Touring Cars 2020 Touring Car discussion (TCR, BTCC etc.)

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by VulcanSpirit, Dec 2, 2019.

1. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

Big dramas and teething issues aplenty in the Feature Race, but congratulations to Sutton and O'Keeffe!

EDIT: More issues in the reverse-grid Sprint, but Rowan Shepherd takes the top spot!

Also some hot BTCC news for you - Speedworks becomes official hybrid testing partner.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

I stopped watching after the first race. The lag and the commentary dropping in and out was shockingly bad. Hopefully they can sort out the issues for the next round.

05XR8 and FPV MIC like this.
  3. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

There were plenty of people complaining about the stream on both YouTube and Facebook - Race 2 lag was even worse. I believe this championship has promise, but those issues made me appreciate how polished the GT World Tours and the recent IndyCar iRacing Challenge event looked by comparison.

It appears that TCR Europe are jumping onto the e-racing scene as well (clip at 0:59 suggests they'll be using Assetto Corsa as the simulation software).

Spacegoat, 05XR8 and FPV MIC like this.
  4. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

You made it a lot further than I did. I gave up after a handful of laps but I nearly pulled the pin when qualifying was so ordinary.

Spacegoat and 05XR8 like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

I'll be posting your quote in the Assetto Corsa section. ;)

6. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Persisted with it in the hope that it would get better. I was too invested in the race by the time I realized that it wouldn't. :lol:

FPV MIC likes this.
  7. 05XR8

05XR8

New Fiat Tipo TCR

8. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Spacegoat likes this.
  10. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Hopefully the cap on entries improves the quality of the stream. Couldn't possibly be any worse than last week.

11. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

12. Torneo

Torneo

If anyone is looking for some virtual touring car racing, I have quite enjoyed the WTCR real-life drivers vs esports gamers races.

Also, if you interested in learning more about the drivers, the Fast Talk podcasts are great.

13. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but TCR/BTCC cars are NOT GT4 level cars, right?

14. Roger the Horse

Roger the Horse

TCRs are very close in pace to GT4 cars but they're completely separate regulations.

BTCC may well be faster than GT4, GT4 cars are pretty close to road cars while TCR & BTCC are much more developed as racing cars.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

16. 05XR8

05XR8

17. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

18. Minamoto_W

Minamoto_W

I don't know if anyone brought it here, but TCR South America is set for April 2021 debut.

At the moment the only circuits confirmed are Interlagos and Curitiba in Brazil and Rivera in Uruguay, with a third Brazilian venue to be decided between Goiânia, Velopark and Velo Città. Argentina will have 3 venues on it, probably Buenos Aires, Termas de Rio Hondo and Villicum, and Chile will have a venue, still to be confirmed.

Though there are no competitors confirmed for TCR South America, we already have a car here, more specifically an Audi RS3 LMS DSG, racing in Endurance Brasil. IMG_0320.jpg

19. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit