2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
I wasn't really paying attention, but just looked over at tv and saw them getting back in the cars. I was wondering how they got the track dry so fast.

Well if that wasn't the most eerie yet vaguely touching thing I've ever seen in a motor race. Kinda reminiscent of the 9/11 tribute from 2011. And also something that could only have happened under these circumstances in this year. May we all look back on this race in these times years from now. 2020. The oddest season in NASCAR history.

PS, it would have been icing on the cake to have the track lights go off for the duration.

3 laps to go, just as I was saying we need a caution, there was a caution! I root for Rowdy, Horseface and White Bread. Horseface might just win this one.

As Mike Joy said, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" regarding pitting there. It seems to happen way too often at the end of these races. Always a caution with a handful of laps to go.

I would be stunned if Gustafson still had a job by Wednesday in the 9 team after last night, absolutely horrendous call. HMS truly is the Ferrari of NASCAR at this point :banghead:

There was really no winning in that scenario since if he didn't pit everyone else would making him a sitting duck. I knew right when the caution came out he was screwed for that very reason.

I was getting ready to say the xfinity race was more entertaining then the 600. Then the last 50 laps turned into a cautionfest.

Also Kyle Busch getting his 97th win is just nuts.

I was getting ready to say the xfinity race was more entertaining then the 600. Then the last 50 laps turned into a cautionfest.

Also Kyle Busch getting his 97th win is just nuts.
I already saw his win coming when he was leading with 50 laps to go

I already saw his win coming when he was leading with 50 laps to go

Every Xfinity race with Kyle Busch follows the same narrative. Starts at the back (or at least in the teens), drives to the front, dominates the middle part of the race, fans lose hope, miraculously always gets some sort of penalty or has a loose wheel and either has to pit under green or go to the back (and under rare circumstances he crashes or blows up), fans get excited again, is there enough time for Kyle to drive back to the front? Some races there is, some races there isn’t. And so on.

That race at Phoenix (2008 or 2009?) was both sad and impressive at the same time. Kyle starts towards the front, gets a penalty that drops him to dead last and spends the rest of the race just driving by cars (Even gets abit of middle finger action towards the officials in there) and still wins the race.

Latest Posts

Back