2020 Preferred Live TV Streaming Service

United States
Wichita, KS
Greenlightning
For those that do not use cable or satellite TV what is your current favorite live TV streaming service?

I have Cox Cable internet and a Cox firestick. Have had both cable and satellite TV in the past. Have had the firestick for several months, has lots of tv shows and movies options. The main problem is that often times signal would freeze for like 30 seconds or less frequently (like every 15 minuets or less).
Would like to consider getting rid of firestick and just using steaming service that has live tv.
Just hate paying $100 plus month for internet and TV via cable or satellite - perhaps though with all things considered it might be better? Also hate having to pay for cable TV boxes etc.

Currently trying out fubotv, except for the price do not think there is enough channels. Will cancel and try youtube tv. Not interested in Hulu with live tv. I have had sling in the past a few years ago and was not impressed (maybe its better now?)

Regarding streaming music, Spotify with premium is the best in my opinion. Have been a paying member for over 5 years.

Be interested in other gtplanet members recommendations and comments.

I use Hulu with LiveTV since it's discounted when bundled with Disney+ and ESPN. It has Disney Junior too, which is pretty much all my son watches.

I've tried SlingTV in the past, but the streaming quality is garbage and would often freeze during programs that had high viewership. I remember trying to watch the Home Run Derby and it was constantly freezing up and losing the signal. I had PSVue as well and really liked it, but I guess Sony didn't think it needed to continue.

For music, I have Amazon Prime so I get that and I have Premium Spotify. I tried Google Music and hated the interface.

At the moment currently leaning towards YouTube Live TV. Going to try it for 7 to 10 days before deciding. Like the interface and usability is better/easier then other tv streaming apps. There seams to be a good on demand movies also. Unlimited recording capabilities is a plus. The price is not great, however for what it has will be okay for awhile.

Anyone have youtube music service, any benefits over spotify?

I had YouTube TV up until recently when I switched to Hulu with Live TV. My only complaint about YouTube TV is the price (Hulu has all the channels I watch plus I can bundle Disney+ and it's still cheaper than YT). I will also echo what @Joey D said about Sling, that service is a golden example of "you get what you pay for".

For music I have Spotify Premium and Amazon Prime. I've tried other services but can't find anything that matches Spotify when it comes to ease of use or variety.

October 2020 update.

Used YouTube TV for all of September. It's a good service, however a little to pricey for the number and selection of channels. Probably 12 to 20 channels would never watch. Lots of good auto race coverage and car shows though.

Tried Hulu with live tv, however user interface is not very good. It might however be overall better for someone that wants to minimize their cost. I think channel selection was actually better then YouTube tv.

Therefore decided just to go back with cox cable TV service. Except streaming it with streaming devices to 3 televisions. Its more then really want to pay, but since already had cox internet. Will probably keep it until Feb. 2021 and see whats available at that time.

Back