Touring Cars 2019 Super GT Series

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by R1600Turbo, Dec 10, 2018.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

2. UnkaD

UnkaD

I do notice the differences at the front and back openenings. These could be ammendments done after more aero testing. As for the side profile shots, it might be a trick to the eyes due to the reveal shot being taken from a lower angle closer to the ground, but I see what you mean. The car does look more obviously front-engine in the second set of photos.

3. 05XR8

05XR8

The difference is the Top one is MR(left, in the pic below), the bottom is FR(right, in the pic below)

4. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

The exhaust of the 2020 NSX GT500 exits out on the side of the car instead of the rear due to the different engine placement, so that's another difference compared to the 2019 car.

5. 05XR8

05XR8

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Ohhh yessssss
    http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/...gt300-in-development-set-for-2020-launch.html
    This all I care about

Cap'n Jack likes this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/554674?all

EMxdiMWUEAAl8Vb.jpeg

Translated

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    trustjab likes this.
  8. trustjab

trustjab

That's definitely the RC F GT3's V8! Same rumble and the same sound as the GT3's and the Prius GT300.

05XR8 likes this.
  9. GTveteran

GTveteran

It'll be interesting to find out the specs of this car. I imagine it'll be similar to the last of the GT500 Supra MK IVs. But obviously with modern aero etc.

Hope they don't get too much teething troubles with it. It might persuade more teams/manufacturers than Toyota (Subaru included) to build true JAF GT300 cars. Highly unlikely I know given how much cheaper the GT3 cars are allegedly.

10. 05XR8

05XR8

Supra is in a unique position, as Toyota no doubt have options to Supra everything. NASCAR, GT4, GT500, GT300, GTE(the concept car). It could possibly fit (V8)Supercars, once new regulations are revealed for 2021.

I'm sure anything is possible for other manufacturers. Camaro and Mustang are in TA2, NASCAR, GT4 and there was a Camaro GT3(it's still raced in Australian GT). There was a Corvette made to GT300 specs.

Maybe the next GT-R is made to JAF GT300. I only see about one or two in competition, outside of Japan.

11. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I wonder why Toyota went for the JAF Supra GT300 when they could have gone for a single FIA car between GT300, GT3 and a potential GTE entry?

You could say that Toyota already has the Lexus RC-F for GT3 and that means they wouldn’t need a Supra for that category, but by that logic they could also just solely use the RC-F for GT300 as well instead of having the Prius and Supra in there at the same time.

12. tankuroded

tankuroded

The GT300 Supra is a private effort with no Toyota involvement.

13. 05XR8

05XR8

Full 2019 season

14. Northstar

Northstar Premium

R1600Turbo likes this.