2019 World Finals - MONACO

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by symaski62, Nov 15, 2019.

1. symaski62

symaski62

2. Granadier

Granadier

Main landing page

Curiously the Manufactures Race 2 is still marked as TBA. Couldn’t be a new car since it’s either Gr.3/Gr.4 and the Supra has already been announced. Nations Repechage is TBA as well.

3. GT235

GT235

I just looked at the structure of the Manufacturers Series and Nations Cup race and that there will be a TBA circuit, in this case to be confirmed. Well, we'll just find out on the day of the event.

dlshearon and symaski62 like this.
  4. MIE1992

MIE1992

I'd imagine that it's likely a new track, then. Or maybe a new locale with multiple variants (like with Sardegna) and there'll be different variants for each of those two TBA races. It could alternatively be that that the Nations Repecharge is a one-make with a new car. Maybe it's a course we already have, but with the Jaguar VGT that's coming?

dlshearon and sturk0167 like this.
  5. Granadier

Granadier

An alternative answer that others have mentioned to me is that could instead be just a wet version of an existing track being revealed.

6. sturk0167

sturk0167

Since it seems like I won't be getting my dream track (Laguna Seca), I'd settle for Sonoma. :D

7. NosOsH

NosOsH

Im really loving how many races there will be in the nations cup. Ive felt like earlier events were over too quickly, Im looking forward to sitting down a watching this.

On a side note does anyone think that @granturismo should think about trying to approach @Netflix and seeing if they can cook up some sort of show similar to Drive to Survive, to really showcase esports and Gran Turismo in particular to a much larger audience?
    They could talk about the past GT Acadamy events and winners who have gone on to real racing careers as well as all the current top dogs and their stories as well, leading into the future possibilities of e-racing in general.

8. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

Well, I think it's your lucky day.

61e474fa-36b5-45ec-b7ca-3a460da184a6.jpg

ProjectF, Dave Beerman, ZRO and 27 others like this.
  9. sturk0167

sturk0167

10. NosOsH

NosOsH

Wha wha whaaaatt

dimassa19 and sturk0167 like this.
  11. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

It was simply leaked, it's a screenshot from that extra information that the FIA event drivers have access to. I didn't edit this photo or anything.

sturk0167 likes this.
  12. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

TBA?

Dream: Watkins Glen

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  13. sturk0167

sturk0167

Now I'm all excited. Thanks for the info. :D

14. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

In that case it is pretty poor form from whoever initially leaked it, when PD asks them not to.

15. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

Yep, I read that somewhere as well. But it was leaked after all (unfortunately or fortunately)...

Marcobzzcs, NosOsH and sturk0167 like this.
  16. NosOsH

NosOsH

Pd's got the hype train all wrong anyways. The thing about it is that it BUILDS...
    If you release the info just before it becomes available, it doesnt let all of us rabid dogs to foam at the mouth in anticipation.
    Keeps us all comin back lookin for more info.
    I guess a random leak here and there accomplishes the same since we dont know for sure if its real or just a little mischievous photoshopping lol.

17. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

PD send more than 50 competitors from around the world on an all-expenses-paid trip to Monaco - flights, accommodation, meals, transit, the event itself, afterparties... they pay for lot.

In return they ask for a few simple courtesies, one of which is to not share the unannounced details before the event. A pretty simple request, but it seems like it is too much for some (assuming the leak is correct).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  18. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5

I think there is still plenty of anticipation in waiting to see if there is a wet variation of Laguna Seca released.

sturk0167 and NosOsH like this.
  19. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

If Laguna Seca is confirmed, I will feel right at home. :D (It's an hour drive from here)

20. NosOsH

NosOsH

Isn't it a little early for the competitors to have even gotten this info yet? I thought they had these briefings on site a couples days before the actual event.
    In the case that they sent this info out ahead of time with this little tidbit, seems like a major slip up that would have leaked eventually.

21. sturk0167

sturk0167

What's with the bit about driver change requirement. Is that a thing in FIA races? I don't know a lot about them. That part seems weird, though. :odd:

22. NosOsH

NosOsH

@sturk0167
    In the manu finals its in teams of three so in the races they have to swap drivers as well as the required tires. They usually require the use of all 3 types. For a while there teams were only using hards for 1 lap since you lose so much time on them, but last event they started to require each tire be used for at least a certain number of laps, depending on the track.

23. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

It's a manufacturers team race
    3 drivers on one rig, they do a live changeover at the pitstop

24. sturk0167

sturk0167

Hasnain282 likes this.
  25. NosOsH

NosOsH

It only happens at world events.
    In the Nations its only one driver but thwy usualy still have to pit to use all tires. Just depends on the format they choose.

26. NoStopN

NoStopN

There is no telling whether these top FIA event participants have to sign any kind of NDA. But, as long as the new track/car is near 100% ready to be included in the game, it would seem like a great way to keep the player base engaged. As we've seen on this forum, some people just avoid the game for chunks of time. Those sponsors & official partners who paid to be featured prominently in the game aren't getting a good return on their investment. Besides, fanboys have their favorite tracks & will act as a free hype machine. Like us.

sirjim73 and sturk0167 like this.
  27. dimassa19

dimassa19

Welcome back, Laguna Seca!

28. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Player: Leaks the competition info
    PD: You cannot leak this information
    Player:
    surprised pikachu.jpg

sturk0167 likes this.
  29. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I read the title and thought that Cote de Azur was coming back...

30. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Why would there be no other information on that picture? (tires, etc?) Seems fishy.