2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
It's turning into quite an interesting season. The Steelers had been largely untested & are now (IMO) showing their weaknesses. The Chiefs look like the team to beat. It sets up the intriguing possibility of a Rodgers - Mahomes Super Bowl showdown ie. the old GOAT against the new GOAT... although obviously a lot can happen between now & then.

The other interesting element is the number of other teams who could easily make their way to the SB with a couple of strong games in the post-season: the Browns, the Bills, the Ravens, the Colts, the Titans, the Rams, the Seahawks, aside from the early strong starters - the Saints & Steelers.

This is all assuming Covid doesn't destroy the NFL season over the next few weeks. :indiff:

What has been the big story of late has been Drew Brees expected to start on Sunday for the New Orleans Saints. Brees is coming back from rib injuries and such.

Oh, and last night... regulation solved nothing between the Los Angeles Chargers and the Las Vegas Raiders. The Chargers won 30-27 in Overtime. The Raiders' postseason hopes are very shaky right now at 7-7 or so.

"So much for winning the division..." -in regards to Buffalo trying to win the AFC East. Well, they are IN! now thanks to their beatdown victory at Denver 48-19. So congratulations to the Bills one their first Division championship since 1995.

But will the Bills fold in the playoffs? But saying that, I’m not sure anyone is truly safe for the first 2 rounds outside of Kansas City.

If you counted all the TDs taken by penalties last night in the Bills/Denver game, againsy the Denver defense Buffalo would have scored something like 70 points.

I think they are ready. We've waited too long. I have never seen them take the division in my lifetime.

Have an enjoyable Sunday of NFL football! Maybe a few more teams will have their postseason dreams come true, granted they are still in it...

With roughly 20 seconds left, down by 7, the Houston Texans thought they had a touchdown. Then the Colts punched the ball out of the Texans' hands into the end zone. The Texans lose the fumble. And so... we failed AGAIN. This time- 27-20 in our House of Horrors- Indianapolis.

Up next in the Houston Texans' fail-tastic season of 2020- our final two home games involves Cincinnati and Tennessee. Yep- my GTP friend Dolph Drago and I will be enemies when the Bengals come on down to H-Town. Neither Cincy nor Houston are going anywhere this postseason, so this one's all about pride and building for next season.

🤬 way to lose a game, but that's football. Anyhow, congratulations to all winners this week.

So you don't want New England in the Playoffs? Well, guess what? They're DONE. For the first time since 2008, the New England Patriots will NOT make the Playoffs. The Patriots failed at the Miami Dolphins 22-12.

The Jets can stop thinking about drafting Trevor Lawrence because they won't be able to anymore. With their improbable win over the Los Angeles Rams, 23-20, the Jacksonville Jaguars are now the team with the #1 pick in the draft and will likely finish there.

The Jets can stop thinking about drafting Trevor Lawrence because they won't be able to anymore. With their improbable win over the Los Angeles Rams, 23-20, the Jacksonville Jaguars are now the team with the #1 pick in the draft and will likely finish there.

Hah the Jets can't even suck right.

I’m just glad I don’t worry about the Browns ruining the Jets’ perfect season. Break out the cigars, 2017 Browns :lol:

Last edited:
No more winless teams, I see. I also see the Cleveland Browns chopped down the New York Giants 20-6. One Ohio NFL team wins this week; will the other do so too tonight? Speaking of tonight...

Steelers at Bengals TONIGHT!

The AFC North is in vogue this Monday night in the beautiful city of Cincinnati, Ohio. One team is going to the postseason, the other getting ready for next season. The Pittsburgh Steelers were once undefeated for a good portion of the season. Now with two losses on their 11-2 record and leading the AFC North for 2020, they just want to get ready to do some damage in the postseason. The Cincinnati Bengals, meanwhile, look to stun the Steelers a bit. Often times, "Cincinnati" and "prime time" don't bring up very favorable thoughts. Having a 2-10-1 record and being dead last in the AFC North isn't going to make any analysts pick you to win the championship (unless they're trolling, of course). They say the teams with nothing to lose are often the most dangerous. So maybe Cincy's favorite breed of cat can stun the boys from the Steel City. We'll see tonight if the Steelers can tack on another "W" or become dinner to the Bengals.

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: PIT (-14)
OVER/UNDER: 40.5

Please enjoy tonight's game should you be watching or following!

