2020 Touring Car discussion (TCR, BTCC etc.)Touring Cars 

Big dramas and teething issues aplenty in the Feature Race, but congratulations to Sutton and O'Keeffe!

I stopped watching after the first race. The lag and the commentary dropping in and out was shockingly bad. Hopefully they can sort out the issues for the next round.

I stopped watching after the first race. The lag and the commentary dropping in and out was shockingly bad. Hopefully they can sort out the issues for the next round.
There were plenty of people complaining about the stream on both YouTube and Facebook - Race 2 lag was even worse. I believe this championship has promise, but those issues made me appreciate how polished the GT World Tours and the recent IndyCar iRacing Challenge event looked by comparison.

It appears that TCR Europe are jumping onto the e-racing scene as well (clip at 0:59 suggests they'll be using Assetto Corsa as the simulation software).

You made it a lot further than I did. I gave up after a handful of laps but I nearly pulled the pin when qualifying was so ordinary.

There were plenty of people complaining about the stream on both YouTube and Facebook - Race 2 lag was even worse. I believe this championship has promise, but those issues made me appreciate how polished the GT World Tours and the recent IndyCar iRacing Challenge event looked by comparison.

It appears that TCR Europe are jumping onto the e-racing scene as well (clip at 0:59 suggests they'll be using Assetto Corsa as the simulation software).

I'll be posting your quote in the Assetto Corsa section. ;)

You made it a lot further than I did. I gave up after a handful of laps but I nearly pulled the pin when qualifying was so ordinary.

Persisted with it in the hope that it would get better. I was too invested in the race by the time I realized that it wouldn't. :lol:

Hopefully the cap on entries improves the quality of the stream. Couldn't possibly be any worse than last week.

If anyone is looking for some virtual touring car racing, I have quite enjoyed the WTCR real-life drivers vs esports gamers races.

Also, if you interested in learning more about the drivers, the Fast Talk podcasts are great.

TCRs are very close in pace to GT4 cars but they're completely separate regulations.

BTCC may well be faster than GT4, GT4 cars are pretty close to road cars while TCR & BTCC are much more developed as racing cars.

I don't know if anyone brought it here, but TCR South America is set for April 2021 debut.

At the moment the only circuits confirmed are Interlagos and Curitiba in Brazil and Rivera in Uruguay, with a third Brazilian venue to be decided between Goiânia, Velopark and Velo Città. Argentina will have 3 venues on it, probably Buenos Aires, Termas de Rio Hondo and Villicum, and Chile will have a venue, still to be confirmed.

Though there are no competitors confirmed for TCR South America, we already have a car here, more specifically an Audi RS3 LMS DSG, racing in Endurance Brasil.
IMG_0320.jpg

I think that the Veloster and Elantra are more in line with the South American market or even with the Brazilian one, even though we don't have the N road models here.

Interesting that Hyundai is investing in motorsport in a good level in this decade, as we have here the Copa HB20 single make cup but if you look at the bigger picture, you have TCR. R5 rallying, some classes in NLS and N24, etc.

It was a bit of surprise to see Jordan withdraw when I saw that this morning. However, given the current global situation, and the fact that AJ parted ways with long-time sponsor Pirtek last year, I feared this may have been a budget related issue sadly.

And it looks like that has been the case (Note: mild language warning with the article). It's a shame he's had to pull out of this years championship, but hopefully he's back for next year, just a case of whether he'd be able to strike a deal with WSR again, or go elsewhere. Thinking about it, I like the idea of Jordan joining Sutton and Moffat at the recently expanding Laser Tools squad to drive a third Infiniti Q50, that would be a perfect squad setup if so.

Jordan explains more about his BTCC decision on the Goodwood website.

Have to say I was a little shocked to read that report yesterday, but I can understand why considering the current situation and off the back of the Pirtek deal ending. Glad that Jordan is still on good terms with WSR and that he is looking to build on his participation in historic racing. Hope that when the situation improves and there is a more stable financial base for him, he can come back and start challenging for a second title again.

Latest Posts

Back