2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
Something that i found out about over the weekend at Manfeild is that the Central Muscle Cars are probably returning back to Bathurst this year
Apologies but, I'm not a fan of adding these to the TCM field 👎

Sure they're good to watch in their own class but, when added to the TCM cars, they blow them off on the straights & then hold them up for the rest of the lap :irked:

You'd end up with the same result if they allowed the Supercars into the Bathurst 12hr :yuck:

They should go better after getting experience. This year and next will look weird with the XDs in TCM. 4 more days...

Apologies but, I'm not a fan of adding these to the TCM field 👎

Sure they're good to watch in their own class but, when added to the TCM cars, they blow them off on the straights & then hold them up for the rest of the lap :irked:

You'd end up with the same result if they allowed the Supercars into the Bathurst 12hr :yuck:

Fair enough but as @05XR8 said experience should make them quicker

2007 was the last year that a team not named Triple 8 won the first race the of the season. Will that streak be broken? Not too much longer to wait now. :)

All that redesign of the ZB splitter, won't mean a thing come turn 1. I'm actually waiting to see if a tyre gets cut down, from one of those splitters.

Sneak peak at some of the new graphics Fox will be using this year.

eb1602560df6ac2e33bf5822fc735f7e

Not sure about the style of leaderboard totem they're going with. Looks like it might be pretty intrusive during the races. Have to wait and see what it's like during the coverage.

Love that in MotoGP and F1. I welcome it. Hated only seeing the top 10, three cars at a time. Now I can watch Simona move up the ladder, instead of waiting for the ticker at the bottom.

This all has a video game feel(even though its like NFL, with athletes interacting with the camera). The split screen will be cool too.

Now, what's the music going to be like? The same old school 1960's/70's bow-chikka-bow-bow or new dramatic orchestra tunes?

Love that in MotoGP and F1.

Yeah, I'm fine with it in F1 and MotoGP. It's just the blue background they chose that's bothering me.
Hated only seeing the top 10, three cars at a time.

That's a fair point. Being able to see where everyone at any time is a plus. Just hope that they include split times more regularly. That was one thing that always annoyed me about the ticker.

Yeah, I'm fine with it in F1 and MotoGP. It's just the blue background they chose that's bothering me.

That's a fair point. Being able to see where everyone at any time is a plus. Just hope that they include split times more regularly. That was one thing that always annoyed me about the ticker.
That's what I'm wondering about, with the nostalgic blue/orange feel. If the red graphics, in those driver's leaked profile images are anything to go by, might be a more up to date feel.

I really like the new totem pole. With the ticker, you’re often waiting to find a drivers position, or it disappears off the screen before that drivers name scrolls along.

A good example of the 20 person ticker in use is the formula e coverage. The cameras have the cars in the middle of the shot so it never intrudes, it's just more information....... Sucks if I you have a small non-HD TV though.....

This proposed new tram loop in Adelaide (highlighted in green is a little concerning.

C1FDB0FA-678B-4431-A226-9C2B228E7BDD.jpeg

After turning off North Terrace, the proposed line will then traverse East Terrace, which is where Turns 6 and 7 of the Adelaide Parklands Circuit.

I’m a fan of public transport and I love our ever expanding tram line, but I hope there can be a decent workaround for the Motorsport fan in me.

De Pasquale's livery for Adelaide.

Q5A9585-copy-900x600.jpg

DJRTP, Heimgartner, Stanaway and Waters' cars are all set to be revealed today according to that article. Interested to see what Stanaway's cars looks like.
No, nup :yuck:

They need to move the CRC down to the front bumper/airdam like they did with Reynold's car & lose the red grill.

A red outline on the grill surround would be fine but, all red? Noooo :yuck:

Rullo's Altima has just replaced Chaz's FG X as the new clown car. Though in it's primary colors, should have "A, B, C" or "Daddy Day Care", plastered on the side.

Back