2019-2020 NBA Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 237 comments
Here is a different topic apart from my latest post. The NBA is looking at July 15 as possibly the return of the 2019-2020 NBA season. Walt Disney World is still one of the primary sites for which to extend the season if indeed this season doesn't get cancelled. I do hope we get some kind of NBA basketball soon as most major sporting leagues are starting up (pending they didn't discontinue seasons, that is).

Who's the man with the master plan? Adam Silver... at least among NBA types. The NBA recently announced a plan to return to play. Rather than express every idea in one post, let's just say 22 of the teams will play at Walt Disney World. A truncated regular season and fairly decent playoff format will be in the works. More information is featured in this report on the NBA's official website:

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/03/report-nba-plan-restart

So the NBA is coming back. I'd get psyched about this, even if just a bit.

On a somber note, my condolences go out to all who known and loved Wes Unfeld, who died yesterday at the age of 74.

RECENTLY ANNOUNCED...

The NBA has announced a date of October 16 to be the date of the 2020 NBA Draft. It is still slated late July or early August to be the resumption of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

The 2019-2020 NBA season may be coming back, but Vince Carter will not. Vinsanity decided recently to hang it up after 22 seasons. Or as he put it, "officially done." He was heralded as being the first NBA player to play at least one game in four different decades. I wish the 43-year old the best in his retirement. I'm sure more people know Vince Carter for his ferocious dunks. Thanks for the memories, Vince Carter!

Last edited:
Okay, NBA fans- listen up. The restart/resumption of the 2019-2020 NBA season is set to begin on July 30. A doubleheader is slated for July 30 with Jazz vs. Pelicans and Clippers vs. Lakers. This is set to air on TNT. Another pair of matches to air on TV that night will be the Celtics vs. Bucks and the Rockets vs. Mavericks. On social media, the hashtag #WholeNewGame is used. For more information about the NBA schedule, visit: https://stats.nba.com/schedule/

[Real] Basketball is coming back!

Last edited:
Next Thursday, the NBA will be back with games played in Orlando, FL, USA. When the reason resumes, get ready for these matches:

* UTA Jazz vs. NO Pelicans
* LAC Clippers vs. LAL Lakers

Remember- this all begins NEXT Thursday; not this one. The NBA even recently unveiled how the new court will look, including the "Black Lives Matter" deal as well as different measures to encourage social distancing.

Next Thursday should be a welcome sight for you basketball fans. So get ready once that time comes!

GTPlanet... the NBA is back! Today's the big day that the 2019-2020 season resumes. Here are today's games:

* UTA Jazz vs. NO Pelicans
* LAC Clippers vs. LAL Lakers

Enjoy this return of NBA basketball, fans!

The Houston Rockets played their first game of this now resumed season. They took on the Dallas Mavericks. The Rockets won 153-149 in Overtime. James Harden got 49 points, 8 assists, 9 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. The Mavericks' Kristaps Porzingis picked up a double-double (39 pts. and 16 rebs.). R. Covington and R. Westbrook on the Rockets had double-doubles. Luka Doncic with a triple-double (29 pts., 13 reb's, and 10 assists).

[UPDATE] This HOU vs. DAL game was decided in Overtime.

Last edited:
Have any of you been watching the NBA games from the HP Arena in Orlando? I'll tell you what- I like what the NBA did with that court, ranging from the digital scoreboard to the Zoom-like virtual crowd. Quite fun! By the way... the Rockets vs. Mavericks game last night was decided in Overtime. I made the changes to that post.

I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well since the resumption of the 2019-2020 NBA season.

My Houston Rockets managed to defeat the Los Angeles Lakers 113-97 on Thursday with LeBron James out with a groin injury. Russell Westbrook was not in the lineup for the Rockets because of a quad injury. James Harden logged a double-double in that game with 39 points and 12 assists. The Lakers locked up the 1 seed long ago.

My Rockets don't play again until tomorrow, when we are "at" the Kings followed by a back-to-back with *at* San Antonio on Tuesday and vs. Indiana on Wednesday.

Again- I hope your team(s) are doing well.

I think the NBA is handling the pandemic situation very well. We don't have a full idea on how the NFL is doing, but the NBA seems to have handled the COVID-19/Coronavirus landscape the best among the four major American sporting leagues.

I think this is the last "regular season" week of this resumed 2019-2020 season. Some playoff matches have been set, including my Houston Rockets to take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in the postseason. Enjoy whatever action you get to check out as this regular season comes to an end!

