2020 Touring Car discussion (TCR, BTCC etc.)Touring Cars 

Toyota C-HR of some variety was out and about at Fuji

It could be a TCR car. I think it may be a TCL car after having a read on the regs for that.
It could be something completely different, I'm not really up-to-speed with non-Australian motorsport.

I've been waiting for something more hard core than the past Nurburgring 24H Lexus SUV & C-HR. Could definitely see it as a category for Puma, CX-3, Kona, etc.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing much in the way of confirmed entries for this year's WTCR just a bunch of stories about teams withdrawing? Is it still gonna go ahead?

Michael Caruso in TCR for 2 seasons with GRM. Glad he's found a full time ride somewhere.

https://www.tcraustralia.com/michae...ear-valvoline-grm-alfa-romeo-tcr-partnership/

caruso_valvoline_alfa.jpg

That’s a brave move, considering TCR hasn’t even kicked off in NZ yet. Delayed, even. Good way to gently force competitors into the new series though.

Edit: I realised this comment comes off as a little cynical but that wasn’t my intention at all. :P

That’s a brave move, considering TCR hasn’t even kicked off in NZ yet. Delayed, even. Good way to gently force competitors into the new series though.

Edit: I realised this comment comes off as a little cynical but that wasn’t my intention at all. :P
I didn't read it like that. Seriously, some of the NZ competitors getting a jump start in ATCR at the Grand Prix and some future rounds. The feedback from those and new competitors, will also boost interest in NZTCR.

Qualifying format is interesting. Reads like a video game.

Think they'll still finish off in China?

Edit:
IMG_20200220_124238.jpg

Last edited:
Qualifying format is interesting. Reads like a video game.

Think they'll still finish off in China?

Edit:
View attachment 892544
Got plenty of rallycross/Race of Champions/Robot Wars impressions through reading the format, though I'm surprised that there isn't a 'final' final between the top three drivers in each final. Otherwise it seems like only drivers who qualified for Final A will have a chance to earn outright victory. Not entirely sure how well the format will work out on longer circuits like the Salzburgring, especially with only three or four cars on the grid per 'Battle' race, but we'll have to see. Too early to say about the Chinese round, but hopefully it should still go ahead depending on how quickly the current medical situation can be resolved.

Meanwhile, Ciceley Motorsport announces its title sponsor, identity and two-car entry for BTCC 2020. Adam Morgan and Dan Rowbottom retained as drivers:

Münnich Motorsport to expand their WTCR Honda operation:

And on a sadder note, Rob Huff to not compete in WTCR this year:

Back