2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
That race was rather entertaining. On the final restart I'm thinking, Brad Keslowski is going to be problem because he's on newer tyres compared to Elliot and Logano. I'm not really a Brad fan, but I had a feeling that he'd win if Elliot and Logano got together. And guess what happened! This is why I watch NASCAR now more than ever.

Pretty good race, one of the best I've seen on the "new" Bristol.
Yep, two lanes, engineered with help from PJ1, makes a nifty difference in the quality of the racing. I like it!

Personal thought: I like Ryan Blaney, for he has many great qualities. But I'm beginning to fear his days at Penske could be numbered. Maintaining consistent focus and concentration does not as yet seem his greatest strength.

2020 keeps on giving...

But there is hope it could just be a one-year thing before we actually get the fabled Fairgrounds race everyone wants.

But hey, even though very few people liked the Superspeedway, at least it’s a new track in a core NASCAR market

Last edited:

2020 keeps on giving...

But there is hope it could just be a one-year thing before we actually get the fabled Fairgrounds race everyone wants.

But hey, even though very few people liked the Superspeedway, at least it’s a new track in a core NASCAR market

I was wondering where Nashville Superspeedway was in all this schedule realignment talks. Hopefully that track can also get on the right path as well.

I was wondering where Nashville Superspeedway was in all this schedule realignment talks. Hopefully that track can also get on the right path as well.

I always thought it was in a lot worse shape than it was and was basically a lost cause, since it’s basically been abandoned for a decade, but it doesn’t really look that bad. I read that Dover thinks it’ll cost less than $10 million to renovate to be race-ready, which seems optimistic.

I always thought it was in a lot worse shape than it was and was basically a lost cause, since it’s basically been abandoned for a decade, but it doesn’t really look that bad. I read that Dover thinks it’ll cost less than $10 million to renovate to be race-ready, which seems optimistic.
According to this video on YT, the track is actually in a decent shape as Nissan is currently borrowing the property as storage.

I was at the track two weeks ago. It wouldn’t take a lot to get the track cleaned up. Surprised they actually are keeping it up versus letting nature take it back over.

they need to lay some of that compound down, if not it will be a single line race.

I wonder if Iowa is in the conversation for a future Cup date?

I know they were trying to get a date for 2021, no word on if they've made any progress though. Hopefully both Iowa and Road America can get dates for purely selfish reasons. :lol:

2020 keeps on giving...

I remember driving on that track in V8 Supercars 3...

I know they were trying to get a date for 2021, no word on if they've made any progress though. Hopefully both Iowa and Road America can get dates for purely selfish reasons. :lol:
I'd think you're not alone in that regard. Fans have been clamoring for more short tracks and road courses for years.

I'm trying to figure out why the Pocono and Indy races are starting at 4pm. I know it's late June / early July, but neither track has lights. Meanwhile, Kentucky, which has always been a night race, is scheduled for 2:30. Makes no sense. :confused:

The late start for Indy is likely due to the NHL playoffs. I can’t think of any reason for Pocono though as it’s on FS1.

Pocono Cup races are 2nd race of the day on both Saturday and Sunday. 1st races are at 12:30.
Trucks Saturday, Xfinity Sunday.

VIP tickets at about $900.

Anybody just see that with Bubba? I hope he is okay :indiff:

He was dizzy upon standing up to fast after getting out of the car, and then during his interview post race his eyes started to cross and lids started closing. Hope he is okay :/

EDIT: Appears to be okay and being checked by care center.

What just happened with Bubba there is why you don’t put cameras in these guys faces right after they get out if the car. Should have gone to the care center the first time. This isn’t the first time this has happened to him.

Bubba passing out after race today. Bummer
We'll see his condition soon I hope.

Okish

What just happened with Bubba there is why you don’t put cameras in these guys faces right after they get out if the car. Should have gone to the care center the first time. This isn’t the first time this has happened to him.
And how do you think he would feel if another driver threw a drink in his face?

Latest Posts

Back