Today, the NBA has its Western Conference Play-in game. It will be the Memphis Grizzlies vs. the Portland Trail Blazers to determine whose season will continue and whose will come to an end. The game begins at 2:30 PM Eastern Time.

Today begins the 2019-2020 NBA Playoffs! Here are your First Round matches:

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
* #1 LAL Lakers vs. #8 POR Trail Blazers
* #4 HOU Rockets vs. #5 OKC Thunder
* #3 DEN Nuggets vs. #5 UTA Jazz
* #2 LAC Clippers vs. #7 DAL Mavericks

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
* #1 MIL Bucks vs. #8 ORL Magic
* #4 IND Pacers vs. #5 MIA Heat
* #3 #BOS Celtics vs. #5 PHI 76ers
* #2 #TOR Raptors vs. #7 BKN Nets <<< TOR defending NBA champions

It will be a much different style postseason thanks in part to this COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic. Still, this is a great opportunity for teams to be crown themselves as champions of this unusual season. Which of these teams will become Champions and hoist the O'Brien Trophy? We'll find out over the coming weeks!

Enjoy the action, GTPlaneteers!

Damn Donovan Mitchell dropped 57 pts today making him the youngest player to score 50+ in a playoff game since MJ. I really hope the Jazz can make a run for it.

Playoff p being exposed in game 4 against dallas and finished with only 9pts after playing for 45 minutes

Meanwhile doncic had his first triple double in the postseason and already had an iconic playoff moment after sinking a buzzer beater earlier

People already call the kid the new goat

117888757_3194837690566016_786423766697781758_n.jpg

...and meanwhile, the Thunder have evened the Rockets/Thunder series at 2-2 by winning Game 4 yesterday. Still a ways to go.

Some contending teams in the postseason have already boycotted about playing the games today due to the shooting incident of jacob blake.

Started with the milwaukee bucks earlier in what's supposed to be their 5th game against the orlando magic. Other teams followed suit and hours later, both the la clippers & lakers agreed to boycott in continuing the rest of the season. The other clubs thought of the same as well.

I'm very sad about what's happening atm.

I fully understand why they are boycotting (or rather striking) and support them in doing so. I do hope they continue the playoffs though since I really want to watch the Jazz blow a 3-1 lead in their series with Denver.

I fully understand why they are boycotting (or rather striking) and support them in doing so. I do hope they continue the playoffs though since I really want to watch the Jazz blow a 3-1 lead in their series with Denver.
A strange but welcome respite for the Nuggets. After watching that defense in the first three games, however, I don't hold out much hope even with Jokic and Murray going absolutely nuts. Utah have played better as a team up to this point.

As for all this... Well, suffice to say, people can protest what they like and I have to accept the way they feel. But I don't see how LeBron can say the owners "aren't doing enough" when we have slogans on jerseys, Donald Sterling has been gone for years, and there probably isn't any other group of white billionaires that does quite as much for African Americans as NBA team owners.

Really hoping we can finish this season.

*The Spida disliked this*

*The Spida disliked this*

Spida has been killing it throughout the series. Unfortunately, if the Jazz make it past the Nuggets I can't see them hanging with the Mavs or the Clippers.

Rockets ADVANCE! HOU defeats OKC. Series summary between No. 4W Houston and No. 5W Oklahoma City:

GM1 OKC at HOU: (123-108; Houston)
GM2 OKC at HOU: (111-98; Houston)
GM3 HOU at OKC: (119-107; Oklahoma City)
GM4 HOU at OKC: (117-114; Oklahoma City)
GM5 OKC at HOU: (114-80; Houston)
GM6 HOU at OKC: (104-100; Oklahoma City)
GM7 OKC at HOU: (104-102; Houston)

There were so many times where it seemed like the Houston Rockets were going to fold and fail in this series. Thankfully, the Rockets were able to hold serve and play as hard as they do- small lineup or not. The final moments of Game 7 were as wonky as crap. Even more was the local TV coverage I saw. For one thing, you basically were hearing the Spanish broadcast followed by the final moments being blacked out. When the signal went back up, it noted the Rockets won 104-102. No matter what... I'll take the win. Glad my boys are still in this Postseason.

Up next for Houston... the Lakers. I already have qualms about this one, because I always looked at LAL's Kyle Kuzma as a Rockets killer. That is one guy the Rockets DEFINITELY need to shut down to stand a chance in this upcoming series.

Congratulations to all other teams who advanced to the Conference Semifinals!

Raptors and bucks are getting rekt in their respective matchups.

Top seeds from east are down 0-2 in the first two games.

The Cs are impressive without any assistance from hayward.

Back