2018 United States Grand PrixFormula 1 

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Lewis Hamilton's on the verge of his 5th world title. The "fight for five" as it was dubbed has been very one way in recent races with Ferrari's strategy failings and driver mistakes, creating a lot of paddock talk and memes. Hamilton always goes well at COTA so it wouldn't be wise betting against him but as we all know, anything can happen in sport. This should be good.

2013-motogp-the-first-circuit-of-the-americas-impressions_1-1024x768.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length

5.513km

Race Distance

308.405 km

Lap Record

1:37.766 Sebastian Vettel (2017)

Those crazy guys over there with their bizarre American-English, like with "I'm going to the Restroom". :sly:
That's not American-English. That's just ignorance. :lol:
And what would a restroom be called? I don't call them bathrooms unless they have a tub or a shower.

The toilet is a thing in the room, not the room itself. You might say "I'm going to the toilet" if you are going to use it, but you wouldn't say "I'm going to the toilet to wash my hands." At least not anyone I've ever been around. I'm not sure water closet or any other name makes any more sense than restroom, as long as people know what your talking about.

And it doesn't matter where you're from... it's still "brake."

Another track record to be set this time around? Seems to be the trend, especially this year. We'll see if quali is wet or not. If it isn't, I'd be surprised if someone didn't break the record laptime.

Vettel is looking down the barrel of a three place grid penalty after the stewards found he "failed to slow sufficiently for a red flag". The wheels are pretty much off his campaign now, but he didn't need that.

EDIT: Confirmed. Three place penalty.

Last edited:
Last 15 minutes of FP2 was quite amusing. HAM, GAS & VER the raindancers. Ferrari p9/p10 could not follow the pace. Hopefully for them with a good explanation?

That's not American-English. That's just ignorance. :lol:
And what would a restroom be called? I don't call them bathrooms unless they have a tub or a shower.

Bog or Khazi, the place where Vettel's championship is.

Seb's on fire this year, he's improving with every weekend. He didn't even need to reach Saturday or Sunday to add another nail to the coffin this time. Maybe next weekend he'll achieve this during Thursday Press conference.

Rules are rules.

Quite... but there's an interesting nuance to this one. It seems that many teams feel the punishment was right on precedent but wrong in mechanics - Vettel was right at the end of a sector and so didn't really have the two legislated sectors to slow down in. From his onboard I think he did slow down enough (albeit obviously not in the sector distance prescribed in the rules) and it seems I'm not the only one.

The punishment is correct and the judgement is correct, but the way the judgement is made needs to be looked at for the future.

So...no idea which channel to watch to try and catch quali. Currently, both ESPN and ESPN2 on my TV guide menu say College Football....I did see a Spanish channel that wasn't Telemundo list it, but my upstairs TV with the more limited cable box doesn't get it! Maybe the main family TV will have an extra channel the upstairs one is missing. I don't mind watching in Spanish actually, if necessary :lol:.

Anyone have an idea why neither of the ESPN channels don't have it listed? I know they tend to switch around broadcasts without warning, so maybe quali will still show?

Back