2019 Formula 1 car launches threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 150 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
To save us creating 10 different threads for each F1 team as they launch their car, and to not flood the Constructors thread, post photos and discuss the launches of each F1 team here.

51708363_1270353463121633_6634488432271818752_n.jpg

Haas launch their new livery first on February 7th.

Last edited:
The big giveaway was walking out in the new overalls before unveiling the car...

RedBull gives you wings and Rich Energy gives you hair ;)

Personal opinion about this first livery reveal: Conservative, classy. JPS 'style'. 👍

Edit: and Williams' reveal Feb 11

Last edited:
I'm so excited to see Alfa Romeo name in this list... Also Kimi as a driver.. Lost interest in F1 years ago, but now I just have to watch it...

It would have looked better if the name at the sides was gold.

It's lit though :cheers:
I dunno, I honestly like the silver Haas name. It provides some contrast and keeps it from looking too much like a John Player Special clone.

To be honest, I was expecting something much tackier looking, given the dodgy nature of their new sponsor.

I'll guess that's due to the new front wing regulations. Probably all the teams will want to raise the front suspension elements as high as possible, IMO.

There is no stepped nose there...it literally looks like the same general design the car had last year, only thing I can see there is a possible s-duct.

It is last year's car, this was only a livery reveal.

No the car Grosjean tweeted and the same one we're making comments on is not last years car. For one the press release says it isn't and two Grosjean himself says it is the VF19. Yes the car that was at the actual in person reveal was indeed a 2018 showcar, the renders however were of the 2019 car that will be seen in Barcelona for testing.

Based off the timing of his move, this is still a James Key designed car, correct?

Yes, RB wouldn't let him leave until the start of this year, basically he had to do a "Holiday" and in doing such he couldn't leave the team during such time. Similar to how Ricciardo signed the contract with Renault, but RBR had a clause to keep him on until 2019, thus he couldn't go do the Abu test after the season ended with his new team. RB is pretty big on clinging to those that wish to leave them or already have one leg out the door.

As for the car, who put a 2019 wing on a 2018 pre-b-spec McLaren and wrapped it in Toro Rosso colors and sponsors?

It should also be noted that the Williams (for those who missed it or don't know) is the 2018 car with the 2019 livery on it, the car that will be raced for 2019 will be seen at testing. However, it is interesting that the front wing on the car is a 2019 spec.

Never heard of Rokit before, but in the last 10 mins I've seen they're sponsoring Williams F1, as well as Nic Hamilton in the BTCC.

It's pretty lazy as a livery imo, just two lines of light blue top and bottom that look like they have been crudely sprayed on. It makes them look like more of a start-up team!

Last edited:
The sidepod profile of that Toro Rosso from the inlets backwards is very reminiscent of last year's Red Bull RB14.

Not really bothered about Williams' new livery. Chances are we'll only see it on TV once or twice all weekend...

Back