2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
The Dallas Cowboys fell at home 41-16 to the Washington Football Team. This is the first time Washington has swept Dallas since 2012. Not a happy Thanksgiving for Cowboys fans. Dallas is now 3-8, and Washington is now 4-7.

Ravens and Steelers will now play on Sunday:

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-steelers-game-moved-from-thursday-to-sunday

This leaves Turkey Day with only 2 games: No Names vs. Cowboys and Texans vs. Lions.
Ravens and Steelers will NOT play on Sunday because Baltimore has shut down it's practice facility until Monday at the earliest due to new cases, including QB Lamar Jackson. At best, a depleted Baltimore team will play Tuesday (and force next week's game vs. Dallas to be re-scheduled, or THAT one might also be canceled). At worst? The NFL will either move this game to week 18 or they will have to cancel the game entirely.

Due to COVID-19/Coronavirus, the Ravens at Steelers game, originally to be played on Thanksgiving Night followed by being moved to Sunday... will now be tentatively played on Tuesday. A number of Ravens players tested positive for COVID-19/Coronavirus, including QB Lamar Jackson.

Everyone... please stay safe.

THIS JUST IN...

The Detroit Lions have fired coach Matt Patricia. So his leash was strung out for as long as possible until finally getting canned. Maybe this will be the start of Detroit turning things around.

[OMISSION] General Manager Bob Quinn was also fired by the Detroit Lions in addition to coach Mike Patricia.

Last edited:
Bout damn time. Should have been gone last year. Caldwell wasn't that great of a coach, but at the very least the team was at least mediocre. They've been garbage with Quinn and Patricia.

ChiefWavyLabradorretriever-size_restricted.gif

THIS JUST IN...

The Detroit Lions have fired coach Matt Patricia. So his leash was strung out for as long as possible until finally getting canned. Maybe this will be the start of Detroit turning things around.

Start of turning things around? Oh, I love your optimism.

Yeah, that Denver Broncos news is awful. How are you going to play football without a quarterback? That's unless Denver decides to make an offensive lineman into QB or something. I am hopeful to see how this all plays out for Denver. I read on Twitter that some fans want Tim Tebow to come back and play for Denver despite this rash of this pandemic.

Elsewhere, a county ban on contact sports in Santa Clara county means that the San Francisco 49ers will have to look elsewhere to play their games and have their training and such. The ban is in response to the rising number of COVID-19/Coronavirus cases in California. Who knows where the 49ers will play their home games? They may even have to settle for playing their football at the San Francisco Giants ballpark, or (dare I say) play at where the Oakland Raiders used to play. Then again, my knowledge of the geography of California isn't all that good.

[UPDATE/OMISSION] General Manager Bob Quinn was also fired by the Detroit Lions in addition to coach Mike Patricia.

Last edited:
Yeah, that Denver Broncos news is awful. How are you going to play football without a quarterback? That's unless Denver decides to make an offensive lineman into QB or something. I am hopeful to see how this all plays out for Denver. I read on Twitter that some fans want Tim Tebow to come back and play for Denver despite this rash of this pandemic.

Elsewhere, a county ban on contact sports in Santa Clara county means that the San Francisco 49ers will have to look elsewhere to play their games and have their training and such. The ban is in response to the rising number of COVID-19/Coronavirus cases in California. Who knows where the 49ers will play their home games? They may even have to settle for playing their football at the San Francisco Giants ballpark, or (dare I say) play at where the Oakland Raiders used to play. Then again, my knowledge of the geography of California isn't all that good.

[UPDATE/OMISSION] General Manager Bob Quinn was also fired by the Detroit Lions in addition to coach Mike Patricia.

Yeah, that was the key park. Quinn was the start of the problem. Can’t fire the Coach and not the guy he hired.

I am hoping the National Football League can properly negotiate recent COVID-19/Coronavirus matters. On this final weekend of November 2020, be sure to enjoy all of today's action, including the nightcap.

I forgot to mention that the string of Saturday games for the 2020 NFL season begin on December 19. So get ready sometime in mid-December for the Saturday games.

I was thinking about this Denver situation. Wasn’t this the team that had Tim Tebow take them to the playoffs? While completing less than 50% of his passes? Yes! Yes!

I don’t think the Broncos are as bad off as we think.

I'll be your unofficial scoreboard for a moment. Games completed so far...

* New York Jets lose another one. This time, a 20-3 rout by the visiting Miami Dolphins.

* Another sort of inner-forum rivalry ensued in lovely Cincinnati, OH. It wasn't so lovely for the Cincinnati Bengals, though, as they lost 19-17 to the visiting New York Giants.

* It was 27-25 in Jacksonville, Florida as the other Ohio NFL team won today. The Cleveland Browns tamed the Jacksonville Jaguars today.

* Buffalo did good as the Bills weren't scared of the Los Angeles Chargers. Buffalo won at home 27-17.

* The New England Patriots had few issues, if any, with the Arizona Cardinals. The Pats took home a 20-17 victory.

Congratulations to all other winners of this week's games up to and beyond the time of this post.

Adam Gase takes over calling the plays for the Jets and the results of them doing nothing are predictable.

