2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
After a scorched Earth policy made him a persona non grata for his team, the Jets traded away their outspoken S Jamal Adams to the Seattle Seahawks for 2 1st round picks.

We've seen how the NBA, MLB, and NHL have handled these pandemic times. As much as most other major sports have had their handling of these situations, we have yet to see how football is going to go. A lot of college football news has made the rounds as they made their own declarations. For example, some college conferences have either forgone or moved to Spring football. Something tells me if the COVID-19/Coronavirus deal isn't contained better, I kind of fear the NFL may go to Spring football. If that happens, could you imagine the Super Bowl in May or even June?

I hope the NFL can successfully get through and complete the 2020 season and not have some of the current qualms that Major League Baseball is potentially facing.

Just so you know... we're about a week away from the NFL kicking off its 2020 season. A lot of uncertainty will be involved in how the season will play itself out considering the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic and how many fans may actually fill the stands. You have an idea as to what football COULD be like if you've seen a few recent High School and college games. Now imagine how the pro football game will be like once the NFL kicks off proper next week with my Houston Texans at the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs.

So... you ready for the 2020 NFL season? By the way... L. Fournette was released by Jacksonville long ago and was picked up by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Imagine a Brady-Fournette connection...

THIS JUST IN...

The Houston Texans and DeShaun Watson have agreed to a four-year extension to stay with the Texans. The deal is with $177.54M USD deal with $111M guaranteed. It is the second-largest contract in NFL history behind Patrick Mahomes' big contract.. I'm glad we don't have to ship off Watson like DeAndre Hopkins being stupidly shipped off. Watson still needs to further prove he's one of the best young QB talent in the NFL today.

The Houston Texans will play at the Kansas City Chiefs this coming Thursday to kick off the 2020 NFL season.

Things I didn't expect to see when I woke up this morning, "Adrian Peterson signing a 1-year deal with the Detroit Lions".

Although, in typical Detroit sports fashion, we got a really good player past his prime. At least Detroit didn't overpay him and he should serve as a good mentor to the young backs.

Well, you waited for months. Now- it's here... the 2020 NFL season! The defending champion Kansas City Chiefs will host the Houston Texans to start the 2020 NFL season. There have been no Preseason games or anything, so what happens will be the first true action of the 2020 season as it begins in full anger tonight. So get psyched for the new season! It will be interesting to see how teams and players handle this new season considering the COVID-19/Coronavirus madness.

Enjoy tonight's action as well as all of this season's games!

The first game of the 2020 NFL season wrapped up. I didn't have my Houston Texans winning at Kansas City, and I was right. Texans fell at the Chiefs 34-20, basically conceding when they got the ball back late after the Chiefs landed a field goal to that final score. I knew this was the opportunity to show what the Texans' boneheaded trades and moves would explode right in our faces. It was basically showing the Chiefs get to hit the ground running and show they are favorites to win it all again... at our expense. It was the same story as the Texans' AFC Division matchup in the playoffs, but with a much less lopsided result. That game, we were up 21-0 after one quarter and did very little since. Tonight, we were up 7-0 and did little since. This could be a tough year for the Texans.

Up next for the Texans- back home to Houston to host the Baltimore Ravens next week. Yay.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games once they get underway.

Quick rundown of games completed so far...

* In Atlanta, the Dirty Birds of Hotlanta fell to another breed of fowl- the Seattle Seahawks. It was 38-25 that Seattle won over the Atlanta Falcons.

* The New York Jets went into upstate New York to meet the Buffalo Bills. The Bills were money with a 27-17 victory over the Jets.

* The NFC North was in vogue today as the Chicago Bears paid a visit to the Detroit Lions. Chi-Town won in MoTown 27-23.

* More NFC North action commenced in a college-style scoring affair in Minneapolis. The Green Bay Packers got the better of the Minnesota Vikings, winning 43-34 in Minneapolis.

