2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
🤬

Well I will be on the mountain tomorrow night during the race. Was going to avoid social media for spoilers but I think I will let it be. If news comes out that Shane is champion, I won't bother watching the race.

Edit: I agree with Dave, too many laps. I feel like this race should be 400k.

Last edited:
It just seems way too much like an RBR narrative at this stage. I hope Scotty can put it on pole tomorrow.

Is it perfectly fine to wish Triple 8 goes bankrupt for the sake of this sport?
Story was playing too much of a numbers game and not turning Scott loose. At GRM, he was full speed all the time. Stop trying to be clever and just win the daggone DC!

Is it perfectly fine to wish Triple 8 goes bankrupt for the sake of this sport?
Then it just be a DJR Team Penske narrative. Nothing changes, just a different team. Won't say thats better as I'm not a "thats justified" person. Scotty dominanting and a T8 driver dominating is still the same, just one is more popular.

It was an exciting race, guess I'm wearing my SVG shirt when I head to the track tomorrow :lol:. Sadly there was like little commentary where I was so I didn't know about Scottys fuel issue and thought he was playing it safe :lol:. This, winner, wins dynamic is going to be exciting and unlike NASCAR feels earned.

So excited for tomorrow :D. Probably going to the same spot if there will still be room but I doubt it.

Can I just say the comments section of pretty much every recent Supercars social media post is about as toxic as a group of 12 year olds playing Call Of Duty.

I'm all for a fierce competition and of course fierce competition means fans get fired up but daaaamn son some of the comments I've seen are so bad, all these conspiracy theories about T8, or calling "PENALTY!!!" about SVG's last fuel stop, or even Coulthard in the fence. Everyone's an expert in there. Guess that's what happens when social media gives people the thought that they have half a say on any matter, be it penalties, black flags or other potentially race deciding events.

Rant over. Have a nice day.
And yes, I see the irony in this that I'm sharing my own opinion being critical of others sharing theirs.

Can I just say the comments section of pretty much every recent Supercars social media post is about as toxic as a group of 12 year olds playing Call Of Duty.

I'm all for a fierce competition and of course fierce competition means fans get fired up but daaaamn son some of the comments I've seen are so bad, all these conspiracy theories about T8, or calling "PENALTY!!!" about SVG's last fuel stop, or even Coulthard in the fence. Everyone's an expert in there. Guess that's what happens when social media gives people the thought that they have half a say on any matter, be it penalties, black flags or other potentially race deciding events.

And yes, I see the irony in this that I'm sharing my own opinion being critical of others sharing theirs.
Speedcafe is a perfect example :rolleyes:

Oh boy, SVG under investigation for having his car dropped while still getting fueled. There’s only a split second in it so it’ll definitely be interesting what the decision is

Tell me about, even in real life. On the train back home, there was a bunch of people sitting near shouting the exact same things.

I think (and I know the irony as this is a conspiracy) the aggressive fanbase as a lot to do with the Holden vs. Ford dynamic they put on in the late 90s and 2000s. It was simple and effective, easily got people into the series with a simple premise that anybody could follow. Only problem is that it worked too well, this still sticks with the series even today despite other manufacturers coming and going and of course the fanbase that easily got hooked in by a premise to be easily passionate over it stayed. It's easy to not be like that in let's say F1 or Endurance Racing as there is more complexity to get into it more than the brand supremacy narrative.

Oh boy, SVG under investigation for having his car dropped while still getting fueled. There’s only a split second in it so it’ll definitely be interesting what the decision is
A penalty is recommended, however Triple 8 "refuse to accept this". I don't think it works like that guys, you can't reject a penalty cos you don't agree with it - otherwise that makes Scotty the 2017 champion does it not?

Oh well, season over then, GG Scott Mclaughlin finally won the big one :lol:

There isn't a duo more iconic than T8 Pit Crew and Stewards

A penalty is recommended, however Triple 8 "refuse to accept this". I don't think it works like that guys, you can't reject a penalty cos you don't agree with it - otherwise that makes Scotty the 2017 champion does it not?

Depends on the Penalty you're talking about. If its the speeding in pit lane, which was questionable. It was still very early on in the race so anything still could've happened to him.

Oh well, season over then, GG Scott Mclaughlin finally won the big one :lol:

There isn't a duo more iconic than T8 Pit Crew and Stewards

Depends on the Penalty you're talking about. If its the speeding in pit lane, which was questionable. It was still very early on in the race so anything still could've happened to him.
They were quick to issue Waters and Holdsworth their penalties. Basically, taking a win away from Holdsworth. Breach of the rules is breach of the rules.
Funny, as wasn't Masi the one who said only a quarter tyre spin was okay. Now, a slight misjudgement between the lowering and fuel removal, is cause for penalty. He's just suggesting this,to hype things. I say stick it to T8, but it'll get thrown in the bin.

Oh, Simona got 10th! How about that?

Edit: Crazy to read this from Percat's point of view
The impact destroyed the driver’s side of Percat’s car leaving him open to the elements and brought out the Safety Car.

Luckily the South Australian escaped the crash unscathed but revealed that rear wing of Coulthard’s car hit the side of his crash hemet.

“The car did its job,” said Percat on Fox Sports.

“I think his rear wing hit the side of my helmet and the seat and ripped all the radio plug out, all the CPS lights and all that. And obviously the window net is missing.

Last edited:
I didn't say a penalty shouldn't be issued. I would completely understand their decision to and it would make sense, the pit crew screwed up. Hurts but the T8 pit crew does love screwing up :lol:.

They probably need a penalty like this to wake them up.

If it's an infringement that warrants a time penalty, that's exactly what he should get. I just hope whatever McLaughlin wins by is more than that points difference or people will claim he was handed the win.

Last edited:
Back