2019 World Finals - MONACO

• Thread starter symaski62
  • 65 comments
I just looked at the structure of the Manufacturers Series and Nations Cup race and that there will be a TBA circuit, in this case to be confirmed. Well, we'll just find out on the day of the event.

Main landing page

Curiously the Manufactures Race 2 is still marked as TBA. Couldn’t be a new car since it’s either Gr.3/Gr.4 and the Supra has already been announced. Nations Repechage is TBA as well.

I'd imagine that it's likely a new track, then. Or maybe a new locale with multiple variants (like with Sardegna) and there'll be different variants for each of those two TBA races. It could alternatively be that that the Nations Repecharge is a one-make with a new car. Maybe it's a course we already have, but with the Jaguar VGT that's coming?

I'd imagine that it's likely a new track, then. Or maybe a new locale with multiple variants (like with Sardegna) and there'll be different variants for each of those two TBA races. It could alternatively be that that the Nations Repecharge is a one-make with a new car. Maybe it's a course we already have, but with the Jaguar VGT that's coming?
Since it seems like I won't be getting my dream track (Laguna Seca), I'd settle for Sonoma. :D

Im really loving how many races there will be in the nations cup. Ive felt like earlier events were over too quickly, Im looking forward to sitting down a watching this.

On a side note does anyone think that @granturismo should think about trying to approach @Netflix and seeing if they can cook up some sort of show similar to Drive to Survive, to really showcase esports and Gran Turismo in particular to a much larger audience?
They could talk about the past GT Acadamy events and winners who have gone on to real racing careers as well as all the current top dogs and their stories as well, leading into the future possibilities of e-racing in general.

Since it seems like I won't be getting my dream track (Laguna Seca)

Well, I think it's your lucky day.

61e474fa-36b5-45ec-b7ca-3a460da184a6.jpg

Pd's got the hype train all wrong anyways. The thing about it is that it BUILDS...
If you release the info just before it becomes available, it doesnt let all of us rabid dogs to foam at the mouth in anticipation.
Keeps us all comin back lookin for more info.
I guess a random leak here and there accomplishes the same since we dont know for sure if its real or just a little mischievous photoshopping lol.

Yep, I read that somewhere as well. But it was leaked after all (unfortunately or fortunately)...

PD send more than 50 competitors from around the world on an all-expenses-paid trip to Monaco - flights, accommodation, meals, transit, the event itself, afterparties... they pay for lot.

In return they ask for a few simple courtesies, one of which is to not share the unannounced details before the event. A pretty simple request, but it seems like it is too much for some (assuming the leak is correct).

Last edited:
Isn't it a little early for the competitors to have even gotten this info yet? I thought they had these briefings on site a couples days before the actual event.
In the case that they sent this info out ahead of time with this little tidbit, seems like a major slip up that would have leaked eventually.

What's with the bit about driver change requirement. Is that a thing in FIA races? I don't know a lot about them. That part seems weird, though. :odd:

@sturk0167
In the manu finals its in teams of three so in the races they have to swap drivers as well as the required tires. They usually require the use of all 3 types. For a while there teams were only using hards for 1 lap since you lose so much time on them, but last event they started to require each tire be used for at least a certain number of laps, depending on the track.

What's with the bit about driver change requirement. Is that a thing in FIA races? I don't know a lot about them. That part seems weird, though. :odd:
It's a manufacturers team race
3 drivers on one rig, they do a live changeover at the pitstop

It only happens at world events.
In the Nations its only one driver but thwy usualy still have to pit to use all tires. Just depends on the format they choose.

In that case it is pretty poor form from whoever initially leaked it, when PD asks them not to.

Assuming this leak is correct, I would be pretty annoyed if I were PD.

PD send more than 50 competitors from around the world on an all-expenses-paid trip to Monaco - flights, accommodation, meals, transit, the event itself, after parties... they pay for lot.

In return they ask for a few simple courtesies, one of which is to not share the unannounced details before the event. A pretty simple request, but it seems like it is too much for some.

There is no telling whether these top FIA event participants have to sign any kind of NDA. But, as long as the new track/car is near 100% ready to be included in the game, it would seem like a great way to keep the player base engaged. As we've seen on this forum, some people just avoid the game for chunks of time. Those sponsors & official partners who paid to be featured prominently in the game aren't getting a good return on their investment. Besides, fanboys have their favorite tracks & will act as a free hype machine. Like us.

Back