From what I gathered happened in the Bungles game today (as I was working and didn't see it), it ended it typical Bungles fashion. They needed about 15 yards to attempt a potential (go-ahead) game winning field goal. The QB, whose name I don't even remember, was promptly sacked and fumbled the ball away. And that was that. Not even a chance of getting 3, even if the kicker was to bounce it off the upright like he did twice last week. Yay, Cincinnati...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually, Dolph Drago, I was watching the highlights of that final sequence on YouTube earlier today. It sure hurts to have a chance to win... then squander the opportunity for whatever reason. Sorry about the Cincinnati Bengals.

Panthers allowing the Vikings to go 75 yards and score the game winning TD in the final minute is peak Panthers. On the brightside. Jeremy Chinn is looking like he's going be a legit superstar. First player in the Super Bowl era with two fumble recovery touchdowns in the same game.

Last edited:
Absolutely disgusting person off the field, but on the field can we agree that Tyreek Hill is the best player in the NFL?

I know I've said WR's are replaceable figures on the field, but doesn't mean that they are not the best players in the sport. There was a reason we let Terrell Owens by T.O. Why we let Chad Johnson change his name to an incorrect Spanish translation.

NFC North was in vogue last night with the Green Bay Packers smacking the Chicago Bears at home 45-21. Tonight, though...

Seahawks at Eagles TONIGHT!

The NFC is in vogue as well as two breeds of bird. Fowl play will be involved as the boys from Philadelphia will welcome some Seahawks from Seattle. Seattle leads the NFC West with a 7-3 record. Philadelphia is 3rd in the atrocious NFC East with a 3-6-1 record. So in this West-Meets-East battle, who will be the better of the two teams tonight? We'll see how this one goes in Philly!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: SEA (-6)
OVER/UNDER: 49.5 points

A few news notes to pass along... is that the Jacksonville Jaguars have fired General Manager Dave Caldwell. Jacksonville is currently 1-10 and dead last in the AFC South. The New Orleans Saints are now $500K USD light and lose a draft pick thanks to a video surfacing when the Saints celebrated a win in the locker room without wearing masks.

Other than that, enjoy today and tonight's action.

Last edited:
The Broncos playing with no quarterback on their roster at all made them play exactly as well as the Jets did today.
The Broncos could have played the Jets yesterday and they probably would have won 15 to 3.

Houston Texans WR Will Fuller has been suspended for six games for violating performance-enhancing drugs. So while the Texans have improved of late, this will further bring down the Texans' offense. The Houston Texans will host the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday. Yay...

Raiders are dead to me.

You don't go from almost defeating the Champion to get humiliated like that like the Falcons... THE FREAKING FALCONS.

I'm absolutely out of words.

Last night saw the Seattle Seahawks take down the Philadelphia Eagles 23-17.

Welcome to December 2020, GTPlaneteers! This is the final full month of regular season NFL football. Methinks it is time to set up Week 13. Before I discuss the upcoming games, let's do a Standings Update. Find your favorite team(s):

--- AFC (as of December 1, 2020) ---
AFC EAST: Buffalo (8-3), MIA (7-4), NE (5-6), NYJ (0-11)
AFC NORTH: Pittsburgh (10-0), CLE (8-3), BAL (6-4), CIN (2-8-1)
AFC SOUTH: Tennessee (8-3), IND (7-4), HOU (4-7), JAX (1-10)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (10-1), LV (6-5), DEN (4-7), LAC (3-8)

--- NFC (as of December 1, 2020) ---
NFC EAST: New York Giants and Washington (4-7 each), PHI (3-7), DAL (3-8)
NFC NORTH: Green Bay (8-3), MIN and CHI (5-6 each), DET (4-7)
NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (9-2), TB (7-5), ATL 4-7), CAR (4-8)
NFC WEST: Seattle (8-3), LAR (7-4), ARI (6-5), SF (5-6)

For what I know, every NFL team up to this point is still postseason eligible except the New York Jets. The Jets were officially eliminated last week or two weeks ago. So keep playing hard to help contribute your cause.

Here are some of the games coming up this week:

WEEK 13 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Carolina and Tampa Bay

* BAL Ravens at PIT Steelers
* CLE Browns at TEN Titans
* CIN Bengals at MIA Dolphins
* LV Raiders at NYJ Jets
* IND Colts at HOU Texans <<< HOU WR Will Fuller suspended 6 games (PED usage)
* NYG Giants at SEA Seahawks
* DEN Broncos at KC Chiefs (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

(WAS at PIT, BUF at SF, and DAL at BAL all postponed due to COVID-19/Coronavirus)

I hope you all take care, be well, and stay safe. Enjoy this week's action!

Last edited:
Raiders are dead to me.

You don't go from almost defeating the Champion to get humiliated like that like the Falcons... THE FREAKING FALCONS.

I'm absolutely out of words.
Falcons are a lot better than at the beginning of the year. That being said, you can't POSSIBLY lose to the Jets.

The Pittsburgh Steelers remain undefeated in 2020 with a 19-14 win over the Baltimore Ravens yesterday. The Ravens are officially eliminated from AFC North contention with this loss, but their AFC Wild Card hopes are still alive. I apologize for not posting this any earlier because I couldn't find a score for this game prior to posting.

Enjoy the rest of this week's games.

Back