E303E16EFF6.jpeg

Can’t argue with facts :lol:

Remember a fellow named Julius Peppers? Well, he's hanging it up. So wish Julius Peppers well in his retirement after... 17 or so seasons and now age 39.

Remember a fellow named Julius Peppers? Well, he's hanging it up. So wish Julius Peppers well in his retirement after... 17 or so seasons and now age 39.
Another D-line monster retires. Even up to last year I believe he was still a solid contributor to whatever team he was on.

One. Last. Final. Game.

We all waited for this day to come. We all wondered which two of the NFL's 32 teams will have the chance to play for the championship. We all wanted to know who will have the opportunity to hoist the Lombardi Trophy and be declared the champions. Ladies and gentlemen... it's here- Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, Georgia. Los Angeles Rams. New England Patriots. Ready to rock one last time this 2018 season.

Good luck to both teams, and congratulations to the eventual champion.

It's currently 5.40pm here in the UK and I'm seriously considering going to bed for a bit so I can stay up for the Super Bowl, which runs from midnight to around 4am... at least for the first time in my adult life I don't have to worry about going to work in the morning... :D :cheers:

My first superbowl. I've finished school, so for once, I can watch the game. Starts at like 10am local time, so I'm pumped!

Last edited:
I'm watching with my dad's side of the family. There's one thing I can't get over...why are the Rams' blues mis-matched? It's strange to me seeing them in flat yellow, but the blue hues are bugging me a lot.

Can we just appreciate the fact that neither team has scored yet. Like, we have arguably the two best play-action quarterbacks, two solid running sides and yet no score. It's not like either defense has been spectacular either...

Can we just appreciate the fact that neither team has scored yet. Like, we have arguably the two best play-action quarterbacks, two solid running sides and yet no score. It's not like either defense has been spectacular either...
Well thats something

Back