2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
  • 116,819 views
When Larko asked Andretti about the Camaro, Andretti was reserved. He looked at the Commodore and said he liked it, but ended with something like, it will be a different car.
 
When Larko asked Andretti about the Camaro, Andretti was reserved.
Oh damn, Larko talked to Andretti? I missed that.
but ended with something like, it will be a different car.

Something with two less doors, I'm hoping.
 
Oh damn, Larko talked to Andretti? I missed that.


Something with two less doors, I'm hoping.
Yeah, at about 4pm. A little before. Camera was focused in Andretti war cuing the monitor and next, Larko has a chat with him. Speaking on what does Andretti like about the category, etc.
Then, Larko threw it out there about Camaro.
 
I expect sighs of relief from those about to run Mustangs.

Getting beaten by a Camaro has cred. Beaten by a family hatchback? Not so much even if it's only panels on a control chassis.
 
I'm just waiting to see who jumps from the Roland Dane customer parts ship, when this is made official.
 
While I know it will never happen, I’d love for Holden to re-body the Camaro to create a new Monaro. Have an Australian design the new body and it would sell like hot cakes. With how well the Mustang is doing, it blows me away that they haven’t tried anything. To me personally, Mustang Vs Monaro sounds better than Mustang Vs Camaro, at least in our landscape.
 
While I know it will never happen, I’d love for Holden to re-body the Camaro to create a new Monaro. Have an Australian design the new body and it would sell like hot cakes. With how well the Mustang is doing, it blows me away that they haven’t tried anything. To me personally, Mustang Vs Monaro sounds better than Mustang Vs Camaro, at least in our landscape.
Oh, no doubt. Holden could launch it as a stand alone vehicle like the Corvette brand.
What should have been a low volume speciality Coupe, for domestic and export:
images
 
Considering how wet it was yesterday, how's the forecast for race day?
 
Considering how wet it was yesterday, how's the forecast for race day?
Untitleddf.png


Edit: I really hope they get some dry track time today. Yesterday wasn't very exciting.
 
Last edited:
While I love seeing the drivers use their car control skills in the wet, those conditions are too prone to endless periods of Safety Car touring around & boring the 🤬 out of everyone.
I hope we get to see a totally dry race with minimal SC periods & the race record is smashed.
 
I remember everyone last year was super excited for the wet race... and then nothing really happened until it stopped raining. Wet weather races are usually best when it starts dry and turns wet all of a sudden.
 
Dry line and times are tumbling... much more entertainment value 👍:D
 
Dean Canto is the first one to fall. Was a pretty big hit for the corner that it was at.
 
The Carrera Cup race has been pretty full on so far. When you have Dale Wood and James Moffatt side by side through the chase, it’s never going to go well. Moffatt turned in on Wood as though he had just disappeared.
 
Dean Canto is the first one to fall. Was a pretty big hit for the corner that it was at.

Just caught a replay of it on the Supercars site. Looked like a fairly big hit, hope there's no serious damage for them.

Is it still raining? Qualifying should be interesting if it's wet.
 
Just caught a replay of it on the Supercars site. Looked like a fairly big hit, hope there's no serious damage for them.

Is it still raining? Qualifying should be interesting if it's wet.
Dry. S2 are qualifying.
 
Dry. S2 are qualifying.
Oh well, that should be interesting too. Haven't had much dry weather running so far.
 
Yeah, Jacobson starts P1. All Nissans in top 8.

Qualifying beginning now.
 
What a ripper job from DePasquale to make the shootout.

Pye was nowhere but really encouraged by the pace that Courtney showed.
 
That 1970 Camaro in TCM, just did 294kph with a tow.
 
Sunny at Bathurst, but raining here in Newcastle. :(
 
Wow, what a great qualifying session. The shootout could go either way today.
 
Jeez, the 18 has a transaxle issue in Practice 6.
 
Guessing that Scotty's race suit has turned brown after that. Holy hell that was close.
 
I'm looking forward to the top ten shootout, I love the one chance concept.
 
Back