2020 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

This is from Hindaugh:

The pit exit is standard procedure until the next safety car train passes, not sure I've seen the entry closed before (especially since the incident was nowhere near).

Fair enough missed that đź‘Ť, so will be interesting to what happens with those three then.

If the #7 does get a penalty, it would in theory swing it back in the #8's favour with the issues it's encountered to put it out of kilter with it's sister car.

Disappointed... considering the field... seems like a bunch of airplanes running around without side wings in a Porsche Ferrari exhibition show with a occasional Aston mixed in now and then. What ever happened to the good ol days...

Last edited:
Looked like a rear wing failure for the #4 Kolles, debris flying before Spengler hit anything and it went right around. Wouldn't be surprised if that is race over đź‘Ž

Big impact for the #30 hitting the armco backwards at the 1st Mulsanne chicane. Looked like a concertinaing of cars in LMP2, hard to tell.

Doesn't look good for the ByKolles either, scary place to have a wing failure if that's the case. It was running steadily and slowly climbing back up before that, hopefully that doesn't mean the end :nervous:.

Edit: Bykolles now disintegrating as it tries to limp back.

Edit 2: #8 has now been backed into the garage.

Last edited:
Looks like they're potentially addressing the brake issue #8 has had, working on the front right.

Edit: And now the #37 has stopped.

Toyota #8 in the pitbox with the nose off.
They might be using the SC to repair that right front brake duct they've been struggling with for a while.

#30's crash was huge:

Either hit the wall at an access point so an harsh angle or actually punched through the barrier, the driver got out and walked himself to the ambulance though.

First safety car was totally unnecessary. You use full course yellow then establish if the safety car is needed. It wasn't. Current one. Very necessary. Good to see the driver walking.

Looks like it was even bigger than it came across on screen. Whole rear end just wiped out on that #30, so good to Gommendy got out even more so.

The ByKolles is now in the garage at least, and the #8 has now left the pit-lane, didn't hang about too long.

First safety car was totally unnecessary. You use full course yellow then establish if the safety car is needed. It wasn't. Current one. Very necessary. Good to see the driver walking.

From what I heard from the finnish commentators about that Ferrari crash on the Porsche curves, the safety car was needed on the basis that the Porsche curves are such narrow part of the track with high speeds, there was no way the slow zones would have been enough to get the car safely out of the way and the barriers repaired.

From what I heard from the finnish commentators about that Ferrari crash on the Porsche curves, the safety car was needed on the basis that the Porsche curves are such narrow part of the track with high speeds, there was no way the slow zones would have been enough to get the car safely out of the way and the barriers repaired.
The other factor in that crash was that the hit was hard enough to trigger the impact lights (I assume by that they mean the yellow light which was flashing in the windscreen) so they needed to get the medical car out to the driver.

The second safety car for the Kolles was a dark gravel trap and debris left on the racing line, I think that one was a fair call too.

Except the driver drove the car out and through a cut out at the same time the safety car was called.

Use of the safety car was perfectly valid on both occasions it was called out (especially for the 2nd incident). Much better safe that sorry at the end day, so don't see the fuss, didn't ruin the race so all good.

↑
Except the driver drove the car out and through a cut out at the same time the safety car was called.

Notice this aswell.

The impact was hard enough to trigger the medical car to be dispatched so they needed the SC to cover that (as far as I know N24 is the only event which will let course vehicles run with white flags covering them).

This current SC I presume is to allow the barrier repair vehicles to get back to base.

The commentary I was watching said something at the time about "it"(I presume the safety car) was automatic if that medical light(which I'm sure they said was blue) comes on. So a non-discretionary procedure probably.

Latest Posts

Back