2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
Disappointed Pye's down the order but better signs from JC today. Hopefully he can stay out of trouble for a change.

Enjoying the variety of teams and cars in the top 10. Can’t wait to see how this one pans out. As much as I’m a McLaughlin fan, I would be happy to see Kelly’s Nissan pull off another win.

Thought for sure the engine in the 17 car wasn't going to make it to the end of the race. Good win for Reynolds, Nissans need to find some late race pace as they really fall off on a long run.

Also, didn't Erebus say the lack of availability of the Holden badges is why they ran their logo on the front of the car months ago? Surely they would have some by now. Curious if they just decided to keep it there or if there is more to the story.

Thought for sure the engine in the 17 car wasn't going to make it to the end of the race. Good win for Reynolds, Nissans need to find some late race pace as they really fall off on a long run.

Also, didn't Erebus say the lack of availability of the Holden badges is why they ran their logo on the front of the car months ago? Surely they would have some by now. Curious if they just decided to keep it there or if there is more to the story.
Yeah, I'm sure Betty said screw that... "e" on the front grill. :sly:

Nissan made a bad call with splitting Caruso. Should have kept him in the game and then run Andre and Simona on the alternate strategy. The 23 wasn't doing bad, just pit too early.

The 23 wasn't doing bad, just pit too early.

He managed to hold on to a nice top ten result though. I thought on older tryes that Caruso would have been an easy pickings for Lowndes and others on fresher rubber. Didn't realise that Simona finished 17th, that's a solid recovery actually, after her incident with De Pasquale.

He managed to hold on to a nice top ten result though. I thought on older tryes that Caruso would have been an easy pickings for Lowndes and others on fresher rubber. Didn't realise that Simona finished 17th, that's a solid recovery actually, after her incident with De Pasquale.
Definitely for Simona. Would have been nice to see what she could do.

As for Caruso, I thought he would tumble down as well. I did a bit of rolling eyes when Nissan brought him in early. Although, he was slightly off the pace after some battling. So, maybe now I can understand getting him out of there.

Last edited:
I'm just happy to see genuine speed everywhere. Bathurst should really good for them now. I'm going call a win for Nissan. Last year as a factory outfit. That's usually how it goes. :sly:

Yeah, looks like might Nissan have finally turned the corner. Kelly and Caruso in particular have been consitently towards the front of the pack, in the past few rounds. Hopefully they can continue this form for the rest of the season.

Hopefully there are a couple of wildcard entries this year. Would love to see both WAU and DJRTP both running one.

Erebus setting up base in my hometown for the next week.

Super cool of them to set up base and give back to the regional areas which otherwise never get much of anything in the way of sport, let alone top tier motorsport. The transporter as well as De Pasquale's car (Reynolds' is at a local dealership) is being kept at my brother's work too so I'm a bit jealous of him :lol:

All this just further reason for me to love Erebus!

Erebus setting up base in my hometown for the next week.

Super cool of them to set up base and give back to the regional areas which otherwise never get much of anything in the way of sport, let alone top tier motorsport. The transporter as well as De Pasquale's car (Reynolds' is at a local dealership) is being kept at my brother's work too so I'm a bit jealous of him :lol:

All this just further reason for me to love Erebus!
One of my customers is in the same street as Erebus & this explains why I haven't seen the Transporter this week.

Good on them 👍

Back