2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
I do think 25 second is a bit harsh compared to the usual 15 but I do understand the penalty. The team messed up, hopefully now they'll get their act together.

Sadly I don't see SVG winning, no way do I see McLaughlin coming any lower than 2nd unless the stars align again like last year.

Ripped away a great finale but perfectly understandable. Hope T8 learns from this.

Right call, imo. Will T8 try and protest I wonder?

Speaking of time certain, we had a single safety car interruption yesterday and they were borderline having to cut laps to end it on time. Ridiculous.

Yeah, surely it's not hard to start these races 10-15 minutes earlier to avoid running into time restraints.

I'm going to lower my expectations even further this afternoon. :D

Don't teams usually do when its at a time like this :lol:?
Oh, wait. They can't right? I think DJRTP couldn't because it's a PLP. Can't contest a PLP. aww, I keep forgetting, this is T8 we're talking about. Silly me...:P

I understand the penalty but I certainly would have loved to see a one on one fight to take it all with no can't finish any lower a certain place scenarios.

According to Motortrend On Demand the race is starting 30 minutes earlier than yesterday's race?

Probably leave my house after Qualy. Avoiding getting there earlier. Pretty sure my daughter will be looking for the exit after the start of the race. :lol:

Edit: Crompton was still wrong. The #17 had enough fuel to cross the finish line.

Last edited:
:lol: Oh my, what have you done Triple Eight?

Just hope Scotty doesn't bottle it like he did last year with a 70-odd margin. Best strategy would be to stay well clear of the T8 cars and run his own race, finish near the front and he's champion.

Great quali, good showing by Fabs after yesterday, hope they sort that rack out. Suprised to see Tander and Heimgartner in there and was a bit sad to see Lowndes bumped out. Great competition between Giz and Scotty, they certainly aren't going to give each other an inch.

For Scott to lay down that lap, reminded me of his pole laps from GRM to last year. Serious business. He had that "eye of the tiger"("beak of the kiwi" didn't look right).

Still surprises me how you guys down there can swear left and right on TV and nobody bats an eye. :lol:

Edit: they couldn't clean up that mess better in turn 1? :odd:

Edit 2: Ryan Story's interview was great.

Last edited:
I remember Adelaide where Scott had to clean up himself after it slipped, so seems like a Pay TV thing.

Back on the hill after turn 2. Got to cling on to that small hope that SVG can still do it for Holden :lol:

Walking down watt st, johnson's car is still the loudest.
You guys are lucky there’s no Carrera Cup this weekend. Those 911’s really destroy your ear drums with the sound reverberating off of the buildings. At Tailem Bend I was surprised how tame they sound compared to the Adelaide Parklands.

You guys are lucky there’s no Carrera Cup this weekend. Those 911’s really destroy your ear drums with the sound reverberating off of the buildings. At Tailem Bend I was surprised how tame they sound compared to the Adelaide Parklands.
Yeah. I remember seeing them at Melbourne 2 years back, jesus christ :lol:

All out of #17 shirts. So, bought a Coulthard. Got a CL mask. :lol:
We saw some a bit back so must of sold out in the time between. My older brother got a CL mask as well.

Wanted to get a Cooldrive shirt just because I like the colours but decided against it :lol:

My theory on the final race: Reynolds will let McLaughlin through then try make it hard for SVG.

My theory on the final race: Reynolds will let McLaughlin through then try make it hard for SVG.
While it is fun to speculate a grudge between the two. Do we know the 2 actually have a grudge with each other? Sure they had bad experiences together but drivers are more forgiving than what we and the media make them out to be.

While it is fun to speculate a grudge between the two. Do we know the 2 actually have a grudge with each other? Sure they had bad experiences together but drivers are more forgiving than what we and the media make them out to be.
They buddied up last year on the podium.
Is a bit weird, as a fan, to hear Scott and Giz talk about respect for one another this year.

Reynolds is one of the drivers that is known behind the scenes to not get along very well at all with SVG. I can’t imagine he’d do anything during the race to spoil the championship though.

Winterbottom is another that I’ve heard isn’t too friendly with SVG.

Back