2019 Peugeot 508: The Lion's New Flagship Sedan

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 31 comments
Wow, seeing the performance sport version of the 508 really got me excited, I mean i love the new 508 since its release, a beautful car that showed that Peugeot have the chaos to take on more Germanic rivals. But this looks more intense and very classy.

It kinda feels like a revival of the 406 days which itself was a nice car.

OK Peugeot, can i borrow a super-wagon for the weekend please, I'll bring it back on one piece, Promise. :bowdown:;)

I think this looks pretty good. They should launch them in America so they can sell 7 of then over three years and then abandon the US market again. I'd definitely buy one because it's weird and then immediately regret it.

That being said:
I see too many lines and angles for this to be "generic".
I don't think this post is inline with the reality of the midsized (or whatever it's called elsewhere) sedan market. Random awful character lines, haphazard splashes of chrome and OW THE FREE EDGE angry vents are so in vogue right now that the current boring VW models that were styled by taking stuff they were selling ten years ago and sucking all the interesting design details out of them are the ones that stand out the most now. And that was before the 3 series got its Pontiac front end. It's similar to the few years where the Dodge Ram stood out because it was understated and clean looking compared to how stupid the F150 and Silverado looked.

For example, the current Sonata (which, granted, debuted well after your post) looks like something that Chris Bangle would have done while still at Fiat that they put into production after he threw up on the design drawings; and Hyundai is the lifeblood of airport rental services.

Last edited:
Back