2020 Kia Soul Evolves the Box, Gets Sporty 201hp GT Model

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by Turbo, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Turbo

Turbo (Banned)

2. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

3. homeforsummer

homeforsummer Premium

I really like it. I was a fan of the Soul anyway, but that's got loads of personality. That design element around the interior door handles is neat too.

VXR likes this.
  4. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

All I see from the front is this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But everything else is very nice, I quite like the rear lights. Kia's killing it lately design-wise.

5. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I like it.

They haven't done enough on the inside though. Interior still looks pretty 2007. C'mon Kia, get with the program. Even the lowly Rio has a nicer design.

6. homeforsummer

homeforsummer Premium

If there's a problem with the interior it's that it's never really been imaginative enough compared to the exterior. One of the great things about the taller, boxier cars like this, the Cube, the Scion xB etc is that the cabins have always felt as different as the exterior looked.

7. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

8. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

The front looks like a mix of the Camaro and Durango.

9. Moglet

Moglet Premium

I love it, especially those dual center exit exhausts! I hope they bring these models to the UK.

10. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Kia are certainly going to bring the Base and EV models to the UK. I'd like to see the X-Line too, the rugged look really suits it and could be a hit with the Crossover craze. The GT looks good, but might be a little too niche here.

11. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

In white, that'd be the most Stormtrooper looking vehicle around.

SlipZtrEm and TheNuvolari like this.
  12. Tornado

Tornado

I'm impressed. It's clearly the same model, but it doesn't really look that similar. It feels like what Nissan was trying to do with the final Cube. The interior also kind of reminds me of Mazda's efforts from about a decade or so ago.

13. Mires

Mires

Please excuse my stupid question, but...

What does make people buying this kind of cars (Soul, Roomster, C3 Picasso, Cactus, etc...)? Because in terms of aesthetics and design concept, some lines of these cars make it really odd in my eyes. It does hurt my eyes to see a car, which looks like it isn't finished, or designers made a tad bit more lines than necessary while drunk or under influence...

Like the Soul - its almost vertical back, the sides, weirdly optically looking more vertical in the back than on the place of the front doors, the roof line (almost levelled) in cooperation with side windows shape make the ilusion of dropping down a bit more than enough, the side windows itself pointing back on the top evoque sensation of roof being dragged back, all the weirdly shaped multi headlights... I could continue, but it is

Cubism was a weird art style, I wonder what makes people in automobile industry think it's time to take it back...

On the other side, I do really like the detailing in the interior, the stitched detailing, the diamond pattern on the doors, or the exhaust pipes (those should be on the side, not centered in my opinion). :O

14. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

With a cube design comes a ton of interior room in a small package. That means you can fit people and their crap more comfortably in them. The Scion xB was by no means a good looking car, but my god could you cram a ton of stuff in there without any issues.

Mires likes this.
  15. Tornado

Tornado

It also allows you to have the kind of interior space and driving view of a SUV while still having something that drives pretty much like a car and costs as much as a car and gets the mileage of a car.

VXR and Mires like this.
  16. Mires

Mires

Fair point there guys :tup: was never having situation to use more space than I had at hands, so I kinda forgot about this aspect. :cheers:

17. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

The styling of this Soul is giving me a Ford vibe, specifically the EvoSport thing from 2012.
    [​IMG]

18. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

^^^ I don't see it.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.