* New England no longer has Tom Brady's awesomeness, so how would this new Patriots squad fare? The Patriots won at home 21-11 against the visiting Miami Dolphins.

* The Washington Red... uh, the Washington Football Team won 27-17 against the visiting Philadelphia Eagles.

* No longer the Oakland Raiders, meet the Las Vegas Raiders! In their debut as LV, they tamed the Carolina Panthers 34-30 in Charlotte.

* An AFC South showcase happened in Jacksonville as the Jaguars hosted the Indianapolis Colts. "Sacksonville" won 27-20 over the Colts.

* My Texans get the Baltimore Ravens next weekend. This week, though, the Ravens won 38-6 against the visiting Cleveland Browns.

That's all. Correct me if I screwed something up here. Carry on about your day/night...

The Bengals lose in very Bengal-esque fashion. Blow a 13-6 lead in the 4th quarter. Burrow takes the team down the field rather easily on their final drive in the final 2 minutes (all the way to the 3 yard line with 15 seconds left), but..Green gets called for offensive pass interference on 1st down that negates a touchdown. 10 yard penalty. Decide to go for field goal with a few seconds remaining just in case snapped gets botched to tie it. Kicker shanks field goal, hobbles off field with injury. Game over. Bengals lose 16-13.

Yay.

2020 has been a crazy year, but I can take solace in knowing that no matter how crazy things get the one constant in my life is going to be the Lions disappointing me every Sunday. So thank you Detroit for bringing some sort of sanity back to 2020.

2020 has been a crazy year, but I can take solace in knowing that no matter how crazy things get the one constant in my life is going to be the Lions disappointing me every Sunday. So thank you Detroit for bringing some sort of sanity back to 2020.
You can also take solace in the fact it's the same in Cincy.

You can also take solace in the fact it's the same in Cincy.

Hey, you got double trouble in Ohio. The Browns looked like they dropped their beanbag chair next to ours in the basement.

Maybe just week one over-analyzing, but maybe Tom needed Bill more than Bill needed Tom.

First time for the 2020 NFL season... let's do this!

Steelers at Giants and Titans at Broncos... both TONIGHT!

Get ready for a Monday Night Football doubleheader tonight! First off is the Pittsburgh Steelers heading to the shadow of New York City and in New Jersey to meet the New York Giants. An invasion of black and yellow will be coming to Metlife Stadium. The Giants hope to start off the 2020 season right. Doing so, though, will require the Giants to defend home against the Steelers. So who will begin 2020 at 1-0 between these two? Or could we have a tie? You'll have to tune in tonight to find out!

The AFC is in vogue for the 2nd game of this doubleheader. We got the Tennessee Titans of the AFC South meeting the Denver Broncos of the AFC West. Denver hopes THEY will be the AFC West team to beat, as opposed to the Kansas City Chiefs who won on Opening Day against my Houston Texans. Tennessee aspires to win the AFC South. Tennessee traveled a Mile High to meet the Denver Broncos tonight. Can the Titans tame the Broncos, or will the Broncos stampede over the Titans? We shall see...

--- BETTING INFO ---
* PIT at NYG: PIT favored -6; Over/Under is 45.5 pts.
* TEN at DEN: TEN favored -3; Over/Under is 41.5 pts.

If you'll be following tonight's action, enjoy the action!

What do you all think about the first weekend of NFL football for 2020? Keep in mind- the season is NOT over just because your team is not undefeated after one game! Not every team is required to chase down the 1972 Miami Dolphins to be a great team. Even the *almost* perfect 2007 New England Patriots couldn't get past the six-loss New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII. Every team can still make the playoffs at this point.

Let's look at some of Week 2's games to be played. This week...

* CIN Bengals at CLE Browns (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* BAL Ravens at HOU Texans
* DET Lions at GB Packers
* BUF Bills at MIA Dolphins
* SF 49ers at NYJ Jets
* NE Patriots at SEA Seahawks (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* NO Saints at LV Raiders (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

These are some of the many games to be played this coming week. Enjoy this week's action!

