japan-2.jpg
Autopolis
Sep. 21-22
japan-2.jpg
Sportsland SUGO
Nov. 9-10
japan-2.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi​

Every year I tell myself to follow Super GT throughout the year, but I just keep putting it off. I don’t know why, the racing is seriously good, these guys produce some of the best professional motorsport racing around. I would go as far enough to say it’s the best endurance racing series there is. It is nice to have something to catch up on during the off-season though.

Super GT in 2019 is looking to be very Interesting, I would however see that the race(s) alongside the DTM should feature the ADAC GT Masters for the European race and the GT300 Class for the Japan (or other) race. With Sepang returning in 2020, It's gonna be interesting.

Going by the twitter post, I think the series is having a booth set up for the auto show with Wako's LC500, ARTA NSX and the Craftsports GT-R from the past season for display.

It looks hideous, but that could be down to the angle. I need to see more. The cabin looks huge! Maybe it'll look better when they've done more with the lower aero parts. I hope so anyway.

Here it is. And it's going to be the GT500 car in 2020 (sadly imo)

Dwl0aIsUUAADoGt

Dwl20vAVsAA4aVK

I'm not sure what to think about it. I want to like the car but it's not pretty. The two things that are a huge problem in my eyes are the ugly nose and the bubbly roof. The latter just looks disproportionate for the size of the car.

The big 3 are FINALLY together at last after 15 or so years.
Except the Supra is not even close to the others anymore in terms of street car performance or even cost. The GTR and NSX have grown up in power and performance. The Supra has not. Imo this car doesn't deserve the Supra name. They should have just named it the Celica or something.

The 350Z wasn't close in performance to the NSX-R. I mean, you know this is about running the flagship of a brand. Heck, it's not in the same performance as a Camaro and Mustang. Yet, it'll run in NASCAR.

As most manufacturers do, you know they increase performance of the car over years. Just as you mentioned. The Supra is about to come out. We'll watch it grow.

New prius looks the business

That's not a Prius. That's the Mirai. At least that's what the headlights look like.

2016-toyota-mirai-fuel-cell-sedan-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-648892-s-original.jpg

EDIT:
nvm, I was mistaken. It's actually the Prius Prime. Definitely the best looking version of the Prius, even in non-race car form.

2018-Toyota-Prius-Prime-08.jpg

Last edited:
The driver lineup of Honda has been announced.
https://www.honda.co.jp/news/2019/c190111b.html

GT500
#1 - Team Kunimitsu
N. Yamamoto / J. Button

#8 - Autobacs Racing Team Aguri
T. Nojiri / T. Izawa

#16 - Team Mugen
H. Muto / D. Nakajima

#17 - Keihin Real Racing
K. Tsukakoshi / B. Baguette

#32 - Modulo Nakajima Racing
N. Karthikeyan / T. Makino

GT300
#18 - Team Upgarage
T. Kobayashi / K. Matsuura

#34 - Modulo Drago Corse
R. Michigami / H. Otsu

#55 - Autobacs Racing Team Aguri
S. Takagi / N. Fukuzumi

The driver lineup of Honda has been announced.
https://www.honda.co.jp/news/2019/c190111b.html

GT500
#1 - Team Kunimitsu
N. Yamamoto / J. Button

#8 - Autobacs Racing Team Aguri
T. Nojiri / T. Izawa

#16 - Team Mugen
H. Muto / D. Nakajima

#17 - Keihin Real Racing
K. Tsukakoshi / B. Baguette

#32 - Modulo Nakajima Racing
N. Karthikeyan / T. Makino