[UPDATE] Apparently, Pittsburgh has NOT clinched the AFC North heading into this PIT at CIN game. So I made the changes.

Last edited:
Spare some thoughts in loving memory of Kevin Greene. He died today at the age of 58. My condolences go him and all who known and loved Pro Football Hall of Famer Kevin Greene.

I have no words for the game tonight. Completely unexpected. The defense was great. And it feels great to knock off the Steelers, the one team I can't stand. Okay, I guess that was a few words. :)

Like I said: the Steelers were overrated. They have 2 more tough games against the surging Colts & Browns. It's not inconceivable that the Steelers could end up below the Browns in the AFC North.

Cincinnati Bengals downed the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-17 last night in Cincinnati.

The penultimate week of regular season NFL football in 2020 is this week. Welcome to Week 16! Here is a look at some of this week's games...

* MIN Vikings at NO Saints (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CIN Bengals at HOU Texans
* TB Buccaneers at DET Lions
* MIA Dolphins at LV Raiders
* CLE Browns at NYJ Jets
* IND Colts at PIT Steelers
* CAR Panthers at WAS Football Team
* PHI Eagles at DAL Cowboys
* TEN Titans at GB Packers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* BUF Bills at NE Patriots (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Are you ready for pro football on Christmas? There are even games after Christmas (probably when you return those frumpy holiday clothes you don't like that you got for Christmas).

Teams that have either clinched divisions or clinched playoff berths are in my next section. Who's IN!, as I like to say. Check it:

--- Who's IN!: AFC ---
* Buffalo (AFC East champions)
* Pittsburgh (clinched berth, lead AFC North)
* ...AFC South...
* Kansas City (AFC West champions)
* ...AFC Wild Card...

--- Who's IN!: NFC ---
* ...NFC East...
* Green Bay (NFC North champions)
* New Orleans (clinched berth, lead NFC South)
* Seattle (clinched berth, lead NFC West)
* ...NFC Wild Card...

Currently in the Wild Card hunt are as follows... Cleveland and Indianapolis (10-4 each) and Miami (9-5) for the AFC Wild Card. The Los Angeles Rams and Tampa Bay (9-5 each), and Arizona (8-6) are in the NFC Wild Card hunt.

Enjoy this week's action!

Merry Christmas, GTPlaneteers!

Football is coming your way today as you enjoy (or hopefully) your Christmas gifts. Today, we got NFC North meets NFC South as the 6-8 Minnesota Vikings pay a visit the 10-4 New Orleans Saints. That's right- NFL action in the Big Easy. Enjoy today's action!

Elsewhere...

...as if the Houston Texans didn't already have enough issues, various Texans players including QB DeShaun Watson were fined $7.5K for being part of a function where players didn't wear masks during this COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic. However, as I'm told, the only one whose bank account is light is from D. Watson, who paid the fine for all of the accused players. Picking up the tab for your homies.

Anyhow, enjoy some football today, tomorrow, this Sunday, and Monday night!

Please Detroit, give me at least a field goal by half time. Give me a reason to stay tuned (other than the potential to see Tom Brady throw for 9 TDS and 600 yards).

I like how Tampa is celebrating a win against a team that's on its third-string head coach and swimming in COVID.

Also, I enjoy how the NFL didn't cancel and/or postpone the game because it wanted the ratings from a nationally televised Tom Brady game with no other competing games going on.

I really hope the Lions don't try something stupid like start Stafford next week.

Saturday results:

* TB Buccaneers at DET Lions (47-7; Tampa Bay)
* SF 49ers at ARI Cardinals (20-12; San Francisco)
* MIA Dolphins at LV Raiders (26-25; Miami)

That's all from Saturday. What will today bring? Enjoy this final Sunday of 2020!

Neither the Texans nor Bengals are going to any postseason action this 2020 season, so this was all about pride. And in the end here in Houston, it was Dolph Drago's Bengals beating my Texans 37-34. Our pathetic season continues with another loss.

Final game for Houston Texans... home hosting our rivals, the Tennessee Titans.

🤬 season, but what can I do about it? Congratulations to all other winners this week.

The Bengals forcing the fumble at the end aside, there was no defense by either team in the 2nd half. U-G-L-Y.

Fun fact: That was the first road win for head coach Zac Taylor in his two years with the team. Overall snapped an 0-20 or 0-18 streak or something ridiculous like that.

Back