2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
Upcoming interview:
4A2836A8-DA00-458F-B4BB-F5FB18473B45.jpeg

Few nagging issues with some ZBs. We'll see how they go in the heat.
Those SuperUtes are so boring they spread way to easily then cant catch each other back up!
They seriously need to downgrade to 18s and slicks.

To answer your question from yesterday, @05XR8, the SuperUtes aren’t anything to write home about sound wise. Almost like your standard SUV, only a bit louder.

Few nagging issues with some ZBs. We'll see how they go in the heat.

Interesting what Skaife was saying about WAU running a higher front ride height, to avoid damaging the splitter too much, just because of the lack of spare parts available at the moment. Assume all of the other Holden teams are in the same postion?

Interesting what Skaife was saying about WAU running a higher front ride height, to avoid damaging the splitter too much, just because of the lack of spare parts available at the moment. Assume all of the other Holden teams are in the same postion?
So, All the Fords and Nissans have to do are, brake check the ZBs and they all come last because no parts available.

To answer your question from yesterday, @05XR8, the SuperUtes aren’t anything to write home about sound wise. Almost like your standard SUV, only a bit louder.
Got ya.

Agree about those S2 Nissans. Looking real good.

Would be one of all time great efforts, if Tickford can fix Waters' car in time qualy.
So, All the Fords and Nissans have to do are, brake check the ZBs and they all come last because no parts available.

Pretty much. :lol:

There were some posts on facebook earlier that said T8 brought a whole truck full of spare parts for the weekend.
Correct!..... for them :lol: Imagine? RD: "Oh, you thought that was for thiiis weekend? No, no. The text was a mistake. I spelled 'Melbourne GP' wrong.". :mischievous:

There were some posts on facebook earlier that said T8 brought a whole truck full of spare parts for the weekend.

Yeah, that was on Speedcafe a few days ago too. Would be interesting to know exactly how much that truck contains because spread across 14 cars, one truck load sort of sounds like it wouldn't go far.

Frosty saying, "Hi" to the wall at Turn 8.

WAU looking good. Aww, boo. Red flag when Mostert was purple in all sectors.

Figures, there is no selecting the stream quality on SuperView, it's pretty much full HD all the time. Unfortunately my crap internet is having problems. For $80 a month it's just terrible. Worst part is that my apartment complex has a contract with them and I cannot switch to anything else. 👎

That's not cool.

Simona hanging in the top 20. Hopefully she can stay there or get closer to R.Kelly.

WOW! Whincup into the wall. Done.

Only in S2 though. Why is that?
I'm convinced it's engineers. Sure, the S2 cars have been around awhile and have the "basic" shocks. May also be the consistent tyre. If that hasn't changed, MWM have a wealth of data.

As discussed here many times, had Nissan grabbed GRM, BJR or T8, we'd be calling the Altima, "Bride of Godzilla".

I'm convinced it's engineers. Sure, the S2 cars have been around awhile and have the "basic" shocks. May also be the consistent tyre. If that hasn't changed, MWM have a wealth of data.

As discussed here many times, had Nissan grabbed GRM, BJR or T8, we'd be calling the Altima, "Bride of Godzilla".
Well the S2 guys don't have anything the big boys didn't already have in the past.

I just can't believe it's a human factor otherwise, the genius would be poached by the Kelly gang.

Leads me to believe it's component thing. Whatever it is, the Nissan don't like it.

Could T8/Whincup or DJRTP/Scotty unlock its secrets, start winning races on a consistent basis & challenge for the title? That's the $64 million question & wouldn't we love to know.

Well the S2 guys don't have anything the big boys didn't already have in the past.

I just can't believe it's a human factor otherwise, the genius would be poached by the Kelly gang.

Leads me to believe it's component thing. Whatever it is, the Nissan don't like it.

Could T8/Whincup or DJRTP/Scotty unlock its secrets, start winning races on a consistent basis & challenge for the title? That's the $64 million question & wouldn't we love to know.
Wish I knew, because Heimgartner is on pace with his teammates. Speaking about his enduro drive with the team, Ingall mentioned the car was simply down on power. Rick Kelly getting that Pole and leading comfortably at Sky City before the stuck throttle, Todd Kelly would have won at Sky City before being taken out, Caruso actually won a race there. That's a power circuit. With high ambient temps. So, must be magic.

This new ex-Roush engineer may be able to figure it out. Other than that, ask Matthew White for some tips on set up.

Called my internet provider to see if I can get faster service (I cannot) but to make up for my complaining about crappy service for too much money they offered me a lower monthly payment. :lol: Hoping a modem reset results in fewer problems tonight. I don't see it going well.

Back