2020 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

I really hope they finish, I don't really care where but they deserve it just from perseverance.

For all the fun poor ByKolles have poked at them, I hope they make it too the finish as well, as that's no mean feat itself.

Toyota's running strong so far, as are the Astons in GTE Pro, with Lynn doing a good shift at the front in Pro, which is all good to see so far 👍.

Apparently there are expected rain for the evening and night, maybe even thunder. Could get interesting.

Indeed, forecast apparently suggests a thunderstorm and heavy rain in the night, which with the longer night time running they'll experience with the race in September, could make things interesting with lower temps.

Thunderstorm incoming at 300km from the track. Should be overhead sometimes between 9 and 10 local time, so roughly 3 to 4 hours from now, if I`m not hugely mistaken.

Last edited:
Audio only. But being that the US feeds for pretty much everything are commercial strewn minefields, it singlehandedly keeps me up to date in pretty much every major sports car race I follow.
I dunno, maybe its just me but I couldn't just listen to auto racing, I have to watch it. Other sports I could maybe get by if I had to.

The race is being broadcast complete and live on MTHD (MotorTrend), channel 281 Direct TV.

Edit:
There is a titanic battle taking place between Tincknell (Aston-Martin) and Serra (Ferrari).

There's at least eighteen LMP2's on the same lap!

Last edited:
The race is being broadcast complete and live on MTHD (MotorTrend), channel 281 Direct TV.

Edit:
There is a titanic battle taking place between Tincknell (Aston-Martin) and Serra (Ferrari).

There's at least eighteen LMP2's on the same lap!
I'm enjoying the Aston Ferrari battle

Edit: what are the split times for the rest of the pack behind the 51 AF Corse Ferrari?
Im rooting for the Risi Ferrari because my C8.R's arent there.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the Aston Ferrari battle

Edit: what are the split times for the rest of the pack behind the 51 AF Corsa Ferrari?
Im rooting for the Risi Ferrari because my C8.R's arent there.

Forza Ferrari! There seems to be an armada of them in GT-Am this year, did Ferrari have a 2 for 1 sale or something?

Forza Ferrari! There seems to be an armada of them in GT-Am this year, did Ferrari have a 2 for 1 sale or something?
I just imagine walking up to a showroom Ferrari 488 GTE seeing this on the window:

upload_2020-9-19_13-42-21.jpeg

The Porsches in Pro really are just dog slow on race pace this year it seams, with the way the #91 dropped back at the start. #92 has been in the pits, sorting out what has been power steering related issues (I think from what was said on RLM). Though one could argue the Porsches were a little bit too quick last year, so swings and roundabouts and all that...

Besides, the battle between the Aston's and the AF Corsa Ferrari's has been really entertaining and much more interesting. Hopefully those Astons can continue to take it to those pesky Fezza's :cool:(at least makes up for the absence of the Fords this year).

Edit: #90 and #98 leading the way in GTE-AM 👍, battle brewing.

Radio LeMans is where it's at. That has been my go to stream for the past several years now.

Agreed, it's a ritual for me every year to tune into RLM for the LM 24 (along with all other sports car events, e.g. IMSA, Blancpain etc.) I prefer watching my motorsport, but you can't beat a good radio production to cover an event, especially with how the RLM guys make it so interesting to listen, thanks to the likes of Hindhaugh and Johnny Palmer. For similar reasons I really struggle to watch Motorsport events without commentary, just seems lacking without it as a viewer.

Last edited:
That reminds me... what kind of safety car are they using at Le Mans? Is it still the 911 Turbo S (991.2) that they've been using for the past couple of years?

That reminds me... what kind of safety car are they using at Le Mans? Is it still the 911 Turbo S (991.2) that they've been using for the past couple of years?

The little that I´ve seen from the live feed, it looks like it. And they apparently have Panamera's as medical cars.

EDIT: We have lightings in the distance.

Last edited:
Toyota #7 entered the pits 35 seconds before the pitlane re-opened, should be a penalty.

From what I understand, pit's were open, just that the red light was on at the end of the pit lane, so the #7 and one the AM Porsches had to wait. Unless I missed something I'm not sure.

It seems those updates on the RSR aren't that great. At IMSA RSR wasn't that amazing either. Expected some good battles, but there not only 8 cars, but only 3 actually racing. Pascal said they will manage, hope and wish them it.

From what I understand, pit's were open, just that the red light was on at the end of the pit lane, so the #7 and one the AM Porsches had to wait. Unless I missed something I'm not sure.
This is from Hindaugh:

The pit exit is standard procedure until the next safety car train passes, not sure I've seen the entry closed before (especially since the incident was nowhere near).

Back