2019-suzuki-jimny-interior3.jpg

2019-suzuki-simny-rear.jpg

2019-suzuki-jimny-yellow.jpg

2019-suzuki-jimny-silver.jpg

Green, Man... Green!

suzuki-jimny-off-road-3.jpg

suzuki-jimny-29.jpg

suzuki-jimny-36.jpg

Looking at a car website, pre-orders are at 123 since September. At $25k-under $30k, that's a marvel for a new off-roader. Doesn't have all the safety stuff like a CX-3, but i'd happily shell my money out for knowing I can go anywhere with it. I'm still amazed it only weighs 1100kgs.

Suzuki has to be aware of the US demand for this thing, right?
Sadly, other than enthusiasts here and there, I'm almost certain there's no demand. It's far too small for a US buyer to be lured in; even with it's cute styling, it's embarrassingly miniscule compared to other SUVs on the road. The only thing we can really do at this point, unfortunately, is accept the fact that Suzuki won't return to the US market, in at least a few decades.

Back in the day, the Samurai was an awesome car. I mean the local drug dealers in The Bronx and Brooklyn, were sporting them around, but so cool to have something so versatile in the urban jungle. Easy to park, top off motoring, ruggedness for broken streets.

If there were ever a case for the Jimny in other countries, this would be it. Just turns me off when I see "greed" like this:$70,000AUD MINI Countryman

Yeah, yeah. The price could be this way for the urbanite that only has one small car space in their building, they actually do go camping often and have to fit a car seat and hybrid dog. But, damn... last pricing I saw on the MINI JCW was about $50k. That above price is insane.

I have seen this miniscule of a 4x4 last month in personal and man, it's so freaking cramped inside. With an asking price of about more than $20000 in our country, I'd rather buy a used pickup truck or SUV which have similar prices (or just slightly more) and still pretty new in the used market.

I have seen this miniscule of a 4x4 last month in personal and man, it's so freaking cramped inside. With an asking price of about more than $20000 in our country, I'd rather buy a used pickup truck or SUV which have similar prices (or just slightly more) and still pretty new in the used market.
True, but it's aimed at people that don't need the space. More for the person that knows they can go off-road and prefer a small runabout.
Also aimed at commercial businesses for parks departments, paddocks, etc.

True, but it's aimed at people that don't need the space. More for the person that knows they can go off-road and prefer a small runabout.
Also aimed at commercial businesses for parks departments, paddocks, etc.
Yes. I do know about that but I have a big frame and I stand at almost about 69 inches high so obviously, I would need some space to accommodate myself comfortably in the driver's seat. I even found out that I have to slide that seat almost to its fullest. Those two seats at the back are pretty useless, unless maybe if one plans to have small kids sit there or dogs and other pets that could accommodate them nicely.

If only its price was a lot cheaper than it has now, then maybe it could be a winner. But too bad, that's not the case here at all.

Yes. I do know about that but I have a big frame and I stand at almost about 69 inches high so obviously, I would need some space to accommodate myself comfortably in the driver's seat. I even found out that I have to slide that seat almost to its fullest. Those two seats at the back are pretty useless, unless maybe if one plans to have small kids sit there or dogs and other pets that could accommodate them nicely.

If only its price was a lot cheaper than it has now, then maybe it could be a winner. But too bad, that's not the case here at all.
Sure, it's not for everyone. It'll be a winner for those that like it, regardless of price.
For its capabilities, it's excellent value. Compared to a CX-3( that has about the perfect seats and driver comfort in its class), I'd still choose the Jimny. I'm six foot and find the current Jimny, comfortable for what it is. CX-3 rear seats and cargo capacity, isn't that great over the Jimny. A mid-spec CX-3, is about $28kAUD, which guaranteed, a CX-3 buyer mainly cares about phone connectivity, fuel efficiency and its compact size. Jimny does that and can genuinely go off-road. I don't think a cut in price would sway you, over driver comfort.

Sure, it's not for everyone. It'll be a winner for those that like it, regardless of price.
For its capabilities, it's excellent value. Compared to a CX-3( that has about the perfect seats and driver comfort in its class), I'd still choose the Jimny. I'm six foot and find the current Jimny, comfortable for what it is. CX-3 rear seats and cargo capacity, isn't that great over the Jimny. A mid-spec CX-3, is about $28kAUD, which guaranteed, a CX-3 buyer mainly cares about phone connectivity, fuel efficiency and its compact size. Jimny does that and can genuinely go off-road. I don't think a cut in price would sway you, over driver comfort.
Maybe if it's at that price and it's gotten a little more bigger as well, I would consider it. However, I still don't see any point why Suzuki had to price it over like that. The outgoing model is already expensive for what it offers but this one just even surpasses that one. You may compare it with other similarly priced vehicles from other classes but I'm sure this won't sway a lot of people. The only thing where it does excel is off-roading, sure. I'll give it a credit for that one. However, that's the only thing it does well. The rest, meh... It's also crude, too. There's also a lot of exposed panels inside and the plastics are too hard to touch for that price range.

If anything, the Jimny is somewhat similar to the FJ Cruiser in its purpose; it's a funky-looking hobby vehicle that's built to crawl over obstacles or rough terrain but nothing much else. It will not attract that much of practical or conscious buyers here but for those enthusiasts out there, it surely will.

Back