Week 2 of the 2020 NFL Season begins tonight with Buckeye State pride on the line. It's the Cincinnati Bengals at the Cleveland Browns. Enjoy tonight's game if you will be watching or following!

It's time to start a new week of NFL football for the 2020 season. Tonight's nightcap involves the Seattle Seahawks hosting the New England Patriots. Enjoy today's/tonight's action!

Lions a 6.5 underdog to the Packers. Shocked it wasn’t more. Could easily see Aaron Rodgers putting up 300+ yards and 4 TDs.

It was 33-16 in Houston as the Baltimore Ravens improved to 2-0 and the Houston Texans falling to 0-2. It was the battle of two young and talented quarterbacks as Deshaun Watson met Lamar Jackson. It seemed over as the Ravens just keep putting on the pressure. The Texans had few answers starting this season against two powerful teams. In the end, it was Baltimore (or "B-More" as some call it) putting down the Texans. Tropical Storm Beta may be heading towards Houston, but there was already a natural disaster in NRG Stadium after the Texans failed again this season.

Up next... we're going to one of my favorite NFL stadiums- Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to meet the Pittsburgh Steelers next Sunday at Noon.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

Saints at Raiders TONIGHT!

Tonight is the christening of a new NFL stadium. The former Oakland Raiders are now the Las Vegas Raiders, and they will play in Allegiant Stadium for the first time ever. The Raiders will host the New Orleans Saints. Both the Saints and the Raiders are 1-0 on the season. The New Orleans Saints are atop the NFC South at present, and the Raiders are 2nd in the AFC West. Vegas, baby! Just win, baby! We'll see if it will be the black and gold or the black and silver who will prevail tonight.

Betting information:
Favored: NO -5
Over/Under: 48.5 pts.

Enjoy tonight's action!

Welcome to Fall/Autumn 2020! Or in some other parts of the world, welcome to Spring 2020! How do you all like the 2020 NFL season so far? Are you still certain your 2-0 team will go all the way to the Super Bowl and win it? Are you sure your 0-2 team will lock the top pick of next season's NFL Draft? We still have a very long ways to go, so if your team is floundering, they can still bounce back. Time to start Week 3!

I usually showcase mostly prime time games when looking ahead with a new week. Now, I showcase a few extra games mostly based on regular GTPlaneteers who visit threads like this. So here is a look at what Week 3 will offer:

* MIA Dolphins at JAX Jaguars (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* HOU Texans at PIT Steelers
* TEN Titans at MIN Vikings
* CIN Bengals at PHI Eagles
* NYJ Jets at IND Colts
* TB Buccaneers at DEN Broncos
* DET Lions at ARI Cardinals
* DAL Cowboys at SEA Seahawks
* GB Packets at NO Saints (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* KC Chiefs at BAL Ravens (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

There you have some of the many games coming up this week. Enjoy this week's games!

Didn't see that win coming. I was absolutely in for a blowout win for the Saints, but my Raiders did it. This could have been their best game under Gruden's second stint: They controled the clock, they were bold and got lucky, had a great game on the ground, Carr was on point all night, bent but didn't break on defense, showed mental toughness, it was simply a perfect game.

I'm not seeing them as a playoff team just yet, but if they play like this one game at a time, who knows? It's 2020 after all.

And BTW... HOW TF did you lose that game Atlanta?????? HOW?????

No question- Gale Sayers was one of the all-time greats in the NFL. I surely sympathize with all who have known and loved Gale Sayers. My condolences go out to all who known and loved him.

Dorofeens! We begin this week of NFL football in 2020 with a Sunshine State Showdown as the Miami Dolphins travel up the Atlantic coast to Jacksonville to meet the Jaguars. Can the Dolphins down the Jags of "Sacksonville?" Find out tonight!

Back