2019 Formula 1 car launches threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 150 comments
Red Bull always run great interesting test liveries, then go back to their stale regular scheme. It's a disappointment every year.

Last years:

red-bull-rb14-2.jpg

If they switched the blue bits for white or pink it's would have been better imo. Still, at least it stands out like the previous ones.

Yay, still pink! Personally, I think the blue works well, just about dark enough to contrast.

Although I doubt they'll do well with that name. SportPesa Racing Point doesn't have that championship ring to it.

Last edited:
Blue will have to be on there somewhere because of the new title sponsor

I never really got some sponsors unwillingness to change their logo colour on the car so it can work with the overall design. Yes, if they have an extremely iconic colour that is totally tied to their company I can understand but in this instance does SportPesa really need the navy blue? If you look at the John Player Special for example it looked amazing because all the sponsors were in Gold.

Ain't that the truth! I've also never heard of them, or Rich Energy, or Rokit.

...and yet these companies seem to have the cash to become major sponsors overnight.

Rokit is partially owned by a guy worth 3.4 billion dollars so that explains that one (John Paul DeJoria). Rich Energy on the other hand is still a mystery.

Seems like they added the "rear light" to each side of the rear wing. pretty cool actually. Not sure if this is just for pre-season.

Ain't that the truth! I've also never heard of them, or Rich Energy

Rich Energy are backed by the West Ham owners, they've got some motorsport sponsorship deals already but this is their first F1 foray, and a big one it is too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SportPesa

Never heard of them. Seems like this is the year of shady unknown sponsors
I'm not sure about their global impact but Sport Pesa have become quite well known in the UK in the last few years, as the main shirt sponsor of Everton Football Club as well as partnering with other UK football clubs (my team Arsenal for example is one of them and advertise them during matches).

Funnily enough I was thinking the other day that F1 teams generally don't tend to take on betting companies such as Sport Pesa as sponsors and was struggling to think of any recent examples of any. Personally I quite like that Racing Point livery, more so than the last 2 years.

I love that Mercedes livery as well. Looking forward to the remaining launches and testing next week.

Very much a further refinement of the concept that started with W08, but damn that livery looks awesome! :bowdown:

I like how the three-pointed star is integrated geometrically into the gradient from silver to black.

Seems like they added the "rear light" to each side of the rear wing. pretty cool actually. Not sure if this is just for pre-season.

It's new for the season. Helps the drivers behind to see the car better in poor weather conditions.

Last edited:
Just watched the Mclaren launch. Underwhelmed, I'm afraid.

Car looks like a generic unbranded F1 car you'd get with a cheap Scalextric set.

Just watched the Mclaren launch. Underwhelmed, I'm afraid.

Car looks like a generic unbranded F1 car you'd get with a cheap Scalextric set.

Yeah but it actually has major backing from BAT, and we all know if they could plaster there logos on the car they would.

I mean its a little bit better than last year's livery. However, McLaren's livery is still super bland which is a bummer. Honestly, they probably won't even do well this season again.

Super interesting front wing on the Alfa. The winglets don’t actually connect to the end plates and leave quite a fair bit of space between them, and the nose is a combo of last years, and the Red Bull snout.

Mclaren have made the barge board area very interesting. Haven’t seen anything to that extent so far from any other team.

Last edited:
Back