2020-21 Formula 1 Off-season threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 177 comments
This is their new logo in colour, think it's pretty safe to say it'll be that shade of green with the neon as highlights in some way.

logo-image2021.png

Last edited:
Guenther Steiner's latest column in The Race:

https://the-race.com/formula-1/nikita-mazepin-guenther-steiner-haas-team-column/

Reading this only keeps you wondering as to what measures they have put in place, but I'd like to think that they amended Mazepin's contract in such a way that, if he does any further transgressions like that latest sexual assault case or driving dangerously as seen in F2, he's fired immediately. But again, we can only speculate at this point.

further transgressions like that latest sexual assault case or driving dangerously as seen in F2

I think dangerous driving is inevitable from him in F1. Think of all the times in the last few seasons when drivers have shaken fists at one another or ranted on the radio about being blocked. Imo it won't be long before Mazepin gets into a similar situation and puts somebody (and probably himself) into a wall. Hopefully there'll be no injuries except to his contract.

I think dangerous driving is inevitable from him in F1. Think of all the times in the last few seasons when drivers have shaken fists at one another or ranted on the radio about being blocked. Imo it won't be long before Mazepin gets into a similar situation and puts somebody (and probably himself) into a wall. Hopefully there'll be no injuries except to his contract.

I hope he does it to Kimi.

That way Kimi will jump out and kick his snobby little punk ass.

Cause kimi doesn't give a ****

Last edited:
Rumored reasons for the delay in Hamilton's signing include the following demands, possibly considered exorbitant by certain parties to the contract:

- 4 year 200 million dollar contract
- plus 10 percent of the team's championship winnings.
- plus limited edition AMG1 car
- plus additional role going beyond driving

Last edited:
Rumored reasons for the delay in Hamilton's signing include the following demands, possibly considered exorbitant by certain parties to the contract:

What a **** if thats true.

The salary is in line with his current deal, so while it's an exorbitant amount of money I think it's a fair ask to keep his current salary going forward.

I mean, you guys wouldn't ask for less money at your jobs during salary negotiations, would you?

Given his age and the length of the contract, combined with the cost cap and the value of what he brings compared to what they could get.

I don't see the value in what he is asking at all.

The length of the contract is really the only thing I see them truly balking at, if only because the team is probably wanting to keep the "We don't like these new rules and will leave if you don't change them" card on the table for next year, and committing to a four year driver contract would complicate that.

$50 million/year probably isn't too far off from what they're paying him already, the 10% team winnings cut could be his salary for whatever position they give him outside driving (probably "Brand Ambassador", or something else marketing-oriented that doesn't directly influence the racing portion), and a limited edition car could simply mean seats with his logo stitched into them and a rare Brazilian wood dashboard. I mean yeah, it's far above and beyond what any other driver in the field could command, but the team obviously hasn't had a problem with throwing piles of money at him up to this point to keep him happy.

As if anyone actually familiar with the negotiations would be leaking it to the press. It's not like they just tell anyone, these are high level negotiations. There have been so many conflicting "rumours" over the last few weeks it has become a joke.

https://f1i.com/news/395370-mercedes-slams-pure-fiction-hamilton-contract-rumors.html

Three hour old video stresses Hamilton's contract is still not signed and may still be in the pitching and catching curveballs phase.

image.jpg

Is it wrong that I want Mercedes to go back to a silver livery and Alpine to use this for the regular season, instead of just for winter testing?

The black Renaults have always looked awful, this is no different. I'm glad they're saying it's just a winter livery and will have some proper colour on it by the time it reaches the grid. We're losing yellow for that...

I'm going to miss having yellow cars on the grid. Was hoping they would have eventually added some white to the yellow+black combo like some of their classic stuff.

I bet Hamilton wants more money out of Mercedes.

In a time where the same manufacturer has to fire its people due to the COVID situation, asking a higher salary is nothing short of disrespectful.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton stalled his contract negotiation deliberately. But then COVID happened to him, and Mercedes found out that Russell is pretty good sailing to an easy victory in a car in which he doesn't even fit and he hasn't driven before.

Put George in that seat I say.

I bet Hamilton wants more money out of Mercedes.

In a time where the same manufacturer has to fire its people due to the COVID situation, asking a higher salary is nothing short of disrespectful.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton stalled his contract negotiation deliberately. But then COVID happened to him, and Mercedes found out that Russell is pretty good sailing to an easy victory in a car in which he doesn't even fit and he hasn't driven before.

Put George in that seat I say.

Or none of those things are the case. Let's wait and see before adding to the myriad of "rumours".

https://www.planetf1.com/news/formula-1-formula-e-merger/

Thoughts everyone? For me it would ruin the USP of Formula E and not only do I feel it could make it hard for up and comers from F2 and F3 to graduate and find opportunities to race in F1 if drivers like Sam Bird and Antonio Felix da Costa but it could also do harm to them as I’m thinking they are drivers who made their name in series like GTWC and WEC. To do F1 would be an anticlimax. F1 can get a bit processional. But things like GTWC it’s wheel-to-wheel racing.

It seems inevitable to me, when the technology advances far enough. Which probably isn't going to be for at least another 20 years, but once it is, given the way of the world and general moving away from combustion engines, that F1 will be all electric.

It seems inevitable to me, when the technology advances far enough. Which probably isn't going to be for at least another 20 years, but once it is, given the way of the world and general moving away from combustion engines, that F1 will be all electric.

Oh eventually yes. I am sure that the two series are heading towards each other, like two parallel lines that have just notched the first degree towards the same vanishing point. But the idea of just mushing the two series together any time soon is just obviously ludicrous.

Latest Posts

Back